Chapter 2

The Cure for the Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter II

 

       "Heeeeeeyy-!"

       Hina loves annoying her friends, but this time, her dragging of the syllable is stopped by the palm-to-face movement of her closest, mood-killing friend.

       "You're annoying," intones the annoyed brunette.

       "Oh come on, Jessica!" she whines, "I know you love me." A cheeky grin splits across Hina’s face.

       She continues, “I know you care. Just shout whenever, and I’ll be the- ouch! God dammit Jess, you asked for it!”

       “Don’t even try to throw my book at me unless you want to get hurt. And you know that it will be painful.”

       That stops Hina in her tracks. A morbid memory of Jessica “playfully” bumping shoulder with her rises in Hina’s mind. Well, it was “fun” in Jess’s view, but it was a whole other world of immeasurable pain in hers. Either Jess feigns innocence at her brute strength, or she really is that ignorant at the wrong time. Wrong for Hina, anyway.

       “Hmph.”

       Well, better safe than sorry.

       The class room is bustling with students, something rare at 7 am. Classes began only at around 8.15 and students usually filed in close to 8. Well, no matter. Whatever be the case, it does not change the fact that Hina is suffering from a major headache; a result of the lack of sleep the previous night.

       That evening in the abandoned block had shaken her at her core. She had been afraid of falling asleep last night after undergoing that experience.

       She shudders as she settles herself in the seat next to Jessica.

       "You look like you haven't slept in weeks," observes Miss Obvious. Of course Hina isn’t ignorant about the suitcases under her eyes.

       "Geez. Don't get your in a bunch."

       "I didn't even say anything!"

       "Well, with eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter