Breakfast

Liebesträume

Wow i couldn't believe i updated this story. By the way i missed Reply 1988 so much that now it already ended. :(

 


 

 


 

Hyunwoo stopped his steps, and stood like a statue. Everything around him look unnecessary right now, and it seems like his eyes only focused on the motion of two youth walked closely entering the café-resto across the road.

 

He strongly hoped he would be wrong but he was so familiar about how Hami looks like, and no matter how much he hoped  what he saw was wrong,

 

He could clearly saw how the guy leaned towards her and she didn't reject him. And he could clearly saw how the guy pulled her shoulder so she would get closer to him.

 

 

And somehow, Hyunwoo didn't follow them, instead he turned his legs away from the place.

 

 


 

 

She turned around to face Bogum, smiled easily ready to thank him for the meal and the ride. On the other side, Bogum already smiled to her already.

 

"Gomawo, Bogum-ah, I was so surprised you were there. I think I still cannot believe you're in Korea now."

 

Bogum smiled hearing that, and smiled because of her smile, "Then try to believe that," He pulled her closer before continuing his words, "I am here, Hami-ah. And the fact that we're still neighbors, don't get bored that you'll see me every morning, okay?"

 

Hami chuckled hearing that, and she felt comfort coming through her. If she put aside that Bogum had confessed to her today, she now already had her bestfriend back in her life. And it was something she would always appreciate now.

 

"Go inside, it's been your day and you need some sleep." Bogum tells her softly, still with a smile.

 

"Okay, you too, sleep well, Bogum." Hami replied,

 

But even Bogum said so, he pulled her once again into his embrace before she could turn around and go inside. It lasts seconds, but at least it could ease Bogum about how much he missed her back then. He hoped he can keep her right in his hug, but he knew he has no right to do so.

 

Yet.

 

"I'm sorry, I just missed you so much, Hami." Bogum speaks awkwardly, but he hoped that Hami could find the sincerity in it.

 

Which she did, and somehow though she knew she shouldn't feeling that way, she cannot help but feel the butterflies in her stomach, or the rush that her blood seemed to pace a speed up a little bit, as he hugged her like that. It was like she reminded to her lost feeling toward Bogum, it was like she reminded of the way she used to see him.

 

After Bogum pulled off the hug, it was some seconds of silences and she was staring straight into his eyes.

 

And Hami realized one thing, the way she saw him is still the same.

 

It was like everything coming together, and Bogum whispered to her that made it like it came into one place,

 

"I'll wait for you, and your answer, Hami-ah."

 


 

 


 

 

Graduation were already days before, and now it's time for her to keep attending interviews for job and search for further education's scholarship. But despite those things, she was now unemployee as she already took her college student title off her. Everyday now feels like those days when she was still a child, she would wake up early to help her mother preparing breakfast and come outside her house to water the plants or sip a cup of milk in terrace.

She was already on her way to sit in front of her house and took a sip while a new novel she is currently reading on her left hand.

"Hami!" A call interrupted her, and she quickly lifted her head up to see the voice owner.


She smiled.


"Did you take the breakfast already?" Bogum asked first as he joined to sit right beside her.

Hami shook her head and continue to sip her milk, and continue responded him "Do you?"

"Nah you know I don't take breakfast." Bogum easily speaks, that follows with Hami looked sharply at him.

"What did you say?"

Glad that she had the book on her hand, which she then use it to hit Bogum several times. "How about I told you years ago about skipping breakfast, young man!"

"Yah it hurts, Hami!" Bogum whined. Now that is Hami. Bogum smiled secretly.

Now that is Hami. On the outside she is a polite girl and talk nicely to the people she barely knew. But once you set her as your bestfriend, she would always reminded you about how you should live your life healthily and how she would excitedly cheer you up or scold you up when you skipped a meal or something worse.

They now laughed it away after Bogum made another promise that he won't skip any breakfast anymore. While as they both peacefully sit and talk, Hami realized how they both are nowhere near awkward after Bogum's confession. It was like just any other morning that she spend it with her very bestfriend.

 

Away from her peaceful morning they both had, as Hami left her phone inside her rooms. It beeped several times indicating messages came in.


From: Hyunwoo

Good morning, Hami-ah! How are you this morning? Don't forget to take any breakfast!

 

 

 


 

 

Days passed slowly after graduations, but every morning she would do the same thing. Talking to Bogum, and everyday clearly feels like the past days. Hami swears she wouldn't get tired of this.

Next day she would visit Bogum's house for the first time after he went back from Berlin. When he was away, she quite often visit his house and greeted his father or delivering some meals for his father's dinner, until final year of her studies busy her up.

It feels like it has been ages since the last time she visits Bogum's house, "Whoaaa…" She always amazed at how his house is filled with so many trophies and awards,

"I swear everytime I went here, I always gasped at your achievement. Can't believe my little bestfriend is one of the best cellist out there"

Bogum rolled his eyes, "Yah, how many years we've known each other?"

"Still, I can’t even play a guitar yet you’re there producing some expensive music" Hami didn't surrender.

"Yah, put it off already," But Bogum chuckled anyway, "but next second you will complaining about how I forget things, anyway"

Hami smiled, she couldn't help but remember, back then when she and Bogum both were still in high schools. It was so often of Hami running her lungs out to catch Bogum to give him the lunch that he oftenly forgot to bring.


Today Hami and Bogum would watch movies that she already downloaded it from internet but didn’t manage to watch it yet. Bogum himself agreed since he spent all his college life in Berlin practicing and practicing, he didn't bother to join people to go to nearest cinema.


Hami smiled as she entered Bogum's room, finally it changed since the last time she went here. When she came to the room, all she saw was a clean empty room. But now the owner was here, and the atmosphere was drastically change since the last time she visits here.

"It was just like high schools, except the awards and trophy get themselves duplicates," Hami said, which Bogum followed nodding as he agreed to that. It was just like the old times.

 


The sun sets down already and a text came into Hami's phone from her mom that the dinner was already. She quickly replied, and since the second movie already finished, she got up.

Bogum looked up and also get up to company here going out the house, "Dinner already? Whoa it's already evening…"


Hami nodded, as they both walk outside.


"Listen Bogum," Hami called and Bogum already smiled, he knew the next thing she was going to say, " Don't you forget---"

"--Dinner." Bogum cut Hami first which it comes up with her pout,

"Am I annoying by telling my bestfriend for checking his health?"

Bogum quickly patted Hami's head softly, and said, "Of course not, Hami-ah. I just knew you well."

Hami smiled, and continue repeating herself, afraid that Bogum wouldn’t bother it, "But still don’t forget dinner and sleep early, arasso?"

Bogum nodded, obeying the girl.

They both talk again before she really went back into her house, and like a new habit, Bogum pulls her into a quick hug like it was the simplest thing to do in the world before they both say goodbyes. Little did he knew, it leave her a pink brush in her cheek.

"Bye, Hami, catch you tomorrow" Bogum bid the farewell, which Hami smiled waving her hand to him. Bogum already turned around and going back inside the house, and so did Hami. Not quite enough reaching her house since suddenly there's a voice calling her name.


"Hami."

 

And in a second everything came struck into her mind, so fast that she now remembered everything she had been forgotten because of movie marathon with Park Bo Gum.


She remembers how she consciously ignoring Hyunwoo's messages all day, and now that he's here calling her name, she feels like she wants to runaway.