Road Hazards

Road Hazards [Drabble]

 

 

 

They met by pure hazard. Or at least something resembling it.

 

It was a on a Friday afternoon a few days before Christmas. Taehyung was at the front desk, politely but enthusiastically asking his secretary to collect some data for statistics matters. Hoseok had had the worst of afternoon, having to deal with one or two of his biggest cases.

 

Taehyung's smile had the effect of a freshening breeze on his slowly overheating system.

 

They met for coffee afterwards, but soon their meetings became more than necessary to blow some steam off.

 

Sometimes, Hoseok wished there were road signs for life. He was not prepared to let someone as bright as Taehyung enter his life. He was not ready, yet he got used to it too easily.

 

"Do you remember what you told me the first time we went for coffee?" Taehyung would often ask.

 

That day, Hoseok was on verge of collapsing from exhaustion, wanting nothing else than going home and sleep his life out. Though, he followed Taehyung to the nearest coffee shop, as if guided by a weird instinct. Meeting Taehyung gave him the impression that he could get through anything.

 

"I told you you had a better effect on my moral than a power-boosting session on a dead car." Because they had met hazardously, just as unexpectedly as any road hazard.

 

Taehyung and Hoseok had completely opposing personalities. Where the latter was more collected the first was impulsive and worked based on his sole desires. With time, their personalities stained each other's, changing them for the best.

 

What amazed Hoseok the most was that even if Taehyung was a little calmer than he used to be, he still had that talent to surprise him in the best ways.

 

"I love you. Let's move in together?"

 

Even if he was surprised by the out of the blue proposal, Hoseok couldn't refuse. Taehyung was like the headlights of the car that was his life, lighting his path in the thick obscurity surrounding some of his days.

 

"I love you. Let's move in together?"

 

"Mine or yours?"

 

They grinned mischievously at each other, because they knew they would argue for days and end up choosing another place anyways.

 

"Thank you, Doctor." The little girl said before she walked away with his mom. "Goodbye!"

 

"Goodbye, Bunny! Remember what I said, okay!" Hoseok winked.

 

"You seem happy and rested these days. Any big changes in your life?" His secretary asked as they left the office that night.

 

"I moved."