Chapter 1

The Cure for the Pain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter I

 

       Hina Takahashi is a 16-year-old girl, not extraordinary, not ordinary either. With deep ebony, long, wavy hair and large matching eyes contrasted by her pale skin, one would think she came straight out of a manga, of course, with the exception of her petite frame.

       Hina Takahashi likes to keep a dream journal, and records all her nightly imaginings in the sturdy, yellow-paged hardback. However, rather than the dreams that she thinks she sees, she writes what she usually wants to see. You see, the black-eyed petite girl suffers from a problem. Forgetting dreams. She does not forget it entirely though, thank the gods. So she uses the bits and flashes that she does remember, and proceeds from there. She wonders why she does this, why she tries so hard to hold onto those forgotten dreams. She tries not to think too hard though. She might not like what the answer will be, if there is an answer at all.

       She shoves the thought to the back of her mind and proceeds with her narration of yet another fantasy she'd like to dream, or partly dreamt. "Dream Journal" sounds cooler than its fantasy counter-part so she leaves it as that. Presently, she is writing one of horror, of a man chasing her on a wet deserted street, as clichéd as it sounds. However, before she can even weave its tragic end, the end that she remembers, the bell decides to ruin her chances. She shoves her secret journal in her bag before her friends get a chance to spot it, and straightens up while pressing at her skirt, flaring an air of indifference that one would think as happiness.

       The class hums with conversation until the arrival of its master - the incorrigible Physics teacher. Hina groans inwardly, and pulls out the million ton text book as Mr. Harris begins the lesson with his usual drawl and boredom. She tries not to day-dream after coming to a conclusion that she knows this lesson like the back of her hand, something that she had read before moving to Korea.

       Hina isn't one to boast, but it's hard for a genius like her to tolerate a class so plain and boring, which is precisely why she is luckily situated at the back of the classroom, right next to the sole window. Hina admires the view outside the window as her mind begins to stray. Life is so boring these days that it's hard not to let her mind jump here and there once in a while.

       She tucks a lock of dark brown hair as the thought of doing something exciting plagues her mind. It's Friday, so a little excitement wouldn't hurt her studies. Pondering on what that excitement would be, Hina's eyes unknowingly, and who knows, fortunately, fall on the abandoned school a little ways away from her window. In a matter of seconds she knows exactly what tonight's exciting activity will be. And she grins inwardly.

 

       It when excitement makes the day pass as slow as a sloth. Consequently, the usually bubbly Hina Takahashi is on edge. The bell finally rings, signalling the end of school, and before she can stop herself, she bolts up from her falling chair and raises her arms in Hallelujah.

     "Finally!!" she exclaims, dramatically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter