[chapter_four;[name;734]

Best Place

[chapter_four;[name;734]

 

Three days has passed since Jessica live in that old hut. She already use with dust and rotten wood that flying from the ceiling. Her body almost as healthy as it uses to be. She now can walk—although still limp—and her panic has increased, close to zero.

 

Her activity is always the same like the first time she in here. The soft voice always call her, gives her food, drink, and helps her to cure the wounds she has in the dark. Darkness, that’s thing that Jessica seeing when the soft voice’s owner starts to band her hands. He always cover Jessica’s eyes if he wants to come to her. They never see each other truthfully. The soft voice says that’s the condition she should do if she wants to live in the house—he has—longer. The girl doesn’t give a damn to it, she doesn’t want to run and die, even though she really curious with the face of the owner of the soft voice. How he looks a like? Is he likes an angel? Or someone scary?

 

“I will bring you to somewhere, turn around.”

 

Until now, Jessica never replies back. She doesn’t know why. When the soft voice comes, it’s like it has controlled her body, so she will do what he says to her. She doens’t have a think to ask, or to speak to him. But, after the voice has gone, she regrets it.

 

The blind cover is tying tightly around her eyes. There’s no gap, so Jessica can’t take a peek or even see the light. Everything is black. Trying to calm her heart, she takes a deep breath, continues to follow the hand that pull her. They pass the tall trees, pass the group of small herbivore animals, pass the bridge—that thing make Jessica can’t stop to tremble—and pass thing that never Jessica feels before. She guesses it silently.

 

“Count to ten and release your blind fold,”

 

Jessica doesn’t count to ten, what she is doing is focusing her ears, wait until the sound of the footstep gone. After she’s sure, finally she releases her blind fold. Her guess is right. There’s a beautiful river in front of her. The water is so clean, fresh, and clear. She really wants to run and soaks her entire body. But she doesn’t do it. She waits.

 

“Clean your body, I will go to find some foods.”

 

She only knows the voice in three days. The face of the owner never she meets. But Jessica is sure, he never lies to her. Without turning back to check it if he has really gone, she runs and enters the river. Releasing her shirt one by one, throw it to the rock near her. She plays and cleans her body that full of dust.

 

After she finishes it, she wears her clothes—the new clothes that she finds near the river—and sits, waiting. She resting her back on the tall tree, closes her eyes. She is tired. The voice never brings her this far. Her legs haven’t recovered yet. It gets pain.

 

“Turn around, I will bring you back,”

 

Jessica hears and knows really well that voice. But her body is too weak to move. Her eyes still close, doesn’t even have power to open it, but the blind fold already covering it. Jessica knows he already do his works. He doesn’t get angry although she disobey his orders.

 

“Climb to my back,”

 

This time Jessica obeys him. Her legs in poignant, her body in pain. She desn’t pick to force herself and make everyting worse.

 

Groping his back carefully, she successes to climb it. Gently they walk back to the old hut. Jessica can’t see what happens around her, but feel the cold air her skin, she guesses it already night. She doesn’t hear the chirp of the birds anymore, what she hears are the sound of the owl.

 

“What’s your name?”

 

The question just escapes from her lips. She surprises with what she has done. She wishes the one who carrying her doesn’t hear it. She is sure her voice is as thin as paper.

 

“Luhan,”

 

“Eh?” Jessica pulls her head back, shocks. Her blind fold bloks her view to see a little small that appears for the first time on the face of boy that carrying her.

 

“Luhan… my name is Luhan,”

                       

 


Author's Note

My exam will finish soon. I hope I will get the grade that my parent can proud of. Are you in your vacation day? Hehe. Hope your vacation turns out well. Thank you for come and read my story. Bye bye <3