Heute

Liebesträume

Mein erstes Fic! Hope you enjoy it, and sorry for the grammatical error and any flaws that this fic has.

 


 

Something always brings me back to you. It never takes too long.

 


“Promise?”

He left out a chuckled but the softness that his eyes radiate about calm her, like always. “Promise, Schatz.”

Hami felt something the opposite of what she should feel. The way he called her ‘Schatz’ made him sound distant. Made him feel like he wasn’t here anymore.

“Bogum, don’t forget to buy chocolates when you’re there, OK? Or what is it you called it... Schokold? Skolde?”

“Schokolade” He corrected with a smile. Bogum always smile, that’s the first impression that Hami had when she first met him. When was it again? It has been long time, she’s sure.

Now that they both already through highschool and that it’s now for them to carry on life into college, Hami once never thought that she will go to different campus than the campus that Bogum will go to. At their first time of friendship, she would never thought that they will be friend until now and if once at the past Hami had thought how much she’s sure that Bogum and her will stay side by side for a long time, then at that one time also she had never thought that Bogum will go so far away.

“I’m so proud of you, Bogum.” She murmured breaking the silence, which Bogum heared it clearly.

He ruffles her hair like it was his respond, “Hami-ah, you make me don’t want to leave.”

 

Hami could feel that she felt a slight selfishness inside, that at one second she wished she could begged him and replied him that he has not to leave. She wants to do that but everytime she thought that way, the figure of her bestfriend and his cello performance replace it all. Leaving her with letting him go was only the option.

Instead she could manage to show Bogum her smile, as she then handed him a package that had covered with simple present-paper-wrap, with a silver ribbon to decorate it. “Take this, and open it when you’re in Berlin already.”

Bogum looked straightly at Hami and showed his surprised face. Which Hami found it charming.

‘Ah,” Hami added, “And also don’t laugh at it, okay!”

 

---

 

“Hami-ah, Hami-ah, Hami-aaaaah”

The familiar voice broke her thoughts, not that she bothers to look towards the source. The owner of the voice know that also which he decides to tap her shoulder and round his arm around her.

“Yah!”

Hami gave Hyunwoo a protested and irritated look as she throws away his hand. Hyunwoo faked a pout, that both knew it worked so well.

“Stop that face.” Hami declared.

“You don’t have class?”

“You don’t have football?”

“Nope, couch is getting some kind of fever which is strange and spending time with you is one strong reason.” Hyunwoo smiled after answering, big enough, from ear to ear that Hami herself realise she still not put her eyes away from his smile.

“I have class.” She added awkwardly, throwing her sight away.

“Bad liar, you just got journal and projects left, lady.”

She sighed, why did i even bother to lie?

“So...” Hyunwoo hung the word in purpose, waiting Hami to respond it,

“So?”

“Ice cream time, please? Please? Please?”

Hami was successfully miss the puppy looks that Hyunwoo had shown on his face, “Nope.” She said it boldly.

“Come on, Hami. Let’s count how many days since the last days we have an ice cream—“

“Two days ago, Hyunwoo.”

Hyunwoo couldn’t help but letting out an awkward laugh. “Well.. two days is a long time!”

Hami didn’t answer but Hyunwoo already knew that he won, like usual. Both once again knew, that she couldn’t refuse his asks. Because Hyunwoo is Hyunwoo, and he is just being Hyunwoo for Hami. A person that always make her laugh and smile

 

 

Both of them didn’t study the same major. Hami at Architecture and Hyunwoo was studying Mechanical Engineering, and how they both met was somehow oblivious for her. But if Hami digs her own memory deeper, she could remember how Hyunwoo interrupted her daydreaming. She was then got her earphone attached and she was sure nobody would find her there. But Hyunwoo did and he asked what is wrong. Something she wouldn’t thought a stranger would see that easy that there is something wrong.

But there was. Or, maybe, there still is.

The college day since the first day she had was nothing but emptiness, not that she thought the lectures were all easy. They’re not and project studios were haunting her, and she felt that hanging out with friends is something necessary while there were still papers to draw and projects to finish. But honestly deep down she was grateful of the college tasks that could make her busier and stop her from sending postcards that nowadays she knew, the person will never reply her back.

 

Because, Berlin is quite far away, you dumb Hami...

 

But then Hyunwoo somehow always appeared everyday like an old friend that could tell Hami everything that happened on his day, that could tell any stories like a friend meet his old friend. She was never an introvert at the first place, and three and a half years was long enough for Hami and Hyunwoo to be this close.

 

 ---

 

The sweats were travelling his neck like it would never stops, he himself still could feel the short breath that he’s having still.

“Here.” Soohyun as Hyunwoo’s closest football teammate handed him a bottle of isotonic. Only a half, that the first one had been finished by Soohyun himself.

“Thanks.”

“I can’t believe this would be our last game as university student.”

Hyunwoo responded with a nod, “I still can’t believe we’re this old.”

“Speaking about this old,” Soohyun smirked, “She will watch it right?”

“I always can make her say yes, Soohyun.” Hyunwoo added proudly, a little cocky maybe.

“Then you wouldn’t be worry about asking that question, then.” Soohyun still didn’t put off his smirk. Knowing that the statement he just said will shut Hyunwoo up.

It’s true.

The sight of Hyunwoo’s eyes changed and Soohyun was sure he could detect nervousness crept up inside his teammate’s mind.

“I can’t believe you’re not asking her out after, what is it? Three years?”

“Shut up, Kim Soo Hyun.”

“Come on, Hyunwoo...”

Hyunwoo stood up, ignoring his teammate that eventually keep speaking.

“...Graduation is near.”

 

---

 

Four months later

 

It was so crowded. The cheering of every graduates were still audible in her ears. The banner of congratulation were everywhere that made the atmosphere even bigger. Frankly, it was making Hami smile all day, the graduation atmosphere. She was finally graduating, with her parents seeing her finishes her study. Maybe it was not much extraordinary, she was not the best graduate in her year though she could reach the Cumlaude title, yet she was proud to herself. And of course she was proud also to...

“Hami!”

She turned to the source of voice this time. And she smiled, that Hyunwoo could swear she keeps getting more beautiful everytime he saw her smile for him.

“Congratulation, Hami-ah.” Hyunwoo firstly spoke, which his smile was so wide showing his perfect teeth that Hami admitted, his smile is somehow looks, cute.

“Congratulation to you too, Engineer.”

“Congratulation again, my favorite architect.” Hyunwoo added with a wink that Hami only could rolled her eyes to hide the blush that suddenly crept up her cheeks.

“Here.” She handed him a flower that she had the thought of arrange since the last week. Hyunwoo replied with a smile, “Thank you,” he sincerely said it. It seems so simple the way the girl gave the flower to her loved one, but Hyunwoo couldn’t help the happiness of having his girl graduate together, the happiness of moments that they creates together

Hyunwoo scratched his own head out of nowhere, signing the nervousness that he felt. He never knew he’d still feel so nervous even though Hami already became his girlfriend. “I’m going to pick you up at 8, okay?”

Hami looked up to face Hyunwoo with a question look, but before she could air up a question, “A graduation celebration. Just us.” Hyunwoo spoke a bit faster, that somehow made Hami fluttered.

“Cant wait, Hyunwoo.” She responded, and of course, another smile shown up on her face.

 

“Yah, Hyunwoo! Come on let’s take a picture first!” a loud voice came up out of nowhere that as Hyunwoo realise who is the guy that called him, he swears if he’s not his bestfriend, Soohyun, he could blame the guy for successfully breaking the moment between him and Hami.

 

“Go, They all waited for you.”

 

Hyunwoo nodded in obey to her and go to his friends’ direction but with quickly gave Hami a light peck on her forehead. Leaving hami cluelessly on what her boyfriend just did, Hyunwoo only stares back at her with a smirk.

 

 

Hami was going to be back with her colleagues to have some another celebration at their usual coffee shop. The coffee shop that the architecture students and rest were usually spending the nights and hours while finishing their projects. But the steps that she was going to make were cutted with a single voice called her.

That she could swear she still remembers the pattern of voice like she had heard it everyday.

Which she actually didn’t.

“Hami-ah.”

She dared to look around, but she couldn’t

That is such an impossible thing to happen, Hami!

But she could heard a sound of steps that showed how the person walk into her direction. She had no any other option as well, that it was actually harder than you imagined, she turned aroun.

She turned around, just to find a face of the person that she had longed to meet for a long time.

She turned around, just to find a figure that she thought she had lost the ability of remember how the figure looked like.

She turned around, just to find a person that she had secretly saved every piece of article that she found of newspaper, or even on the internet.

She turned around, just to find Bogum with a flower in his hand. He stood so steady within a grey long coat and a white-pale turtle neck. His hair was darker than she could remember, and the bangs were gone. Replaced with a short hair style and sided combed hair on his right and neat combed hair on his left.

Bogum took a step to shorten the distance between him and Hami. And Hami was standing in a freeze like a statue.

 

“Happy graduation, Hami-ah.”

 

She was frozen that she even didn’t realize Bogum had pulled her into his embraced. The embrace was long, and the time when Hami already realised it, she found no strength in her to escape. The remaining strength was like only make her body shaking and shivered like she just saw a ghost.

And the next sentence that Bogum spoke so softly made her frozen even more, like the surprise he had gave to Hami hasn’t shocking enough.

 

“I’ve missed you so much.”

 

Bogum tighten the hug and his own arms on her.

 

 

---

 

Berlin, DW. A second year student of Universität der Künste Berlin has received a special invitation of joining the famous, ultimate, historical orchestra—Berliner-Philharmoniker. No further news about his possible participation on the next orchestra concert that will be held on Bremen. The 20 year old student, Park Bo Gum were known as his perfection performance and harmonic techniques of his cello performance. The cellist student was also known as..

 

 

She looked at the piece of newspaper cut that she had saved inside a tiny picture frame.

 

“You’re always that amazing, Bogum.”