Almost

Christmas Confession

"Almost done. Just a little bit higherr…" Kibum mumbled to himself as he carefully lifted the ornament higher on the tree. "Perfect." He smiled in satisfaction as he looked at, what he would call, the most perfectly decorated Christmas tree to ever exist. 

"Almost." He jumped at the voice behind him. Who dare call his tree 'almost' perfect? Kibum turned around with a frown, ready to cuss out whoever it was that insulted his decorating job, only to find a very cozy, not to mention extremely handsome, looking Jonghyun, standing and holding a mistletoe over his head. His blonde hair was parted to one side and swept across his forehead, and he was dressed in an adorable gray knit, oversized sweater. Simply too cute. 

"What do you mean, 'almost'? It's a masterpiece!" Jonghyun chuckled and walked closer until he was right in front of Kibum who just stood, confused. Although, on the inside, he was going crazy. For the longest time, he'd had a major crush on Jonghyun, and standing in such close proximity, in a dimly lit room, with only Christmas lights illuminating them, made Kibum's body tingle and his heart beat. Jonghyun moved the mistletoe to hang right above both of them.

"This is my gift to you." Kibum looked at him in confusion.

"What is?"

"My confession!" Jonghyun's smile was intoxicatingly adorable and never failed to make Kibum feel deliriously happy.

"Um…confession?" Could he mean that kind of confession? Kibum's heart beat faster in anticipation, and he gulped nervously as Jonghyun just stared at him. 

"I like you, Kibum." His eyes widened, his heart burst out of his chest, and his breathing ceased. 

"Wh-wha…you…uhh…" 

"And you like me too, huh?" Kibum was at a loss for words, so he just slowly nodded his head. Jonghyun giggled and came even closer, softly taking hold of one of Kibum's hands and it with his thumb. "That leads me to part two of your gift." 

"There's more?" Kibum wasn't sure if his little heart could take more excitement without going into shock. However, Jonghyun seemed to have no sympathy as he just nodded his head in response, looked down at Kibum's lips, and leaned in. Kibum leaned away slightly, unsure of what else to do at that moment, but Jonghyun simply chuckled and proceeded to get closer until Kibum just couldn't take it. He closed his eyes and quickly felt a pair of sweet, warm lips on his own. Whatever breath he had left in his lungs was completely gone as those plump lips guided Kibum to a place that had to be some sort of heaven. He felt Jonghyun squeeze his hand, and he almost fainted, then and there. How long had he been waiting for this moment? It didn't matter anymore because it was happening, and it was amazing. More than amazing. It was the best Christmas present Kibum had ever received. Just as he felt like he was about to float away from his own body, Jonghyun released his lips. He released the breath he had been holding the entire time and stared at the pink lips that were just on his. He had kissed those lips. Kibum couldn't help but smile at the thought, and he bit his lip to keep it from tearing his face in half. Jonghyun giggled in return and kept his hand intertwined with Kibum's. 

"Merry Christmas, Key," They smiled at each other before Jonghyun moved his hand to lie on Kibum's upper arm as he reached over to the tree and hung the mistletoe, that he had been dangling above their heads, on a branch in the very front. "Now it's perfect." As Kibum stared at the completed Christmas tree, he understood that it did indeed look a whole lot better with the beautiful green plant hanging from it. Jonghyun's hand s down Kibum's arm and, once again, their fingers intertwined. 

"Merry Christmas, Jong." As they stood in front of the beautifully lit and decorated tree, hands clasped tightly and Jonghyun's head resting on his shoulder, there was only one thing on Kibum's mind: best Christmas ever.