News

It Started Out as a Joke

    Another exhausting interview involving the same brand of questionnaire didn't so much bother Jackson as much as the timing of them. For the past few days he's only been able to sneak in about 4 hours of sleep a night and little naps in the car in between his busy schedule.
   “Jackson-ssi...” He flicked his head away from the staffs he was thanking post interview and raised his eyebrows at his manager, who wasn't there since Jackson arrived to the interview site. “Why-...” His manager seemed slightly exasperated and took a few seconds to gain his composure, walking up to Jackson, “Why haven't you messaged me back?!” His voice changed on a dime.

   “AH!” Jackson jumped and remembered his hand phone that remained in his jacket pocket in another room. He quickly grabbed his managers hands and bowed repetitively the moment it donned on him that he was the reason his manager was so upset looking. “I'm sorry! Truly, I'm still not use to having a phone with me... I'll be sure to check it more often. Really.” He reassured his manager.

   “Nevermind it, really. I've got some pretty interesting news... C'mon, let's go. I'll explain in the car and we'll see what you think of it.”

--*--

   Bambam sat alone in one of JYP's practice rooms washing the newly learned information around in his head. Staring at the mirror across the room, he rocked his head back and forth in his palms, when a thought struck him like a sharp jab and he muttered to himself.

   “What if I have to get my hair cut as short as Jackson's for the concept?” He groaned and fell over onto the couch. “I might actually cry.” He whined to himself quietly for a moment then stopped, hearing a clank as the door to the practice room opened. He jumped up and watched as Mark and Jinyoung came walking in the room.

   “What's with the dumb look?” Jinyoung teased, going straight to the laptop sitting next to the door, getting things set up for practice. Bambam couldn’t respond with anything other than a breathy laugh with his eyes averted. Mark sauntered over past Bam and patted him on the shoulder, throwing his bag on the couch behind him. Jinyoung continued, knowing what Bambam had on his mind, “Have you called Jackson yet? I don't know if he's going to make it back in time for practice.”

   “Ah, no I haven't talked to him yet.” Bambam pulled at his sweater sleeves.

   “Yeah, might be good to celebrate in person.” Mark draped an arm over his shoulders and poked at Bambams' side.

   Practice started once Jaebum entered the room, having kept everyone waiting only about 30 minutes. Routine as usual though, fine tuning steps and making sure they all were on beat, compensating for Jacksons' absence, which happened often recently. Halfway through, Bambam glanced at the clock, reading 6:48pm. Jackson should be done with his interview by now, he thought. I'm not even really sure what to say to him... He sat down to cool off and rest for a moment while they worked on small parts individually. Pulling out his phone he saw a new text.

 

From: Jackson

YOO~~~ I just heard the news!!!!
JA~CKBA~M!!! that would be a bad subunit name though wouldn't it kkkk

I'm skipping practice today though, I'll explain to JB later~
Let's celebrate tonight. On me, man!

 

   Excitement welled in his chest as he tapped the reply button.

   “Bam, c'mon, we're starting from the third part again.” Yugyeom tapped Bambam and pulled him off the couch. He fumbled with his phone for a moment managing to send Jackson a short message of compliance and then tossing his phone to the cushion.