So Simple

It Started Out as a Joke

    Showers are always a hassle after practice, but the boys usually stuck to a particular order, which was who was the sweatiest and least tolerable in the small quarters that their dorms were. Bambam was relieved that he didn't sweat nearly as much as the others, and he decided to put it off for later tonight. He entered his and Yugyeom's shared room and flopped down on his bed face first. He barely remembers Yugyeom coming in and complaining about hot water and something about his mothers leftovers.

   He woke up a few hours later to two hands lightly pinching his cheeks.

   “Bambaaaaam~” His eyes opened to see Jackson straddled over him with a huge grin and restrained laughter, as a vain attempt not to wake up Yugyeom. Bambam started and pushed his hands away, and after snapping out of his sleepy daze, grabbed a pillow and smacked Jackson in the chest. Jackson accepted the pillow, clutching it to his chest and hopped off the bed. “Aye,” he whispered, tossing the pillow, “Let's go, let's go, I don't wanna wake anyone up.” Jackson grabbed Bambam's hand and pulled the sleepy boy off his bed.

    “Ahhhh? You woke me up, what is that suppose to mean?” Bambam pushed Jackson's face away with his palm, reluctantly smiling. A stir came from the bed nearest the door and the two shushed eachother. Yugeom heard their talk and rolled his eyes, attempting to fall back to sleep.

   “Doesn't matter,” Jackson dragged Bambam out of the room and into the entry hall to put shoes on.

   “I'm hungry. When you say it's “on you”, you intended to buy me meat, right?” Bambam asked in a childish tone, yawning and slipping his shoes on. “Ah, wait. What time is it even?”

     “1:30, and yeah, meat is fine.” They slipped out of the dorms and into the street, heading towards the closest all-night restaurant. Bambam grinned from the spontaneity of the situation.

   “You left a note or something right? We're going to be seriously scolded if you didn't. Probably just take the whole idea of us being a subunit away.” Bambam's words made Jackson stop dead in his tracks.

   “You think so?” Jackson gave his almost signature serious tone and wide eyes.

   “I mean... It's an exaggeration but we will get in trouble if they can't find us.”

   “Should we go back and write a note?”

   “If you think so I-”

   “Yeah, I'm stupid, lets do that real fast.” Jackson laughed with his tongue out, spinning on his heels, and speed walking back to the dorms.

   “How the hell are we going to make this work if we can't even do this properly?!” Bambam trailed behind the other boy, laughing at the unorthodox situation.

   “Hey!! You're going to jinx us with that kind of talk, you know.”

   “That's not how jinxes work, idiot.” Letting out a small giggle, Bambam grabbed onto the back of Jackson's sleeve to keep at his pace. Jackson looked back at the other boy and an excitement welled up in his chest and he let out an intense noise of excitement and clung to Bambam, who could immediately match Jackson's wordless enthusiasm.