001

When We Were Sixteen

First chapter as promised!!!! :) 

Yes, I know it is short. Terribly short. Please be patient!! This is a part 1 of a 2 part intro kind of thing. 

 


Kai POV

I was twelve when I first saw her.

Standing in my doorway, clothed in a blood red dress, staring at me with those piercing onyx eyes, as if she was controlling me. Which she might have been in a way.

 

I was thirteen when I started having problems

What problems you may ask. Well, the problem of getting up, getting out of bed. At this, you would most probably laugh at me, staring at me like I was a freak. Just like how my parents stared at me.

 

I was fourteen when I realised.

I had enough of trying to explain to my parents. I took things into my own hands, sneakily using my laptop under the covers when I was supposed to be asleep. That night, all that was flashing through my brain was words, "SYMPTONS OF INSOMMNIA" "SLEEP PARALYSIS".

 

I was fifteen when she became a common sight.

Every night, I would see her standing in the doorway, with the exact same expression and in the exact same blood red dress. Far from being bothered and scared of it, I was actually fine with it. Why? I had read up about the illnesses I was suffering from. It was apparently common for those with sleep paralysis to have visions of a supposedly "devil" who was the reason for my inability to move and talk.

 

I was sixteen when the world I knew, turned upside down. If you told me four years ago that she was real, I would have directed you to a Wikipedia site. Now, I don't know anymore.