43 - Black Atom

The Werewolf's Best Friend is a Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Pokes out of my lil rabbit hole*

Chapter 43

KAI POV

"Ah. Your aim is still as precise as ever." Ren commented as his sister unloaded the gun. Most people would never like their girlfriends knowing how to load a gain much less have an aim like Flo has but given her pass history, it was needed besides I find it hot, my own personal Lara Croft.

"Why are you grinning like a ert?" Minny asked beside me.

"I am not." I answered.

"Ahh Kai. Such a liar." She teased poking my side.

"Where's your Deer?" I asked changing the topic.

"Him? He went with Kris and Orianna to the Institute." Minny answered. "Why are you here so far away?"

"Ren Hyung has a gun on him. I still want to live and wear the suit you designed for my wedding." I answered.

"Kai..." Minny said and she placed her hand over mine and gripped it tightly.

"Yes Min?"

"Do it right this time. Don't let go of her."

I sighed and squeezed her hand.

"I will Min. Will you help me? Again?"

"Of course. I do still believe in you two but I swear Jong In."

"Ahh every time you use my real name now I feel a threat coming."

"Because there is. I will hunt you down and do a Liam Neeson on you."

"Okay. That is scary."

"I'm serious."

"As I am."

"You need to understand something too."

"What is it?"

"This is back to square one for you. You have no advantage what so ever with her. Do you ever think about what if Kris came earlier?"

"It hunts me once in awhile."

"Well welcome to your nightmare."

"I thought your were going to motivate me."

"No. That there. That girl is your motivation."

"Yes. Yes she is. I want to see her smile again Min like the way she used to. I want to see her whine about you picking skirts for her when she wants to wear pants. I want her to have fun with Tao and Sehun again. I – I just want her back to when she was happy Min."

"Basically back before Lee Nara came."

"Yes."

"Before you became stupid."

"Yes."

"Before I became so quick to judge her actions."

"Min."

"Don't pile up all the blame on your shoulder Kai. We all made a mistake. So we need to do everything now to get her back."

"Agreed."

"MIN! Come here for a minute!" we heard Flo's shout. Minny let go of my hand and stood up.

"What is it Flo? It's too hot!" Minny answered.

"Just come on! Bring Jong In with you." She said.

I cringed when I noticed Red Hyung cocking his shot gun and glared at me but he was civil to me when his sister is around.

"It's too hot!" Minny complained once we reached the two.

"Are you kidding? It's a fantastic day! It's warm!" Flo said with a grin. She placed the gun she was holding on a nearby table and used her now free hands to run it through her hair. It was still too short for my liking but even if Flo was bald I'll still dig it. What a sappy sap I am.

"Jong In. Stop spacing out." She said snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Sorry. You just look nice today. I had to stare." I answered.

"Man what a cheesy charmer you are." She answered with a laugh not noticing the glare I received from her brother.

"Florence what do you want me to do?" Minny inserted crouching beside Ren. She was using his tall frame to shield her from the sun. Flo grinned at her amused. Her brother moved away and laughed when Minny whined latching herself on his side and his shadow. It was safe to safe that Ren had sort of forgiven Minny. The Khan siblings had always had a soft heart for her.

"Hurry Fluf. Minny tends to melt when it gets to hot." Ren said ruffling Minny's hair.

"Well aren't you close." Flo commented. She rolls her eyes at the two and smiled at me. "Min I want you to learn to at least know how to fire a gun. I already asked Luhan and I know they all view you as a dainty princess who is suppose to be protected but I feel that you really should know this because other then it can save your life it can save Luhan's."

"Tell me what to do then." Minny answered letting go of Ren and stepped towards Flo. Determination written all over her face.

Flo studied her for a second and smiled softly.

"You know I have yet to hear your love story." She mused. "Am I part of it?"

"A huge chunk of it." Minny answered with a smile as she grabbed her best friend's hand. "You'll remember it. I'm sure of that."

"I'm sure if I take too long Bambi Lu will just tell me. He looks like he likes to tell people how he made you fall in love with him." She answered not letting go of Minny's hand.

"He's actually a sappy pup." I inserted.

"And you're a cheesy omelet." Minny quipped with a wink at Flo.

The smile on Flo's face slowly morphed into a frown as she faced me.

"Do you have a girl friend Jong In?" She asked. She frowned as she swung her and Minny's hand back and forth. "I know that Baby has a girlfriend, so does Suho and Minseokie..."

My mind instinctively answered 'you are my girlfriend' but luckily I was able to stop myself from blurting it out. Ren still has the rifle in his hand and I still want to live but before I can answer her we heard some one calling her name.

We all faced the source of the shout and saw a horse galloping towards us. As it came closer I recognized it was Black Atom, which was Kris' horse which he was also riding.

"Hey everyone." Kris greeted once he stopped.

"She's beautiful!" Flo exclaimed. She let go of Minny's hand and went up to the black horse. The horse of course recognized her.

"Well aren't you docile." Flo commented.

"This is Black Atom, your horse's partner of course it will be docile since it knows you." Ren said. He patted Black Atom who nuzzled the hand. Flo's horse was a snobbish one while Kris had the more docile one. "Your first horse had to retire and to cheer you up, one of Mom's friends gave you a new one as abirthday gift. Black Atom on the other hand was brought by Kris since only the two of you likes to ride."

"You don't like riding Min?" Flo asked turning around to see Minny shake her head.

"To be correct I don't like to ride any mode to transportation when you're driving. I like to live to see my grand children thank you very much." Minny answered with such a serious face but it made Flo laugh.

"Man you must hate going fast."Flo said after she stopped laughing. "I guess you and Bambi like it slow?"

"Of course- Yah Florence Khan! You dirty minded girl!" Minny exclaimed blushing so red. Flo doubled up laughing again.

"Min if Luhan loose adorable mad you look so darn cute when you're embarrassed. You two belong together!" Flo said.

"Shut up Khan!"Minny said hitting her best friend's arm who was still giggling at her.

I can't help but laugh at them. It was like back in high school. We all love to make Minny blush by teasing her with Luhan.

"Min I didn't even say anything dirty." Flo said.

"The implied meaning is as clear as day Khan." Minny answered huffing.

"You're too cute." Flo countered.

"I will burn your food." Minny said in Korean.

"Not fair Min. I don't understand." Flo said pouting.

The horse snorted again catching everyone's attention.

"Anyway. Are you taking him for a walk Wolfy boy?" Flo asked Kris.

"Sometimes I question your IQ Flo and it's a her, your horse is the he." Kris retorted. Flo just rolled her eyes at him. "This is a surprise. Dr. March said you can ride today as long as we go slow like Bambi."

"Really? I can? Really?!" Flo said jumping up and down. The happiness on her face made me wish I learned to like riding but I don't and besides it was a thing that she and Kris used to bond over on. I didn't mind before but now that it seems that it is indeed back to square one.

"Sure. Actually I took the initiative to pack some lunch."Kris said and smiled. "Do you fancy a picnic with me Ms. Khan?"

"That is such a wonderful offer kind sir. I graciously accept." Flo answered and curtsied. She looked cute but I don't find this fun. Minny and I exchanged glances and I racked my brain to think of an excuse to make her stay but I also knew it was too late for that. The minute Flo saw her horse it was end game. Kris did a smart move. Our eyes meet and a smirk briefly appeared. I clench my hands tightly fighting the instinct to punch him.

I instead focused on Flo who was trying to tie up her shoe laces more tightly. I sighed, since she can't still bend down properly and yet she was pushing herself. I knelt in front of her and tied them myself.

"Thanks Jong In." She said with a smile.

"Anytime Fluffy."I answered.

"Please stop calling me that." She whined.

"Do you prefer Short Fuse then?"I teased. She huffed up and tired to step on my hands.

"You're such a mean Pillow."

"I know but I'm still very much hugable."

"Well I should verify that first."

"By all means go." I said and opened my arms wide with a grin.

A loud cough made me realized I had forgotten our audience. Flo chuckled and patted my shoulder.

"I'll take a rain check on that Jong In." She said with a smile. "And you have yet to answer my question."

"Well you know where to find me." I answered.

"True." She answered and turned away from me.

I remember how she told me before that it hurt to watch me walk away from her and she was right. It hurt to watch the person you love walk away from you to go to another person. I watch, the heaviness in my chest growing as Kris pulled her up to ride with him. The pain was real as I watch her wrap her arms around Kris with a smile.

"Kris remember you aren't allowed outside the estate." Ren reminded them.

"Of course Hyung." Kris a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter