24th Dec

Pieces of Kim Hanbin

"Hanbin! You're here already," a woman in her late 30s smiled and opened the door wider, so the boy could come in.

"Merry Christmas," he said and handed her a gift bag. "There's nothing much.. Mom says we'll be coming over for dinner tomorrow."

"Oh, you didn't have to," the woman gave him another smile and placed the bag on a table before walking back into the kitchen. "You can go up. I haven't seen her since this morning, she's probably still asleep."

Hanbin let out a small chuckle and headed upstairs to the familiar door. Expecting the owner of the room to be asleep, he didn't bother to knock. However, after being opened slightly, the door hit something on the other side.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

The boy laughed a bit after hearing his girlfriend's voice.

"I'm Kim Hanbin. And I would like to take my girlfriend out for a date," he replied firmly, still keeping an amused smile on his face.

"Hanbin!" the girl quickly moved away from the door and opened it.

Hanbin's smile widened when he saw his girl standing in front of him with a slight pout. He pulled her into a hug before glancing around the room. Seeing boxes, ribbons, and ripped wrapping paper lying around, he raised his eyebrows.

"Baby? Why are you opening all the gifts?"

"I'm so screwed, Hanbin," she mumbled into his chest before looking up, "I forgot whom is which present for..."

The sound of his laughter rang through the air and she found herself staring dreamingly at her boyfriend.

"That's what you get for wrapping all the gifts way too early without putting nametags on them!" he laughed before releasing her from his embrace.

"Don't laugh. We're not going anywhere until I re-wrap them all."

"But-" Hanbin's eyes followed his girlfriend's movements as she closed the door with her eyebrows furrowed before sitting down on the floor.

"Fine," he let out a sigh and sat next to her. "Let's do it quickly."

"Could you please hand me that small box over there? That's for mom."

"She thinks you're still asleep," Hanbin chuckled while reaching out for the box. While handing it to his girlfriend, another box caught his eyes, as it was opened. A grin crept up on his face and he turned to his loved one.

"How did you know that my shoes are getting worn out?"

The latter looked up with an inaudible 'what', her eyes then widened and she reached over to the box, covering it quickly.

"I wanted it to be a surprise for you, since you started dancing again," she groaned, making him smile even wider.

"I'll act like I didn't see them. Wrap them up," he pushed the box closer to her before looking for the wrapping paper roll.

An hour had passed and Hanbin was wrapping the last present. Amused by the adorable sight of him, struggling with the ribbon, his girlfriend smiled to herself before giving him a tackle hug. Both of them ended up lying on the floor and Hanbin's arms automatically locked around her waist.

"Can we go now?" he looked at the girl lying on top of him.

"But, baby, it's cold outside~" she sang while shaking her head, making him chuckle.

"We've got to go away," he joined her in singing the song.

"But, baby it's cold outside," she continued to his adoration, before they both laughed.

"Let's just stay like this, I don't feel like moving," she laid her head down on his chest as they both continued humming the song together.