Chapter 2: Old Friend

Tricked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was still early in the moring but Se Jin was already up and was already preparing for a quick morning jog around her neighborhood. It was a spontaneous decision of hers before she went to bed but she felt that a jog was in order. She had big decisions to make in the future and one of those was her promise to her fiance earlier that night.

 

It still bothered her that her beloved Yongguk, who told her before that he will always support her dreams and aspirations since day one, had asked her to give up the same dreams and aspirations that he supported before just because he thought it was harming her well being. The concern of his was well received however, the course of action he took was not appreciated. Se Jin didn;t like to dwell on negative thoughts and feelings, especially if it is in any way relted to her fiance so she decided that a run might help her get her thoughts off the topic for some time. 

 

"You're up early" Someone said as Se Jin passed by the living room, on her way towards the front door of the house and when she turned around to see who it was, she squaled in excitement. Her grandmother was in Seoul. She was in Se Jin's living room and for that, the young bride-to-be was estatic.

 

"Halmoni! You're here!" She squaled and jumped up and down like a little girl "When did you arrive? How was your flight? Is grandfather with you? Where is he? Did Kyungsoo and Ha Ra come with you guys too? Did they? Did they? I missed you guys so much!" And like a little girl, the doctor who always kept her composure around the hospital, lost all sense of decorum, acted like a child in sugar rush and shot rapid fire questions to her grandmother.

 

"Enough with the questions young lady and act like you're age. Goodness gracious, you're about to get married and you still act like that whenever I'm around" Her grandmother playfully reprimanded and then motioned for her sweet and loving grandchild to come over "I missed you too, darling. Now come give your old grandmother a nice and warm hug before you go jogging off to who knows where"

 

Se Jin happily complied withher grandmother's request and trapped her in a very tight and very warm embrace. Se Jin had always been close to her grandmother since her childhood days. Even when her grandparents followed her other family members and migrated to the US. Soon after, Se Jin's younger sister soon followed her grandparents to the US and continue her studies in an Ivy Legue University. She still kept in touch with them and once in a while, she'd visit them in the US during vacations but to the young doctor, it still wasn't enough. She'd still miss them as badly.

 

"I can see that you had discovered our little surprise for you. But that's fine, we were just about to wake you up, darling." Her father announced as he emerged from the kitchen with her mother, both having a warm cup of tea in their hands.

 

"Before you jog and de-stress your mind, let's have a little chat over tea. I'm sure my little piglet has a lot of stories to tell me" Her grandmother said and with that, Se Jin contemplated and weighed in her options. As much as she would like to spend time with her lving grandmother and have her questions earlier be answered, she was also aware that her grandmother can make her spill every bean out of the can, every worry and problem that she has running in her mind will be let out and she does not want that. Se Jin knew how much of a worrier her grandmother is, because she inhertied that trait from her, that is why she wants to keep her problems to herself and spare her grandmother the worry.

 

"As much as I like to Halmoni, I really think I need to jog first. I ate so much last night and I rather feel constipated. Maybe a jog can help me digest all the food I ate" She joked and kissed her grandmother's cheek before giving her an apologetic smile "I will join you for tea and breakfast later, before I leave for work. I have a late shift so we can hang out and hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter