Final

Alone

Chaerin walked along the side of the bridge on a quiet evening. The sun was setting over the horizon and birds were flying back to their nests. Less and less people were on the street, considering that it was getting dark soon. Breathing in the nice autumn air, Chaerin felt peaceful and relaxed; feelings she hasn't felt for a very long time.

She placed her hand on the bridge rail and flinched at the cold touch. She then sighed and straddled over the barrier, standing on the ledge. It was at least a 50m drop to the vast river below, but Chaerin was nowhere near afraid. She was perfectly calm.

Upon taking a step nearer to the margin of the ledge, a gust of wind kissed her face, brushing her hair at the same time. She wondered how life would be for people who know her after she disappears, and she thought maybe most-no-all of them would be glad. To her, she figured dying was better than being alone in this world, so she decided to end her life herself. Taking another step, she was already on the brink of falling.

“Mom,” she mumbled. “I'm coming to see you.”

With that, she took another step and fell.

 


20th October 2002

Dear diary, I just turned 5 years old today but I am very sad. Mommy passed away in a car accident...

 

20th October 2003

Dear diary, I just turned 6th today and it's mommy's 1st death anniversary. I visited her grave with daddy, and I cried a lot. Something is weird about my eyes too, they are changing colors...

 

13th March 2004

Dear diary, my friends call me a monster because of my eyes. Even daddy is starting to be afraid of me. He brought me to a doctor but the doctor says there's nothing wrong with me.

 

17th June 2005

Dear diary, I have no friends. Krystal called me a monster and pushed me. I fell down. I came home crying, there is blood on my knees. Daddy did not bother about me.

 

18th February 2006

Dear diary, Daddy yelled at me to get away from him because he is scared of me. He threw the glass of water I gave him since he looked tired. The pieces of glass broke and cut my legs...I miss mommy.

 

24th March 2010

Dear diary, I just started middle school not too long ago. Many kids were surprised at my eyes. The first 2 months was tough to go through but then I met Jessica. She is very nice to me and we became friends. I trust her, and I'm glad to have her.

 

20th October 2012

Dear diary, I am 14 today. Jessica threw me a birthday party but it was a fake. She humiliated me in front of everyone in class by stuffing trash into my locker and bag pack. She wrote 'Birthday my you freak' on the board and scribbled vulgarities on my desk. She said she never thought of me as a friend, but a monster. I cried very hard, because I trusted Jessica a lot, but I never knew she would do something like this to me.

 

11th April 2013

Dear diary, I have been bullied and shoved around in school since my last year's birthday. Everyone glared and spat at me. Daddy came home drunk and hit me with a belt. I have bruises everywhere, some even bled. Daddy said he hated me, he was scared of me, my eyes.

I hate my eyes, I hated that it changed its damned colors for no bloody reason. I HATE IT SO MUCH! I hate that mommy is dead! I'm all alone. I hate being alone, I'm scared! I'm...scared...I don't know what to do...

 

24th May 2013

Dear diary, I'm alone. Dad didn't come home frequently. I keep getting bullied in school. A bunch of guys dumped filthy water on me. Girls tried to trip me and I fell. Jessica and her gang ripped my books into pieces. I'm all alone, it hurts and I'm scared. Nobody likes me because of my eyes. Some of the students say I am contaminated with disease but no matter how many times I visited the doctors, they said I'm absolutely fine. Tiffany from the next class said I'm cursed by a witch.

 

17th August 2014

Dear diary, everyone is sick of me. My dad, Jessica, all the students and even the teachers. Being bullied has became a normal thing to me. But I am still alone. This loneliness is killing me and I'm depressed. Jessica told me to die and just go to hell. Should I? Would that be best for everyone?

 

2nd September 2014

Dear diary, I cut my wrist today. I lost a lot of blood but I couldn't die. My neighbor saw me lifeless in the living room and rushed me to the hospital. My dad came to pick me up, but he didn't say a word to me. Sometimes, I wonder what is my purpose being alive. Every time I look at my own reflection, I am afraid myself. If I had normal eyes, would my life be normal too? Doctors keep insisting that nothing is wrong with me, Jessica curses me and says I'm a witch, dad doesn't want to know me or talk to me anymore, mom is dead. I'm alone with no friends. I want to be with mom. I miss her warmth. And I know she would still love me even though I have mismatched eyes. I want to die and see mom. Yeah, my birthday is coming soon. I will die on that day, the day that I appeared in this world, and the day I shall disappear too.

 

20th October 2014

Dear diary, it's 5.33pm. Today is the day. I want to be free. I don't want to be alone anymore. I want to see mom again.


Chaerin thought she would die for real. But then she heard a shout, and the next moment, firm and sturdy arms grabbed ahold of her, hoisting her up.

"No!" Chaerin screamed, struggling from the stranger's grasp.

"Stop squirming!" The stranger hissed. Chaerin looked up, finding herself a guy with brownish-blonde hair pulling her up. It was obvious that the guy was taken aback when he saw her eyes. But his grip on her never faltered and he sucessfully heaved her back onto the bridge.

"Are you insane?!" The stranger shouted. She was baffled for a while. The stranger looked like a little kid but his voice was deep and mesmerizing.

“Why did you save me?” she croaked and tears began to well up at the corner of her eyes. “Why would you save a monster like me who is trying to die in peace?!”

The stranger was baffled.

“Do you know how much I wanted to die?!” She yelled. “Everyone wants me dead!”

“Not everyone,” the boy interrupted. His voice seemed to bring assurance to Chaerin. “I don't want you dead.”

For a minute, Chaerin was stunned. A random stranger didn't want her dead? Truthfully, almost everyone wanted to get away from her when they saw her eyes, but this particular boy had a different perspective...

“Why should I even live when I'm all alone and everyone calls me a freak?” She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. “Why?!”

“Does suiciding help? What about your parents? Do you think they want you dead?!”

“MY MOM IS DEAD! AND MY DAD HATES ME!” Chaerin screamed and bawled in tears. In a swift moment, she got up to her feet and straddled cross the barrier, attempting to jump again. But before she could fully leap over the barrier, the boy grabbed her by the shoulders and swung her back to him, face to face.

“But I don't hate you!” He gazed into her eyes. “You're not a monster or a freak! You are just unique in your own way that others can't accept but I CAN! So stop trying to kill yourself.”

For once, Chaerin has never felt so surprised. The stranger had left a strong impression on her, but it was neither good or bad, just relaxing in someway.

“You...don't hate a freak like me?” She doubted. The boy simply shook his head.

“I don't, and you're not a freak. You're beautiful. Why would I hate you?” He gingerly wiped a tear on her cheeks. “Come on, I'll bring you home.”

Obediently, Chaerin followed. But of course she had to point out directions for the stranger to bring her home. Upon reaching the entrance, the boy looked at her.

“Don't do anything stupid, you're not alone. I'm here with you.” He then slowly turned to make his leave.

“W-wait,” Chaerin called out abruptly. “What is your name?”

The boy looked over his shoulders and gave a small smile. “Taehyung. Kim Taehyung. You?”

Flustered, Chaerin stumbled on her words. “C-chaerin. Han Chaerin.”

Taehyung waved and started to walk away. “See you around, Chaerin.

For some reason, Chaerin had the urge and hope to live on. Maybe she isn't really alone after all.


 

20th October 2014

Dear diary, it's 8:13pm to be exact. I'm still alive. A guy saved me. His name is Kim Taehyung. I don't really know him, but he says that he's with me and I'm not alone. His words gave me assurance, should I trust him? I don't want to be hurt like how Jessica has hurt me...


 

The next morning, Chaerin was in for a big surprise when she exited her house. There, in front of her gate, stood Taehyung with a bag pack slung on his shoulders and his back leaning against the pillar. His uniform stated clearly that he wasn't from Chaerin's school, and it disappointed her a little bit. His bangs were still covering his eyes, like how she saw him yesterday.

“Oh, hey,” he gave a small smile.

“What are you doing here?” Chaerin asked, taken aback.

“Just checking on you. Skipping school today?” He questioned when he noticed Chaerin donned in a plain t-shirt and sweatpants.

“Y-yeah,” she nodded. Why is he so concerned about her? No one has even bothered to notice and pay attention to Chaerin for her 17 years of life, and now there's Taehyung.

“It's not good to skip school, you won't learn anything,” Taehyung waggled his finger and gave a slight pout. It amused Chaerin for a bit.

“Why should I even go when I have a tough time there?” She sighed and looked down to the ground.

“You have a tough time there because you're being negative. Try gaining some confidence and look upwards. Smile as well, then everyone will see you differently. Go get changed, I'll wait for you here.”

For once, she relented. “Alright.”

 

About 15 minutes passed and Chaerin came out of the house. He was surprised when he saw her uniform.

“You go to SM high school?” He asked.

Chaerin briefly nodded. “I see you go to Bighit high school.”

Taehyung gave a brief nod. “My school is further away than yours, I suppose that I can walk you there since it's on the way.”

“You don't take a bus or something?” She asked.

Taehyung shook his head. “Nah, walking is better. Come on, we're both gonna be late.” He took her hand in his and dragged her along.

 

 

 

“Remember, look up, straighten your back and put on a smile. You'll be alright,” Taeyung reminded Chaerin as they were almost reaching SM high school. “I gotta make a right at this junction, so I'll walk you till here. Wait for me after school okay?”

“W-what?” Chaerin sputtered. “After school as well?”

“Yeap,” he hummed. “You better wait for me or I'll haunt you in your dreams, understood?” Taehyung closed his eyes and slightly flared his nostrils.

Chaerin felt the corner of her lips curving into a smile. “Alright.”

He patted her head and walked off. “See you after school.”

Listening to Taehyung, Chaerin lifted up her head and straightened her back, walking into SM high school with more confidence as usual.

But still, students that walked past her still gave her glares and curses. But she endurde it somehow and made it to class safely. Jessica was sitting on teacher's desk with disgusted look on her face when she saw Chaerin walking to her seat with-wait-is that a smile I see?

She hopped off the table and walked her way towards Chaerin, and her bunch of minions followed behind her.

“Yah,” Jessica smacked a hand on Chaerin's desk. “What are you smiling about you freak?”

 

Remember, look up, straighten your back and put on a smile. You'll be alright.”

Taehyung's words floated into her ears again and she followed. Looking up at Jessica with a small smile, she answered. “It's nothing.”

In a flash, Chaerin felt a sudden impact on her cheek. It stung at first, then it hurt a lot more, it was stinging-Jessica slapped her.

“Ugh,” Jessica rubbed her hand on her uniform. “I can't believe I just touched you. Eyes like yours scare me already, but managing to smile when you're a freak? God, you're disgusting.”

Tears streamed down of Chaerin's eyes, because of the pain both physically and emotionally.

“Give her a break, Jess,” one of her minions, Taeyeon to be exact, said. “Don't dirty your hands.”

“Guess you're right, let's go girls.” Jessica said and walked away from crying Chaerin with a bunch of the girls. The rest of the students only looked at Chaerin with eyes of pity, and no one bothered about her.

 

 

“What happened to your face, Chaerin-ah?” Taehyung slightly touched her reddish right cheek.

Chaerin swatted his hand away and looked away. “I got slapped.”

“Who slapped you?” He asked, trying to examine closer.

“Why do you care? I did as you told, and I get a slap in return. I'm a freak, just admit it and leave me alone,” she looked at him with eyes of remorse.

“Never gonna happen, once I say I'm with you, I will always be,” Taehyung shook his head and took her hand in his again, just like this morning. “Come to my house, I'll get you an ice pack.”

Before Chaerin could even protest, Taehyung was already dragging her along with a tight grip on her hand. She looked at their locked hands and felt a sudden rush of heat surging up to her face. Taehyung was sincere, and Chaerin thought that she could trust him, at least a little bit.

 

 

 

Taehyung's house was just a few streets away from Chaerin's. Apparently, they were living in the same neighborhood. When Taehyung tried to bring her into his house, she stopped him abruptly.

“Stop,” she yanked her hand away from him. “I can't go into your house. What if your family sees me? They'll freak out!”

Taehyung unlocked the door with a key. “I don't live with me family. I live with my housemates. They won't freak out alright? They're nice people. Trust me.”

Chaerin still doubted. She didn't want to freak them all out. But seeing Taehyung's gaze miserably searching for hers, she gave in. “Okay, but if they do, I'm leaving.”

Taehyung gave a short snort and entered his house, callling, “Guys, I'm home. I brought a visitor.”

There was a moment of silence, then footsteps could be heard, coming from everywhere-stairs, kitchen, bathroom...

“Taehyung~” A baby faced boy called as he came to the door to welcome Taehyung and whoever he was bringing. But then, a sudden shocked look was etched on his face when he saw Chaerin, but it disappeared in mere seconds.

“Hi,” he smiled and reached out for a handshake. “My name is Park Jimin. You are?”

Chaerin has never felt so at home before. Usually people who meet her for the first time would be startled and eventually stay a distance from her, making her feel like an outcast. But this Jimin boy was really warm towards her, and even asked for a handshake. Shyly, Chaerin replied to Jimin's handshake.

“I'm Han Chaerin.”

Before the conversation could continue any further, a loud voice called upon appearing. “Who did you bring, V hyung?” Then again, it was another boy, looking slightly younger from the rest. His expression was the same is Jimin when he first saw Chaerin-startled- but disappeared soon enough.

“This is Han Chaerin,” Taehyung grinned.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” the new boy bowed and smiled enthusiastically. “My name is Jeon Jungkook~”

“V hyung?” Chaerin looked at Taehyung questionly.

Taehyung nodded. “Yeah, they call me V sometimes.”

“Jin hyunggggg!” Jungkook turned over his shoulders and called. “We got a visitor, make food!”

“Ah, that's not necessc-” Chaerin was cut off before she could even decline.

“No, no, no, come in and have some snacks. Jin hyung makes the best food in town,” Jimin laughed. “Tae, bring her in before she catches a cold, the autumn breeze could kill you both.”

“Visitor?” Jin hollered back from the kitchen. “Then come give me a hand you rascals.”

“Yes mom~” Jimin and Jungkook chorused, rushing to the kitchen.

Taehyung brought Chaerin into the living room and she sat comfortably on the couch, admiring the interior design. It was simple yet heartwarming at the same time. Taehyung the TV and handed the remote to Chaerin. “I'll be right back, change the channel if you want to. Just make yourself at home.”

“O-okay, thank you,” she said. Taehyung was right, his housemates were really nice people. Not to mention that they're cheerful and bubbly too. She loved these moments, where at least she doesn't feel isolated anymore.

“Here,” Taehyung returned and gave her an ice pack. Gingerly, she reached out for it and thanked him.

“Only four of you live here?” Chaerin asked while putting the ice pack on her cheek.

“Yeap, me, Jin hyung, Jiminie and Jungkookie,” Taehyung nodded and smile. Just then, a delicious smell wafted through Chaerin's nose. Jin and the other two came out of the kitchen with fruit punch and brownies in their hands.

Again, Jin flinched as he saw Chaerin, but it only lasted for 2 seconds. He carefully placed the freshly made brownies on the coffee table while Jimin and Jungkook served the fruit punch in glasses.

“Hello there,” Jin smiled and rubbed his palms on his apron (for those who are wondering, it's light pink with white stripes xD) before extending it for a handshake. “My name is Kim Seokjin, but you can just call me Jin.”

“I'm Han Chaerin,” she finally found the urge to smile because of everyone's kindness and sincerity. Taehyung caught her smiling, and he felt like she was the most beautiful thing in the world. “Thank you so much for the warm welcome.”

“Sure thing,” Jin flashed a grin and sat down on the floor. Jimin and Jungkook were munching away on the brownies, so was Taehyung.

“Yah, you pabos! Serve the guest first before you guys start horking it down,” Jin admonished. The trio halted immediately and served Chaerin some.

“Sorry hyung, the smell is just too much for us to handle,” Jungkook grinned mischievously.

Chaerin took a bite, and her whole body instantly warmed up in assurance. It was a feeling she has longed for since her eyes changed colors. And she knew well that these guys could be trusted, despite them looking chic and cool on the outside.

“So, which school do you go to?” Jimin asked.

“Ah, me? SM high,” she sipped the fruit punch offered. “What about you guys?”

“I go to Bighit college, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook are in Bighit high school,” Jin answered and ate a brownie.

“Are you guys childhood friends?”

Jungkook nodded. “Yeap, we've know each other since elementary school. But since Jin hyung is older so he started college first. We'll be in the same college as him soon.”

“So you guys are majoring in arts? Since it's an art school,” Chaerin wondered.

“No, we're majoring more in music. Bighit is both arts and music,” Taehyung volunteered to reply.

“Say, what happened to your face?” Jungkook piped up and earned a glare from Taehyung. Chaerin smiled softly at Taehyung and nodded, “It's okay, I don't mind him asking.”

Meanwhile, Jin and Jimin looked at her in confusion.

“Well, actually,” she cleared . “I got slapped.”

“You what?” Jin's eyes looked like as if it was going to pop out in disbelief. “Why would someone do such thing to you? Did you report it to the teachers?”

Chaerin shook her head slightly. “It doesn't matter. Everyone thinks that I'm a freak.”

“What?” Jungkook furrowed his brows incredulously. “Freak? Is it because of your eyes?”

Taehyung kicked him in the for being such a busybody, which the latter scowled in displeasure. Chaerin found the situation amusing, even though she was being questioned about her eyes, which was a pretty sensitive topic.

“Believe it or not, yes,” Chaerin nodded and finished the last sip of her fruit punch. “Everyone curses me because of my eyes.”

“I don't understand though,” Jimin combed his hair with a hand and frowned. “How could you be a freak to them when you're so pretty? I mean, those set of eyes you got is the most unique and beautiful thing I have ever came across.”

Chaerin was baffled at Jimin's comment. Her eyes? Beautiful? Wow, someone make a unicorn appear and let it fart glitter and poop candy all over her please. She was never called beautiful for her entire life. But now she is, she was happier than any princess on Earth.

“Yeah, I agree,” Taehyung and Jin nodded. “It's really beautiful.”

“Me too,” Jungkook smiled enthusiastically. “Although I was startled at first, but then it looked so precious and radiant at the same time.” Chaerin laughed. It was also her first time laughing after so many years of torture. She was always gloomy and sad, always. But today, she finally laughed, for the first time ever.

Time passed like a breeze in the midst of them chatting and laughing. It was getting late and Chaerin knew she had to go, even though it was killing her inside to leave such a heartwarming place.

“I have to go,” Chaerin stood up. “Thank you guys so much for the food and time.”

“Aww...”Jungkook whined. “But we were having so much fun.”

Chaerin let out a soft chuckle at Jungkook's childishness and Jimin voice out. “What about you come over tomorrow as well? Jin hyung can make us all dinner!”

Jin scowled. “You guys are always telling me to make food.”

Chaerin shook her head and said, “It's okay. I don't want to bother you guys.”

“No no no,” Jin shook his hands desperately. “That's not what I meant. It's just that these rascals are always asking food from me. I definitely want you to come over again. Would you?”

Taehyung stood beside Chaerin and gave a slight nudge, motioning for her to accept the invitation. Chaerin looked at them with sincere eyes, really wanting her to come over again, so she nodded. “Alright.”

The four of them burst into whoops and cheers. “Okayyy then, see you tomorrow.”

“I'll walk you home,” Taehyung said.

“It's okay, I can manage,” Chaerin declined.

Again, Taehyung waggled his fingers and took her by the hand. “As if I'm letting you walk alone in the dark. You could be abducted by vampires you know?”

Chaerin let out a giggle at Taehyung's sense of humor. “Okay, fine.”

 

 

 

 

 

During the walk home, Taehyung decided to ask her questions so he could know more about her. He was hesitant to ask her about her eyes, but then he figured it might be okay.

“So, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your eyes?”

Chaerin came to a halt and Taehyung's eyes widen in shock. Maybe it was a sensitive topic that she didn't want to share?

“It's okay if you don't want to talk about it, sorry for pryi-”

“It changed colors when I was 5, after my mom died in a car accident,” Chaerin answered before Taehyung could finish.

“I visited the doctors. But no matter how many times I went for a checkup, they always said there's nothing wrong with me. They said I was the first human being to ever encounter something like this but it is harmless. They checked thoroughly and confirmed that I was healthy with no signs of sickness anywhere. But...” she sighed.

“But?” Taehyung carefully asked.

“I've always been alone since my eyes changed. People around me think I'm a freak, or even contaminated with disease. I get bullied in school everyday and I'm always alone,” her voice started to tremble and a tear escaped her eye. “Truthfully, I hate my eyes. I wanted to die that day because of it. Because I didn't want to be lonely anymore. And because I missed my mom who died.”

Taehyung's face was covered in pain. He could directly feel it. He knew it was the worst thing in life being alone. Even her dad hates her, how worse could it be? Constantly being treated like an outcast and bullied, betrayed by friends she trusted in...

“I just-” she broke into a sob. “Want to have someone I can be with. It hurts so much being alone.”

Taehyung placed a hand on her cheek and wiped her tears. “You were alone. But now you're not. I'm here with you, so is Jin hyung, Jimin and Jungkook.”

Chaerin looked into his eyes that shone with sincerity. It was beautiful. So beautiful that it touched her heart and made her cry loudly. She always wanted someone to hear her out, to let her let out her anguish, and finally, she found Taehyung.

He embraced her in a tight hug, and Chaerin felt safe crying in his arms. At least she knew she wasn't alone anymore.

 

 


Days passed. And Chaerin visited Taehyung's house every night without fail. With Jin, Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook around to surround her with positive thoughts, she herself started to gain confidence. Taehyung walked her to and back from school every time. She no longer bear the glum and remorse face anymore. Instead, she tried to smile more. Many students noticed the difference in her; some were surprised, some were neutral about it, and some hated her even more, especially Jessica.

“Yah. Freak.”

Chaerin heard a call that obviously meant for her attention. It was the same obnoxious voice coming from the girl whom she trusted most before-Jessica. Sighing, she had to brace herself for anything thing's that's going to happen. Just when will she ever be free from Jessica? Debating for a dew moments, she decided to ignore her. As fast as she could, she shut her locker and hurriedly made way to class. But that didn't stop Jessica and her minions from blocking her.

“You deaf or something you idiot? I'm calling you,” Jessica deliberately shoved Chaerin right at her locker, resulting a loud thud. She winced at the sudden impact on her back.

“Look Jessica-” Chaerin started but was cut off by the latter, gripping her shoulders, digging into her skin.

“Are you gonna tell me what's going on? You're not supposed to smile,” she hissed fiercely into Chaerin's ears. “So it seems after leaving you alone for a week made you think you're free? If that's the case, I might have to start torturing you then.”

“I don't get it,” Chaerin whispered silently, enough to be heard. “Why are you doing this to me? Why can't I smile? Why can't I be happy?”

Jessica scoffed, “Because you're a FREAK! Just look at yourself in the mirror and tell me what you see? You're nothing but a monster with alien eyes. I'm warning you, I'm gonna wipe that smile off your face if you do that again.”

With that, she and her gang stomped off, but Taeyeon just had to smack Chaerin's head against the locker when she made her leave. Despite the pain, Chaerin rubbed her head an thought of Taehyung's encouraging words.

“Torture me all you want Jessica, but I'm never gonna loose my smile,” she mumbled.

 


Another few days passed. And Jessica could still see that smile on Chaerin's face. She was smiling at everyone who looked at her, even at teachers.

“What is wrong with that freak?!” Jessica slammed fists on the desk and ripped the papers found on the side. “WHY THE HELL IS SHE SMILING?! I REMEBERED WARNING HER!” Jessica screamed and pulled her hair.

“I heard rumors saying that she's seeing someone,” Taeyeon said.

“WHAT?!” Jessica shouted in disbelief. “WHO?!”

“I don't know,” Taeyeon shrugged. “But I heard that it's a guy.”

“GUY?!” Jessica gave her minions a death glare. “You guys better find out who. I'm going to murder that freak. She doesn't deserve anyone's attention with eyes like hers! That !”

 

 

 

As Taehyung walked Chaerin back to her house after, his cellphone vibrated in his pocket. He fished it out, only to find a message. His eyes widened in shock when he saw the familiar numbers.

 

'Hey Tae, I know I'm wrong for dumping you. I've been missing you lately. I miss those days when we were together. Can we get back together again?'

 

Taehyung scoffed in disgust.

“What's wrong?” Chaerin tilted her head to a side and looked at him.

He shook his head and deleted the message. “Nah, just some stupid messages from anonymous.”

Chaerin hesitantly nodded. “I'll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah, goodnight,” he ruffled her hair and smiled. Chaerin gave a short wave and disappeared into her house.

Apparently, the message was actually from his ex-girlfriend.

A useless girl he fell in love with and got his heart torn apart. Apparently, she dumped him for another guy. How pathetic. It was also because of her, he tried to commit suicide. He couldn't handle the pain and he wanted to jump off the bridge in his neighborhood. But it was also because of her, he found Chaerin. And he realized it was stupid to die because of a torn relationship when Chaerin was dealing with the world that is a million times worse than his tiny problem. And after meeting her, he had promise and swore to the ends of the Earth that he would protect her and make her happy.

He remembered his ex having a hell of a time with his new boyfriend. And now she's crawling back to Taehyung? Oh, for crying out loud. There's no way it was going to happen. Taehyung was already sick of her.

 


“Why did you drag me here for? It's hot,” Jessica fanned herself and leaned on the wall with her back. Taeyeon had dragged her up to the rooftop.

“Jess, you're not going to believe this,” Taeyeon folded arms across her chest.

“What?”

“You told me to find out why Chaerin's smiling and all happy and whatever right?”

“Yeah, go on,” Jessica huffed impatiently.

“Well, she's really seeing a guy. He's walking her to and back from school apparently...”

“Are you serious?” Jessica narrowed her eyes and looked at Taeyeon with a twisted face.

“Yeah but the interesting part gets here...” Taeyeon paused. “You remember telling me you texted your ex a few days ago, wanting to get back together?”

“Yeah, I did,” Jessica acknowledged. “What's that gotta do with Chaer-wait are you kidding me?” She gasped when realization dawned on her.

Taeyeon nodded slightly. “Yeah, Taehyung's the guy I'm talking about.”

In an instant, Jessica balled her hands into tight fists and gritted her teeth in wrath. “HOW DARE THAT FREAK!? Taeyeon, make sure Chaerin pays for this. I don't care what you do to her, torture her, KILL HER IF YOU HAVE TO!”

 


 

Taehyung was running late today. His teacher had to make the whole class stay for some crappy assignments. He rushed to SM High, hoping Chaerin was still there waiting for him. But then, to his utmost terror, he found Chaerin lying in pain on the ground just a few feet away from the school's entrance. He had his heart in his throat and adrenaline pumped through him.

“Chaerin!” he yelled and ran her her, holding her in his arms.

“I-I'm fine,” she croaked as she struggled to get up. “I'm alright.”

“No, don't move,” Taehyung instructed and piggy-backed her. He wasn't sure what happened to her or where she was injured so he figured carrying her back to his house would be the best choice.

“Taehyung is baccckkkk-what the hell happened?” Jimin looked at the two of them in horror, especially at Chaerin who on Taehyung's back in pain.

“Get a first aid,” Taehyung said and placed her on the sofa. She was clutching her shoulder.

“Let me have a look,” Taehyung said and slightly lifted up the collar of her uniform. He gasped when he saw a bruise.

“What's wrong?” Jin and Jungkook both came down from the stairs and gasped at the current situation. “What in the world?”

“First aid kit!” Jimin handed it to Taehyung immediately.

“Who did this to you?” Taehyung asked Chaerin but she just shook her head.

“I'm fine, just get me some oil to rub on it,” she said as the pain started to subside slowly.

“Stop avoiding the question, who did this to you?” Taehyung asked sternly.

“Look, it doesn't matter,” Chaerin sighed in defeat. “It will heal so just leave it be okay?”

“I think she needs to go for a checkup,” Jungkook suggested. “What if she fractured it. Just look at that bruise!”

“I'm okay, Jungkook. It's just a bruise,” Chaerin denied.

“But you were in so much pain just now!” Jimin protested with a worried face.

“I SAID ITS FINE!” Chaerin yelled suddenly and it frightened the four boys. “I'm sorry, it's fine, really.”

Jin sighed and handed her an ointment. “Go ahead and use the bathroom, we'll give you some privacy.”

“Thanks,” she said and walked into the bathroom. She sighed when she ed her shirt and looked at herself in the mirror. The bruise wasn't a joke. Taeyeon pushed her hard enough to make a bruise like this form. If she hadn't turn to fall on her shoulder, her face would be the one bruised instead.

 

 

“It's nothing to worry about, guys,” she said after coming out of the bathroom. “I tripped really hard and fell. I was lucky to hit my shoulders, because it would've been my face instead. Sorry for yelling though.”

“It's okay,” Jin said. “You feeling better now?”

Chaerin nodded. “Yeah, thanks. I better get going today, I need some rest.”

“Yeah sure, I'll bring you home,” Taehyung said.

 

When Chaerin went into her house and the lights were on, Taehyung made his way back. Just then, he saw a familiar silhouette standing under a street lamp. To his surprise, it was Jessica.

“What do you want?” He sighed impatiently. “We're not gonna be together ever again. Stop bothering me and go have fun with that new boyfriend of yours.”

“Oh,we broke up,” she smiled smugly. “Hurts doesn't it?”

“What?” Taehyung frowned in confusion, not fully understanding her.

“Chaerin,” she grinned. “Must have hurt so much to see her in pain like that.”

Taehyung was baffled. So Jessica was the one behind this. “You did it to her?”

“Not really,” she shrugged. “But I have my minions who are willing to dirty their hands for me though.”

“You sick woman,” Taehyung spat, wanting to hit her.

“Oh ho, hit me all you want. You'll end up in prison if I report you,” Jessica dared him. Taehyung gripped his hands and clenched his jaw. “What do you want from me?”

“Simple. Us getting back together,” she folded her arms across her chest.

“What if I don't want to?”

“Then see Chaerin suffer everyday because of you,” she simply answered.

“I'm gonna report this to the police.”

“Tch,” she scoffed. “Would they believe you? You don't have proof or evidence that I did it anyway. I'm giving you tonight to decide. If I still see you hanging around with her tomorrow, wish her luck that she won't be tortured.”

 

 

 

Chaerin was all dressed up and ready for school. Even though her shoulder still hurt but reminding herself that Taehyung would be right outside her entrance made her feel happy and better. She trotted down the stairs lightheartedly and expected to see Taehyung waving at her. But to her surprise, Taehyung wasn't there. She thought it was odd, maybe he had something urgent. But it wasn't like him to not leave a message. Anyhow, she walked to school alone.

Upon reaching the entrance of SM High, she saw Taehyung right at the gate. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Jessica right beside him, their arms locked together. They looked like they were dating, but she needed to confirm it herself.

“Taehyung-ah,” Chaerin ran and called him, but he did not respond.

“The hell do you want, you freak?” Jessica scowled at her but the latter ignored.

“Taehyung,” she called again. This time, Taehyung looked at her with cold eyes. “Get lost you freak.”

“W-what's wrong? Why are you like this?” Chaerin's voice trembled. Was he Jessica's accomplice too? Was he playing with her trust too?

“It was all a joke treating you like a family,” Taehyung smirked. “It was my idea though. You think Jin, Jimin and Jungkook really liked you? They were just faking up an act to make you feel wanted. The truth is, we never liked you. Jessica was right, you looked like a freak. And making you smile was worse. So don't expect to come over anymore. Get lost.”

Chaerin's world crumbled and shattered. She felt betrayed. She felt unwanted. She felt hated. All these emotions came rushing into her all over again. She was hurt. Just when she took a liking to Taehyung and trusted him the most, he betrayed her, just like how Jessica did.

They were both the same. Chaerin was wrong, thinking that she really saw the sincerity in his eyes. Now, she hated him. More than ever. There was no hope in living anymore. She ran, back to her house and cried her eyes out for the day.

 

 

 

 

She locked herself in for a few days now, not eating, not drinking, not even sleeping. She leaned on her bed, looking at the ceiling with a deadpan expression. She wasn't sure what to do anymore. Taehyung's betrayal hurt her to the core, more than being bullied or being spat by Jessica. Taehyung didn't come back anymore. He didn't leave messages anymore. It was like they didn't know each other anymore. Getting up to her feet with the last amount of her strength, she headed back to the bridge.

 

 

 

 

Straddling over the barrier once again, she reminisced how it was like to fall. But this time, she was absolutely positive that she could go in peace. Without anyone to hold her back anymore.

“Don't!” Hands embraced her from behind tightly and she immediately knew that it was Taehyung. “I'm sorry.”

“GET OFF ME!” She screamed and struggled to break free. “I HATE YOU SO MUCH! LEAVE ME ALONE!”

“Please, just listen to me Chaerin, I can explain,” he said and hugged her tighter. “Just please, let me explain.”

“I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! JUST LET ME DIE ALONE!”

“I LOVE YOU!” Taehyung yelled. Chaerin was stunned for a moment and tears poured from her eyes.

“You liar...why did you do this to me if you say if you love me?” She sobbed.

“I had to, there wasn't a choice. I've been dying to see you everyday. I missed you. The reason I left you is because I didn't want you to get hurt...I know that Jessica is behind everything. She threatened to hurt you worse if I still hung around you. I didn't want to see you get hurt, so I played along with her for a while. But I can't stand it. It hurts so much to leave you alone,” he said everything in one go.

“Then? What about now?” She cried.

“I've already settled things. You'll be transferring to Bighit High tomorrow, like it or not, I'm taking you away from Jessica. I'll be there for you always, you won't be alone in school anymore,” he said.

“You what?” Chaerin sniffled and turned to look at him.

Taehyung nodded and smile and wiped her tears. “From tomorrow onwards, we will all walk to school and study in the same classrooms. You, me, Jungkook and Jimin. And in a few years, we'll be with Jin hyung too.”

“You mean it?”

“Yes, I swear. You will never be alone ever again.”

 

 

 

True to his words, Chaerin was really transferred into Bighit High. Even though there were still students there avoiding her, there was Jin, Jimin, Jungkook, and Taehyung to be there for her. Never once did Taehyung leave her out of sight.

Just like this, a year has passed. It was nearing October 20th again-her birthday.

The four of them threw her a birthday party. Although it wasn't fancy like going to a restaurant, she was content. Jin made lots of amazing dishes and they had a good time together. It was getting late, and Taehyung walked her back to her house like the usual routine.

“See you tomorrow,” Taehyung beamed.

Chaerin laughed at his cuteness and smiled. “Okay, goodnight.”

She walked back into the house and into her room. As she wanted to change into tshirt and pants to sleep, she felt something in her jeans pocket. Reaching in it, she fished out a paper folded neatly and wondered how it got there. Flipping it open, she found herself a letter:

Chaerin-ah, Happy Birthday! Okay, first of all, I'm not good at this and sorry if I'm blunt. Keke. Remember last year? The day I ahem...proclaimed that I love you? It didn't feel official so I thought it would be a great gift to make it official this year on your birthday. So, like it or not, I, Kim Taehyung am officially your boyfriend and you, Han Chaerin, is officially my girlfriend from today onwards. We will graduate together. And when we start working, I will start to earn money quickly for our wedding. Oh, I left that out by accident. I am gonna marry you and make you happy forever. You will never ever be alone with me around you. And one last thing before I end my letter, pack your things now. You will be moving in with us starting from tomorrow. I love you, Han Chaerin. You're the most beautiful person in my life.

From, your boyfriend, Taehyung.

 

Chaerin spilled into tears after reading it letter. She has never felt so happy and complete in her life. Rushing down the stairs and out from her house, she hoped Taehyung hasn't left. And surprisingly, he didn't. He was leaning on the pillar of her entrance, just like how he did when he walked her to school for the first time.

“That took you long enough to read the letter, I am freezing cold outside here-” Chaerin crashed into him for a hug.

“I love you too, Taehyung!” She sobbed.

Taehyung chuckled. “Aww stop crying, you should be happy alright?”

“I am,” she smilled with tears streaming down her face. “I've never felt so happy in my entire life.”

Taehyung wiped her tears and cupped her cheek, zeroing on her lips. “I supposed your boyfriend can give you a peck on the lips?”

Chaerin giggled and smiled, leaning forwards to his lips. “Well, just a little peck sounds good.”

And their 'little peck' never happened. The kiss that followed was NOT EVEN CLOSE to a peck.

 

 


20th October 2015

Dear diary, I'm not alone anymore. I've found Taehyung.

 

 

 

 

 



Authormin: Ohgod...finally I'm done. IT'S TAEHYUNG'S BIRTHDAY TODAYYY! HE RELEASED A COVER! LISTEN TO IT OMFG I CANNOT. HIS VOICE IS PERFECTION!!!!! Anyways, Happy (early) New Year to all. Let's support BTS ARMYS!!! They are really talented! >< Don't misunderstand, I don't hate Krystal and Jessica and SNSD. I like them a lot actually. Don't take it to heart that I made Jessica so mean in this fic. Lmao. Hope you guys like this story. DO drop comments, I don't bite. Love you guys <3 xoxo 

P.S. I'm actually sick but all thanks to Taehyung's cover, imma listen it till I get well. xD

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG!

He's so cute I cannot!!!!! ><