♡ chapter two。

❝ 미스틱❣ɱɣȿtıɋųɛ ❞ | SM&YG; collaboration | story start
 
 get up!
   chapter two...
TnmV6KC.gif

A couple months had passed, and the girls now lived together in a three bedroom apartment. The first week was absolute chaos-- the rooming arrangement changed at least three times because of little unnecessary bickering and complaining. 

It started with Eunrae and Dahyun in one room, Yoonji and Seulmi in the other, then Julianne, Eunbyul, and Avery in the biggest one. Sometimes, an occasional "jesus christ this unnie is literally impossible to wake up!" or "oh my god shut up I can't sleep because of your monstrous snoring!" can be heard and they all decided they needed to change.

After a couple of agreements were made and rounds of rock-paper-scissors were played, it turned into Dahyun and Eunbyul, Julianne and Eunrae, and then Yoonji Seulmi and Avery. However, that didn't last long as well ("yah this one keeps taking my clothes!", "okay seriously you need to stop taking my goddamn blanket. you have your own."); in the end it took them almost a month to finally agree on the final arrangement-- Eunbyul and Eunrae, Julianne and Yoonji, and then finally, Dahyun, Seulmi, and Avery.

They soon adjusted, and developped daily routines. Julianne is usually awake before everyone wakes up, already practicing at the studio when other members finally arrive. Avery would take care of herself, making a cup of coffee on the way. Yoonji would stay in her room, nuzzled in her blanket trying to push away the scent. She would sometimes use it as an convenient excuse to stay in bed a little longer. Seulmi is usually one of the earliest ones to wake up, mainly because she has school. Although she does make it in time, she's usually really groggy and Avery would make her a cup of coffee every now and then. Dahyun usually stirs awake from the two roommates shifting, and their footsteps leaving the room (and also Seulmi's three alarm clocks). She would sit at their dining table, spacing out with her eyes half-closed. And then it takes all the members to wake Eunbyul up. She tends to kick their members away and mumble complaints before proceeding to do anything but wake up. It doesn't take too long for Eunrae to wake up as well, from all the comomtion the members are causing in order to wake Eunbyul up. She sometimes does try to ignore it and continue to sleep though.

Their dorm was always a mess, leaving the dining table cramped with clothes and papers and CDs. Fitting four members was nearly impossible, let alone squeezing seven. Naturally, they would eat their meal sitting on the floor, or at the living room table with crossed legs. After their meal, they would either play rock paper scissors to decide the person cleaning up, or a quick competition of dibs nots. There will seldom be a volunteer who cleans, but if there is, another member would quickly give in to help.

Up until now, they've been traveling in and out of studios and training rooms for practing, preparing them for their debut. But today, they're going back to their respective companies to record intros for the album and learn the choreography for the song.

"Eunbyul!" Avery shakes the older girl. "Byul! Unnie!" She whisper-yells frantically. "Wake up, we're going to be late! It's recording day!"

Eunbyul groans, still half-asleep, "What? Why am I being shaken?! What is happening?!" Then she sit up abruptly, screaming EARTHQUAKE!, scaring Avery. Eunbyul quickly throws the blanket over her head, as if it would actually protect her from the so-called earthquake.

"No! It's 7! We need to be at the studio by 8! Hurry up and get ready." Avery says, coaxing the older one out of the blanket. "Jae unnie is probably already there because she's not in her room... as usual. Hurry up, I'll wait for you in the living room." Eunbyul groans before rolling off her bed, land with a loud thump followed by an ouchie.

Eunbyul finishes getting ready by 7:45, and they hurried out of the building hopping into their car. The YG headquarters wasn't too far, but even then, they only made it by a margin. They enter the studio at 7:59, and are greeted by a bored and somewhat umimpressed Julianne lounged on the couch, focused on her laptop half asleep and presumably playing LoL.

"You're barely on time," she says not looking up from her game, her left hand clicking away at the keyboard viciously, "I don't care much, just don't do the same when we're going on shows, mkay?" she adds, finally looking up and smiling tiredly.

"How long have you been here unnie?" asks Avery. She asks this everytime from when she first met Julianne until now, but the same answer always bounces back.

"Don't know, lost track." Julianne shrugs and smiles at the presumable victory in her game before shutting her laptop. "I finished recording my part earilier... I might re-record some of it later, but you guys should go first. Teddy Oppa just went to get some food first, so he'll be back soon." she explains, leaning back on the couch. The younger ones nod and slowly make their way to the recording room while warming up their voices.

Around 8:30, Teddy returns to the studio. He was armed with bags and bags of food, followed by G-Dragon. Julianne had fallen asleep, likely after a full nights worth of non-stop practice. The other two girls were in the recording booth, rehearsing the song on their own. The two sunbaes sigh at the sight of the passed out trainee.

"She really needs to stop over workng herself," Jiyong mutters to Teddy, as he takes off his jacket and places it over her gently, not wanting to wake her up.

They set the food on the table and walk into the booth were the girls were still practicing. They haven't noticed that the producers came back.

"Oh! Sunbae!" Eunbyul exclaimed, standing up abruptly then falling over the microphone cord. "Oops... Hi!" she says getting back up and bowing breifly.

Avery's eyes widen before smiling in relief before also greeting Teddy and G-Dragon. "Annyeong Teddy sunbae, Jiyong sunbae." she says, bowing at the same time. "Is Jae unnie still asleep?" she asks, looking over to the window separating the two rooms.

Jiyong hums. "Yeah, she was still here when I left last night, and I dont know how early she came in this morning..." He sounds worried for the young trainee, casting worried glances at her. "You guys should try to convince her not to work so late, it's bad for her health." The two trainees nod wordlessly before exchanging glances.

"At least she's sleeping now, she's been recording since 6:30. Her clips are perfect, but she's still unsatisfied with them." Adds Teddy, shaking his head as he previews Julianne's parts. "It's like she's got something to prove... Anyways, lets get recording shall we? Avery, you'll go first. We'll give you the cue, and then sing. We'll stop you some point through and give you a couple tips and such, alright?" Avery nods politely and Teddy continues. "Alright, le'ts get down to buisness." He says, before turning around and ushering Eunbyul and Jiyong out of the room with him.

They place themselves in front of the computer, each with a set of headphones. Jiyong clicks away at the computer as Teddy intructs Avery.

"Alright, I'll play the track from the beginning so you can hear what Jae's recorded. You know the timing so just come in at your parts and we'll record until the end of the chorus. We'll let you know any changes needed." he says through the microphone as soon as Avery gets the headphones on. She nods and the song begins. The intro starts with simple guitar plucking and drums, and soon, the base starts thumping. Julianne's rap at the beginning is strong, charismatic, and ear catching. It's flawless and unique, almost impossible for it to improve in any other way.

Avery sings her parts easily, and although there are little hiccups here and there that causes them to redo her parts a couple times, the two producers are very satisfied with her performance. Avery has great voice control and technique, and the tiny mistakes she makes aren't significant. 

When it comes to Eunbyul's turn, however, it starts off bad but ends on the best note.

She's evidently nervous. She knows her lines and how to sing them, but isn't able to convey when the time comes. Julianne, who slowly stirred awake from her slumber observes quietly in frustration.

"YAH! MOON EUNBYUL!" Julianne yelled through the mic after the tenth failed attempt. Both Teddy and Jiyong were starting to get agitated, and despite all the feedback given, they still couldn't find a solution. "I thought you were supposed to be the best! Weren't you the one who told me YOU should've been the main rapper?! Well prove it! Where's the passion? The charisma? The flow? Prove to me that you really are a better rapper than me. I thought you would be able to do this."

Eunbyul turns towards the small window with a frown and looks at Julianne with a serious expression.

"Wasn't that a bit harsh?" asks Avery, scared that Eunbyul is going to cry.

"We'll see... But I'm willing to bet you that she'll be perfect the next shot." Julianne grins slightly before backing away a little. Teddy and Jiyong smiling subliminally before playing the track again.

Eunbyul draws a breath and sings her part almost perfectly-- the flow, the rhythm, and most importantly, the feeling.

Julianne grins. "Told you."

AUTHOR'S NOTe
yaaaaay chapter two!
okay so um i assume that this is how they would act in the morning and i'm sorry if it isn't ;; feel free to let us know LOL
hahHAHA who in mystique snores monstrously you'll never know

AUTHOR JIU LIKES TO EDIT IN COMIC SANS JFC DO YOU GUYS KNOW THE TORTURE I'M GOING THROUGH
oya and she's is jaemin biased lol in case you can't tell (thats not true. -jiu)
it's ok co-author rin will treat everyone equally ::--)) (dont lie. -also jiu)
-rin
ps. next chapter is SM's side~~

teehee, ths chapter is significantly longer than the last, you dont even know the sense of accomplishment i have rn...
I'm not sure if the member who snores monstrously is an actual member or Rin talking about herself though.. (hey i don't snore -rin)
Guys, the pain of having this piece of horse as my co-author.... you dont even know (ya well this piece of horse fixed all of ur stupid comma splices and grammatical errors ok -rin). jk, ily rinnie boo
-Jiu
ps. the SM chapter will be equally as boss, no worries.
pps. the entire editting process is Rin going "
(i rly like comic sans let's write the whole story in this font)" (EXC uSE mE ?????????? IS THIS A JOKE???????????????? I' M SORRY WHAT??? U WERE THE ONE EDITING EVERYTHING IN COMIC SANS -a very mad rin)
ppps. if one day you find an entire chapter written in comic sans, highlighted in yellow with red font. it was Rin, not me.