[chapter two;_[who?;768]

Best Place

[chapter two;_[who?;768]

 

 

The warm sunshine creeping through the thin wooden walls of a room that has one window only. The window is getting block by bars that looks so new and shiny. The room is so dark at each side, so the light shines only half its contents. Give a little warmth to a girl who is lying limp without grounded in the far corner of the window. Jessica does small writhing and grimacing, find throughout her body is sick to be moved. Trying to move, she drags herself along the ground to another side of room that is not exposed by light that seems blinding her newly awaken eyes. She leans back to the old wooden walls. Make some rotted wood falling. "Cough, cough," the room is steaming like wildfire. If she calculates amount of dust that surrounds this room, it’s very much. More than human population in the world, so think Jessica, just look at her body that participates covered by the gray matter.

 

“You’re awake?”

 

Jessica startles and crawls away from the wall. Pull her body hardly to the light, leave the darkness that suddenly becomes very scary. The memory of yesterday night starts to play inside her mind, remind her that she is in danger. A sharp sickle sure can cut her body into parts smoothly.

 

“Answer me, are you awake?” the voice of nowhere can be hear again. Jessica feels she is hallucinating. She has turned into crazy. Her past lifes are enough to make her  into depression. Her head groggy and pulsating. “I will bring some foods for you, answer me,” imagine what food that this stranger voice is talking make her panic and be more sick. Someone is chasing her and he is imprisoning her inside an old hut. The chaser has so many crazy rabies dogs and he likes to hunt an unsual food. He likes to drink blood, eats raw meat, and soaks his prey’s fur to get death poison.

 

Maybe she is overacting. But nothing she can think beside her dead will come soon. She can’t escape from this place. Just to move from this to there really drain her energy. What she can do is only waiting and waiting.

 

 “I will put this in,”

Can be hear a sound of old hinge creaks before Jessica can see plate full foods that suddenly can be seen in the dark. Her eyes still unable to take the vision. She is in the middle of dark and light. The light isn’t enough to light up the room.

 

“Eat it and I will let you to come out,”

 

Inside her mind and heart that passable calm, finally Jessica can realize the different of the stranger voice. The voice isn’t like a thunder, not shout, not yell. The voice isn’t scary and bite. The voice isn’t deep and full of horror. The voice is very soft and peace. The voice is so small and calm her heart. The voice has made her panic decreases. The stranger voice that never she hears even once. The voice that comes out from outside.

 

After a long silent in her dizzy mind, she back to drag her body slowly, mopping the floor, to approach that plate. Seen from far, there’s a red, yellow, and green things on it. She hopes that’s not the part of human body. If it’s right; she picks to die of starving than transform into cannibal.

 

“I don’t have anything else beside that, I will go to get some water,”

 

The tramp’s sound is coming from behind the wall that consists of wooden shed which restrict them. Jessica waits until the tramp disappears before start groping anything on the plate. An apple, orange, and some fress green grapes. Sigh in relief, she begins to eat the fruits, one by one without thinking any longer. Her belly that unfills since yesterday wailing like a hungry lion. He—the male lion—doesn’t hunt, he only sits and waits his wives bring him foods. That’s the same thing that Jessica can do besides completing the puzzle pieces in her brain, she can only wait.

 

“Water,”

 

Jessica almost scream to see a hand suddenly appears from the small door near the plate. That hand is placing a half of coconut shell that full of water. The water looks so fresh and clean. Doesn’t need two seconds after the hand gone, she immedately drinks it all. Soaks her dry and hot throat. She can feel the water slides down to her belly. Cold.

 

 

 


Author's Note

Second chapter has released. Short likes I had said. Hope you like it. Give some of your opinion. Stay healthy and support me~ Thank you.