Clash

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I look out the car window, scanning the huge crowd ahead of us.

 

I’m not really into this kind of thing, but I’m not that stupid not to know what sort of place this is. The infamous ‘The Black Curve,’ the place where the underground world is always alive at night. Illegal trading, dealing, and street racing, this is where they all take place. In other words, this is the renowned red zone of the whole country, though I do wonder why no actions have been taken to get rid of this place.

 

Donghae grabs his phone on the dashboard and scrolls through it, as he places his right hand on the window sill. The black leather jacket he’s wearing, that intimidating tattoo on his arm, and those piercings on his ears, they totally make him look like a mob for some reason. It makes me wonder how I can sit so comfortably in his car.

 

There’s a reason why people fear him. Unlike Jackson, Donghae isn’t really the type who’d let the world know what he’s up to. He might look like a common black sheep, but there’s no doubt that there’s a Satan inside him.

 

“Come on,” he glances at me as he opens the door and steps outside.

 

I reluctantly follow behind him, as I glance around me in both fear and astonishment. Who’d have thought that I’d get a chance to set foot in this dark abyss? Should I consider myself lucky to get a glimpse of this legendary place, or should I weep in the corner because there’s a huge possibility that I might lose any part of my limbs anytime soon?

 

“I don’t see any reason why I should be brought here,” I finally speak up. “You...you’re not planning to sell me out, are you?”

 

“I would’ve done that from the start if I wanted to, munchkin.”

 

Well, he got a point there. But still, I can’t trust him completely. After all, Jackson and him belong to the same kind.

 

A few people would greet Donghae along the way, like he’s some sort of a boss of a yakuza group. Some of them would glance at me from time to time, but no one’s been saying anything to me, which I assume probably because I’m with Donghae. They get along with him, but at the same time, they obviously fear him.

 

“There he is,” Donghae nods towards a group of people ahead of us, partying like there’s no tomorrow.

 

I can feel my throat’s getting dry the moment my eyes land on Jackson, who’s leaning against the railings, with a red-haired ‘’ clinging on him. I swear I could throw up right here and right now from the way she acts to catch his attention, and it makes me wonder too, what exactly they see in him. I mean, yeah, he’s hot, but that attitude of his is such a turn off.

 

“Brace yourself and watch this, munchkin,” Donghae looks at me, and flashes that annoying smirk of his. 

 

He then gives a signal to a few of his guys standing near us, and they begin to surround the area. As they move, even more people come, and when the crowd is starting to make noise, Jackson finally notices us. His eyes fall on Donghae first, then on me. His face remains blank, but I can see red and blood in his piercing gaze, and God knows how much I want to go back home and get over this.

 

“What’s this?” Jackson steps forward, pushing away the red-haired who keeps on holding onto his arm like a newborn koala. “Your new way of greeting a friend?”

 

“Depends on how you look at it,” Donghae says. “You see, I’m the kind of person who ing hates it when someone touches what’s mine.”

 

I frown at Donghae, silently asking him to explain where this little act is going so I can at least understand the situation here, but he’s not even looking me. Jerk. He’s doing this just because he thinks it’s fun, and he’s totally ignoring me! So what’s the point of dragging me here? He should’ve just let me stay at home.

 

“Yours?” Jackson raises an eyebrow. He looks at me up and down, and then his lips slowly curve into a mischievous smile. “You’re kidding me.”

 

“Let’s be fair,” Donghae moves forward and I nervously trail behind him. “You did something to mine, and I should do something to yours too.”

 

Jackson laughs. “Go ahead, I don’t mind. You can do whatever you want with all the girls I’ve ed, including his sister.”

 

And that’s when I finally lost it.

 

“You son of a !” I lunge at Jackson, but before I can get my hands on him, Donghae pulls me back and holds my arm tight. “Don’t ing say her name with that filthy mouth of yours!”

 

Jackson shrugs. “She was so in love with me, you know. Not really my fault it turned out that way.”

 

I’m gonna kill him. I’m gonna ing kill him.

 

“I was thinking that maybe, I should be a little nicer tonight,” Donghae suddenly says, and grabs a baseball bat from one of his guys. “But you just had to say that, so I changed my mind.”

 

I widen my eyes when Donghae moves towards Jackson’s red Corvette parked near us, and twirl the bat like he’s holding some kind of a tiny little stick. Before I can even think of what he’s planning to do, he swings the bat in one strong move, and smashes it on the car’s front windshield. I drop my jaw in horror, and I can hear loud shrieks from all over the place.

 

Jackson’s face is totally priceless, he looks so shocked like he’s been struck with lightning, his body frozen as if he’s a standing corpse. Oh damn, I wish I could capture that look on his face, so that I can post it on my social network.

 

“W-what...” Jackson looks at Donghae wide eyed.

 

Wait a second, isn’t this gonna get even worse than it already is? I mean, we all know just how much Jackson loves his Corvette, perhaps even more than the girls he’s been with. Donghae probably knows that too, and he must’ve done that on purpose. Donghae you idiot, this is not going to make me feel better at all!

 

“Come on, it’s only a Corvette,” Donghae turns around and approaches Jackson. He stops right in front of him, taunting him with his smirk. “I haven’t even touched your head.”

 

“What...what the have you done, you son of a ?!” Jackson finally comes back to his senses, and growls at Donghae.

 

“I’m telling you to get your hands off my thing,” Donghae’s smirk slowly disappears, as he throws the baseball bat away. “You with him again, I’m gonna rip your head off.”

 

I stiffen in my spot, unable to move even a muscle. Even when Donghae has turned away from Jackson and makes his way towards me, my feet are still glued to the ground. The crowd is still in an uproar, probably because the legendary Dark Lord Donghae has just waged a war against Jackson the mighty Ripper. What sort of disaster is this?

 

“That was for you,” Donghae winks at me, acting like he’s done nothing wrong a moment ago.

 

Now you know who’s the Satan really is.

 

* * * * *

 

 

 

When I see Donghae the next day, there’s a fresh cut on his cheek, and his knuckles is bruised. Jackson must’ve done something to him, which is not surprising at all. There’s no way he’d let Donghae get away after what he did. I’m thankful towards Donghae though, because when I thought it over, it was indeed an amusing sight to see Jackson losing his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter