Drunk and sober confessions

Pieces of Kim Hanbin

 

Stopping walking, she looked up to the tall building and let out a sigh. She was involuntarily brought here by her feet again. Usually, she quite disliked standing near the infamous YG headquarters but today she didn't mind. It might have been because of the small amount of alcohol that she drunk made her care less about everything, including the chilly wind, that was blowing her hair in various directions, or it was because she was hoping she would run into Hanbin. And she did. But then, not really...
 
The Hanbin she was looking at wasn't the one she wanted to meet. It was actually B.I. A giant one, displayed on the building together with the rest of his group, iKON. The sight made her feel proud, but also gave her an uncomfortably corny feeling at the same time. She remembered how she used to stand here with Hanbin. How they dreamed of having their picture on this building, being able to freely come in and out of the practice and recording spaces inside. She was partly jealous and partly glad that he had finally achieved those things.
 
"Oi!" her arm sprung up as her index finer pointed at B.I.'s face on the building. "Kim Hanbin!" her loud speech attracted the attention of the passersby but at that moment, she only focused on that one face she's been longing to see. 
"You happy? Now that you have everything, are you happy?" the volume of her voice decreased a bit, but she was still audible to her surroundings. "Released album, great group members, and that. That handsome face up here," her finger, that she was still holding up drew a circle around the picture of B.I. before she dropped her arm down. "What's the use of having a handsome face, when you forget about your friends. I haven't got a reply from you for almost a year."
 
"I told you we would voluntarily give up using our phones."
 
A familiar voice interrupted her little rant and made her turn to its source. Her eyes widened, when she realized that the man she's been indirectly talking to, was standing right next to her. At that very moment, she believed running away was the only way to save herself from this embarrassing situation. However, as soon as she turned her back to him and made the first step, her hood was caught by his hand, making her stop.
 
"I thought you wanted to talk to me?" the boy tugged her hood carefully, not wanting to hurt her, and eventually let go of the piece of her clothing, as she turned to him. For a moment they both silently stared at each other. His coy smile made her feel butterflies in her stomach and she felt the urge to hug him. Soon, she realized she wasn't the only one with that feeling as he grabbed her hand, tugging her in his embrace. "Long time no see."
 
 
She watched him, taking his jacket off before spreading it on the cold concrete steps for them to sit down. A part of her wanted this silence to last as long as possible, but she also missed hearing his voice a lot. That's why a content smile appeared on her lips, when he asked her the next question.
 
"How much did you drink to put on such a performance in front of the YG building?"
 
"I only had a can of beer," the girl sat next to Hanbin before giving him a small shrug.
 
"Well, that's quite a lot for someone as alcohol intolerant as you," he chuckled, not taking his eyes of her.
 
"For your information, I'm much better at drinking now that you're gone."
 
"Really? Did my absence turn you into an alcoholic?"
 
"No. I just started hanging out with other people. They have fun in their free time and don't pull over-nights in the training rooms as often as we did."
 
The playfulness in Hanbin's eyes disappeared and the tone of his voice turned to a serious one: "You weren't having fun?"
 
"I was. It was so much fun," she sighed with a sad smile, looking at him. Not wanting to appear unhappy in front of him, she decided to stop talking about the past. "So, how are you, world star? How many houses have you bought already?"
 
"I just debuted," the boy rolled his eyes, "As a trainee, you should know that I'm still struggling to feed myself."
 
His friend laughed and shook her head. "You'll make lots of money soon. You're the flawless Kim Hanbin after all."
 
"Stop. I thought I finally escaped from being called that by other trainees. You know I'm not flawless."

"Actually I don't!" she continued teasing him, "Name three things you can't do."
 
"I can't cook," he stated before pausing to think of some other examples, "And knit. And I can't confess my feelings for you."
 
Her body froze for a second and she couldn't look away from his eyes. Smiling softly, she finally looked down and took a deep breath: "That's not because of you, though. We just can't date." 
 
"Sometimes I wish we hadn't chosen this path."
 
"If our dream wasn't to be an idol, we wouldn't meet, Hanbin," she gathered the courage to look at him again and he, he couldn't do anything but nod in agreement.
 
"At least you're not banned from telling me that I'm handsome," Hanbin broke the bittersweet moment by teasing the girl, gaining a light punch on his arm from her.
 
"Shut up."
 
 
 

A.N.: So it's been almost a year since I last updated. I'm sorry, but that's just how I function... What surprised me was that this fanfic was still getting subscribers throughout the year, even though it wasn't being updated. So dear subscribers, just in case you're still reading ('cause I know most people dislike author's notes. I often skip them as well..), thank you. ! Thanks a lot. I'll surely update this fanfic again. I'm just not sure when. I'm sorry and belatedly: Have a nice 2016!