10 - A Spoonful of Maturity

The Werewolf's Best Friend is a Genius
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello.. :D how is everyone? 

Chapter 10 – A Spoonful of Maturity

FLO POV

Before dinner Aiden called me again with a status report saying that Edmund was now stable and my plan of putting back inside the tube actually worked. They had removed him after he stabilized and he was now under induced coma so he won’t feel that much pain.

I wanted to go to London so I can help but then Seth delivered his side of the report.

“I’m in lock down here?” I said with raised brows. It was just the three of us talking inside my office.

“It’s not like you’re in prison.” Nikki said eyeing me with a smile.

“I know but why? I might be needed in London.” I said rising from my chair.

“Aiden and Julie are more than capable of the task there Flo.” Seth said. “And it’s not just you. All of the 26 are on lock down wherever they are now. No travelling and leaving the country until we established as to why one of your experiments was attacked and why another was killed.”

“But not all of the 26 was involved in that project.” I said pacing.

“Umbrella protection Flo. It’s better to be safe than sorry.” Seth answered.

“I guess you’re right.” I said with a shrug. “Can you make sure the others are safe? The experiments I mean.”

“The Institute’s tracking them as we speak.” Nikki answered.

“Well there is not much I can do then.” I said with a sigh and sat on my desk. “Edmund is now stable and recovering and once he wakes up we might be able to ask him who attacked him and what they wanted.”

“Please leave that work to us. No playing detective Flo. Please.” Nikki said in a serious tone. I nod and we stayed silent for a few moments to let the situation sink.

“Sure. I have a wedding to plan anyways.” I said smiling now. “And no it’s not my wedding it’s Minny’s. Luhan’s proposing.”

“Well finally! That’s great news!” Nikki said smiling too. “Now when will Kai have the nerve to ask you?”

“I’m engaged since I was in high school.” I said wiggling my left hand to her.

“Really? Then why are you avoiding Kai then?” She retorted.

“I’m being a childish part. That’s all.” I answered with a sigh.

“Is everything okay dear?” Nikki said.

“Yup.” I said swinging my feet back and forth.

“Hey in case you haven’t notice Seth and I are fabulous sources for couple advice. We have been married since we had graduated from high school.” Nikki said sitting beside me.

“We’re the love experts’ baby.” Seth said sitting on my chair and eyed me expectantly.

“Have you ever had that one person in your life that you were seriously uncomfortable having your Nikki around Seth?” I ask him.

“Yes and it’s not just one person. I can list them down. Her first love, her now famous actor fling when we sort of broke up, her other suitors that look much better them me.” Seth answered. “I wasn’t always this handsome and charming when I was young Flo. I was a swiney, nerdy boy with spectacles. In a way I can relate to Kai. Nikki was our back to back prom and home coming queen, in the cheerleading team but also an honour student. I had no chance whatsoever with her.”

“Then he saved me from those stack of books from our local library- the rest was history.” Nikki said reaching over to pat her husband’s knee with an affectionate smile. “I have people too who I rather not leave Seth alone with but by doing that I realized I was being selfish and also childish. I had to trust Seth that he won’t do the wrong thing. In a relationship such as yours it is hard to do so but love, look it this way. How do you think Kai feels every time a prince or an heir expresses their interest on you?”

“I think he once mention he would love to lock me inside his closet since he was having insecurity issues.” I said with a smile as I remembered Kai’s face. “In the end he relented and the issue passed.”

“Well why don’t you trust him now and give that girl a chance. I know you Florence Khan, you like giving everyone a second chance.” Nikki said giving me a hug. “It will be alright. Believe me Kai still looks at you with Goo-goo eyes.”

“With what eyes?” I asked amused.

“You know that eye expression- that sparkle and shine of the eyes when it falls on the one person that holds ones heart. I have seen it on Luhan too and recently on Sehun.” Nikki said with a grin. “And Minseok and Suho. You kids aren’t that kids anymore, some of you are near the age to settle down now.”

“I still give her the Goo-goo eyes.”Seth said and widens his eyes looking at his wife who covered them.

“Creep.” Nikki quipped.

“But you love me still!” Seth sang and laughed. “Anyway I heard that we’re having dinner here?”

“Yep.” I answered getting out of the way so that Seth can pull Nikki onto his lap. I watched my two bodyguards kiss and hug each other and smile. It’s so sad that they can’t have children - Nikki had experience a rather traumatizing event that lead to her having to remove her uterus or die - they would have been such wonderful parents. I knew that first hand since they treat me like their kid. Mom and Dad sometimes get jealous of them.

A knock interrupted us and the door opened.

“Dinner’s ready.” Kai said from the door. He eyed me gingerly. “Can I talk to you before that?”

“Well food’s calling.” Seth said standing. He and Nikki walked out of the room. “We’ll wait for you outside.”

“Why don’t you just go up and we’ll follow? The building is still in level one security anyways.” I said.

“Sure. You know what to do when danger calls.” Nikki said as she closed the door but not before giving me an encouraging smile.

Kai and I eyed each other before he took a step towards me and then he was in front of me. He grasped my hands and gave me a timid smile.

“Are you still mad at me?” He asked softly.

“Let’s sit down.” I said not answering his question. I moved to sit on a single high back chair but he tugged me on the couch.

“Please. I don’t like you far away.” He said pouting.

“Kai it’s just a few inches.” I said but let him tug me to sit down beside me.

“That’s far enough.” He answered.

“I can’t be mad at you when you’re too close.”

“Why do you think I’m doing this?’ He said wrapping his arms around my waist and snuggling into my neck. “I’m sorry Jagiya. Please forgive me. I won’t dance with Lee Nara anymore if that’s what you want.”

“No don’t do that.” I answered softly.

“But you get mad when we do and I rather watch on the sidelines then make you mad.”

“Where are you going to show that dance anyway?”

“One of the major cultural shows between Korea and England. We’re doing some pop songs sung by their stars. Suho said that some major dance companies might be there.”

“So it’s important.”

“It is but I value you more then it.”

“Kai. I think you need to do the dance.”

“No.”

“Listen.” I said pulling away from him and grasped his face. “Let me talk for a minute before I let you snuggle back.”

“Fine.” He said letting me got and I instantly missed his warmth.

“Lee Nara makes me uncomfortable, uneasy and based on our past experience with her I don’t like nor trust her that much but I do realize that she has the best dancing skills that can match yours and well.. We sort of need her so we can show the world how great at dancing you are.”

“But-”

“Shussh-let me finish. I also realize that I’m being a bit prejudiced about her and I never gave her a second chance.. So here I am being an adult and letting you dance with her.”

“Are you sure?”

“No but I need to learn to trust you when it comes to Lee Nara. I can’t just act like a jealous freak every time. We’re already too old for those childish fits. I want to learn to not go ballistics every time a girl flashes you a smile or acts clingy.”

“I sort of like it when you act like that. A bit.” Kai said with a sheepish grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter