ZERO

Romance :: Harmony

~| Introducing Crescendo House |~

 

Crescendo House is an indie music group that formed by young and talented musicians. How they were formed or since when they were gathered is still unknown but they are actively doing song covers and promoting theirselves through online video channel or live performances. Currently, the group is consisted with six multi-talented young musicians, in which each of them are registered as active students in International Art Academy. Despite of being an Indie group, they determined to keep on growing and spreading the fun of music.

 

~ooOOOoo~

 

It was just another day of college where I could be enjoying my free time in between of classes. Lucky for me, I managed to get myself an empty table on the campus ground. Normally, every table on the campus ground was filled by students at the time for practicing their skills or just relaxing between their classes. This campus was called International Art Academy, or IAA. And just like the name, this campus was an art academy after all.

 

And a little bit introduction about myself, my name is Daniel Jang and I was a first grade student in Music Department.

 

Now, back to the story…

 

From the corner of my eyes, I noticed a guy running on the pavement. He seemed in hurry. I couldn’t help but to look at him for a moment before I looked back to my book. I really needed to learn if I wanted to safely pass my first semester.

 

“Oi, Crescendo House will be performing on the campus’ gym!” I could hear him shouting.

 

Those words quickly caught my ears. I looked up and saw that people around me started to get hyper. Most of them started to leave their position and headed out to the mentioned place. I only heaved a sigh and closed my book then stood up. After slinging my violin case’ strap on my shoulder, I walked to the gym.

 

Well, honestly, I did feeling a little bit annoyed to be bothered on free time. But as someone who has learned music for years, I never wanted to miss their performances.

 

Because… who doesn’t know about Crescendo House in this campus.

 

They were practically our Campus idols. I didn’t know since when they started the group or when it all began. I just knew that one day I heard them performing at my high school for my seniors’ graduation and the next thing I knew was that I began to idolize them and had entered this academy for them.

 

For your information, Crescendo is one of the dynamic symbols that taken from Italian words. It was used to show gradual changes in volume of a sound or tone. In music, the word itself is translated as gradually become louder. Perhaps, it was why they chose Crescendo as their group name. It was because they wanted to be gradually acknowledged in Music.

 

Crescendo House itself was formed by six talented people who could sing and play music well. Summing them all up, they were all-rounded musician. They had vocalists, rapper, guitarists, pianist, bassist and drummer; it was the basic form of a band. Not only that, some of them was able to play more than one instrument even to the instruments such as mandolin, banjo, xylophone, melodica/pianica, accordion, drum box and others. It was very interesting to see. Bottom line, their arrangements were brilliant.

 

Why did I know about their arrangement?

 

Well, Crescendo House had their own website and online video channel to promote their music. Mostly, they were covering existing songs. But the way of them arranging the music, it was something that I admired. Their cover songs were somehow refreshing. And in the most of their videos, they seemed for having fun; not to mention that they were always recorded their cover in live. Amongst the young musicians that I knew, I respected them ever since I knew them.

 

If you were questioning how great they were in music, I guessed it was shown by how crowded the place where they performed. And as I had expected, the school gym was packed by students. After managed to get myself in, I found an empty spot near the gym door.

 

The first thing that I did after I got to my spot, I looked at the stage; it was empty. I turned my gaze around and saw that people were expecting for them to come. I could see anxiousness on their faces. Perhaps, they were anxious to see the great performance that Crescendo House could bring. But after a minute or two, there were no sign of them showing up. I then heard some starting to complain.

 

“Hey, where are they?!”

“I’ve skipped class because of them.”

“What took them so long?”

 

Those were some of words that I could hear from their complaints. Some of them even threw tantrum to the guy who was announcing the performance earlier.

 

Honestly, I felt a little disappointed because they seemed wouldn’t be performing. I heaved a sigh and wanted to leave. But…

 

“Isn’t it become sweeter if you wait a little longer?”

 

A cheerful immature voice, or so I thought, of a girl had stopped me from stepping away. I looked around and saw a lean figure of a girl. She just few centimeters shorter than me; or perhaps, the 5-cm-heel boots that she used had made her higher. She has black hair that tied into a ponytail style. And as she raised her face, I realized that she got a cute face. But somehow, I felt that she was familiar.

 

I noticed her gaze travelling to my violin case. A smile then bloomed on her lips. “A violin, right?”

 

I turned my look around to my violin case then back at her. Seriously, something that came out from her had made me a little bit intimidated. Awkwardly, I replied, “Y-yes.”

 

“Well, we might need one someday. Mind of joining us?”

 

That’s it. I suddenly remembered who she was. “You—“

 

But she pressed her index finger on her lips, signaling me to keep quiet, and smiled at me. “Just enjoy the show, okay,” she said then turned away.

 

I wanted to stop her. But a sudden blackout diverted my attention. It also brought the ruckus around me to calm down. Then a soft piano sound was heard, followed by the sound of music effect from a keyboard and drum box.

 

I turned my gaze to the stage. There were three guys and two girls standing on the stage. From the intro, I recognized the song as SISTAR’s song for the online game, Chronos Soul. A slight smirk came to my lips. Those were them and their amazing performance had begun.

 

Perhaps, I should introduce them to you.

 

The guy that played the electric piano was Zhang Yixing, an exchange student from Chinese and a second year student of music major. His friends called him as Lay. Among all the Crescendo House’s members, I had known him for long since he was my senior back in High School. So I knew that despite of his 4D character and clumsy appearance, he was good in piano and guitar as well as singing. Some people said that he was also good in song writing. But I had never heard his original songs.

 

The guy that played the drum box was Kang Minhyuk, a Korean and second year student of music major. He had cute child-like face yet tall and slightly muscular build. As you could expect, he was famous amongst girls and had many girl fans. Aside of his appearance, he was in charge for drum and percussions as well as singing. He was the last member who just joined the group last year.

 

The girl that sang the first verse was called IU. Her real name was Lee Jieun and she was a first year student of music major. Perhaps she was the youngest of them all, but her music ability was as good as the other members. She was a great singer who got many praises for her sense and her technique in singing. Aside of her sweet vocal, I had seen her playing guitar and piano, and I had to admit that she was good. There were rumors that IU had joined the group even before she entered the academy. I guessed it was true because I kept seeing her on some of their videos since two years ago.

 

The girl beside IU was a gentle figure of a girl with long straight hair and calm face. From her appearance, she looked mature and a little bit mysterious. Amongst the fans of Crescendo House, she was known as the group big sister. Her name was Sayaka, a third year student of music major and an amazing pianist. I had seen her piano performance on Campus Orientation and I was amazed by her performance. She was truly a talented pianist. Honestly, I was wondering why she became part of the group. But when she sang along and eventually sang the second verse, I could see why she had her position on the group. Aside of piano, she really could sing.

 

The guy that stood behind the sound effect keyboard was Yong Junhyung, a third year student of music major with specialty in composing. Compared to Lay or Minhyuk, his appearance might be the least. But he had this bad boy-slash-cool guy charisma that charmed the girls. He was also a brilliant musician that could play piano, keyboard, guitar, and even songs’ composing. Surely, he would do the rap part later because he was also the rapper of the group. With all of his talents, I was so sure that he was actually the mastermind behind their great covers and also their leader. Despite of it all, he was the co-founder of the group. He was also one of those who had made me gaining interest on Crescendo House. I respected him and admired him as a musician. And amongst the members, Yong Junhyung was the only one that I personally knew because we attended the same composing class.

 

And lastly, a girl in ponytail hair showed up later and sang the forth verse after IU sang the third verse, mesmerizing the audiences with her powerful and vast-range vocal. I recognized her as the girl that had spoken to me earlier. Perhaps, if I realized who she was sooner, I might be able to talk with her more. Along with Yong Junhyung, she was the one who had made me gaining interest on Crescendo House. Her name was Ahn Seoyul, a third year student of Broadcasting major, the co-founder of the group, Crescendo House’ diva and a brilliant vocalist.

 

She was also the one who had made me wondering amongst the members…

 

 

~ooOOOoo~

 

Author(s) Note:

Thank you for reading this and I really hope you enjoy the story until the very last. I'm very sorry for any grammar mistakes.
I will try to update as frequent as possible but I'll give you my best. ;)
Any suggestion and questions are very welcomed. Feel free to ask me from the comment box or via my Twitter @AFFalize_sakura ! :3