Day 9; Terrifying Love [Leo]

25 Days of VIXXmas

It was the day after Christmas and you and Leo were heading back home from his family’s house. Everything went great and there was never a moment that you loved him more. As these thoughts passed through your mind, you glanced over to look at him behind the wheel and smile.

"What?" He asked, a grin slipping onto his lips.

"Nothing." You sat forward, looking at the road again.

"Your face says otherwise." He chuckled. "What’re you thinking?"

"Just about how much I love you." Leo’s face dropped for only a second before he took his eyes off the road to smile the biggest smile at you.

"You love me?" He asked with a playful tone to his voice.

"Of course I love you. Did I ever say otherwise?" You placed your hand on top of his on the steering wheel. He laced his fingers with yours.

"I love you too." His words were louder than his normal speaking tone, almost to make sure that you heard them.

Suddenly, the car started making some very unpleasant noises. Leo pulled off on an exit and stopped at a gas station. To make a long story short, the car had to be taken to a shop to be fixed and wouldn’t be ready until the next day. You and Leo found yourselves in a hotel checking into a room to spend the night.

"Don’t worry about it, we can just spend more time together before getting back to the normal everyday routine." You took Leo’s hand as you headed to your room.

____________________

A scream came from the television causing you to cower away for the umpteenth time. Leo had decided it would be a great idea to watch a horror movie before going to bed. As much as your heart could barely take all the creatures jumping out and scaring you, you powered through until the very end of the movie. When Leo turned out the lights and joined you under the covers you couldn’t help but imagine the creatures from the movie being under the bed.

"Babe…………." You tapped him on the arm, stirring him.

"Hm?" He hummed while looking at your scared expression.

"I’m afraid." You saw a small smiled creep onto his face. He pulled you up under his arm and wrapped the comforter up real close. You felt his hand begin your hair.

"Don’t be afraid, I’m right here." You slowly began to fall asleep and the last thing you think before falling from consciousness is simply how perfect this Christmas has been.