.07

Just Tell Me

After she has gotten out of a classroom, Sunmi felt everyone was looking at her and whispering at each other. She felt as she was on her old school again, and acted as she would do: ignoring everyone and just walking by. But after a minute, a tall figure stopped her standing in front of her.

“Don’t go out with him.” Sungyeol said.

“What?” Sunmi was confused.

“Woohyun. Don’t go out with him.” He was serious, and Sunmi tried not to laugh.

“Why shouldn’t I?” The girl crossed her arms and tried to act normal, as Sungyeol looked kind of irritated and in a hurry.

“Because he’s a playboy. He has dated half the school girls already.” He sounded a little desperate, but he was trying his best to convince Sunmi. “He makes them fall in love with him and then ditches them.”

The girl tried to analyze what Sungyeol had just said, but something didn’t fit. She didn’t know Woohyun for that long, but he was always sweet and kind to her; no one ever said something along that about him before and he didn’t say anything about dating so many girls.

“… So?” Sunmi said.

“W-what?” Sungyeol was now confused. After his speech talking bad about Woohyun, she still wanted to date him? “Didn’t you just listen to what I said?”

“Yeah; what about it?”

The boy felt a rage coming to him, but he had to maintain control. Sunmi looked calmed and curious, while he felt disappointed and wondered what just happened. He tried to say something, but the words wouldn’t come out, so he just mumbled.

“See you later, bro.” Sunmi waved at him, imitating the way he used to call her “sis”, and walked away. Sungyeol could only watch her disappear with his mouth opened.

“Hey, what’s up?” Myungsoo greeted when he came next to Sungyeol.

“Sunmi is going out with Woohyun.” He replied, still looking at the way the girl went. His friend took a glance and blinked a few times.

“… So?”

Sungyeol turned his head and looked at him, surprised. Woohyun’s popularity wasn’t a joke in that school, and seeing Myungsoo so calm made him feel really annoyed; he was acting just like Sunmi.

“What is wrong with you people?!” Sungyeol yelled and walked away really fast, leaving a surprised and clueless Myungsoo behind.

*******

Sunmi’s last class was P.E. She really didn’t enjoy it, but she was good at sports, so it was easy for her. While waiting for her group’s turn to run around the campus, a girl came to her and greeted her.

“Mm… hi!” She shyly said, and Sunmi lifted her eyebrows, surprised to see someone talking to her. “You’re the girl who’s dating Woohyun, right?”

“Oh my god, that’s how people know me now?” She asked, wanting to hide under a rock and never coming out again; but she tried not to show her feelings. “We haven’t even gone on a date yet!” She thought, looking at the girl with a worried expression.

“Oh, I’m sorry; well… that’s how people are referring to you and I…” The girl looked down, trying to think of something to fix the situation. “Oh! I’m so rude; my name’s Seo Sohyun.” She stretched her hand, and Sunmi took it.

“Song Sunmi.” She replied, looking at the girl smile.

“Wow! Our initials are the same!” Sohyun exclaimed, laughing. Sunmi smiled when she realized it too, and thought that the girl wasn’t that bad. She actually seemed kind, and   the way she smiled was sweet and contagious.

The teacher announced the next group needed to star running, so Sohyun glanced at Sunmi again, making a gesture and inviting her to run. She smiled and nodded, following her.

*******

Back at home, Sungyeol couldn’t be quiet. He never liked Woohyun; with that eye smile, amazing grades, great personality and big popularity he seemed like the perfect guy. But there was a rumor going on for a while that he liked going out with girls and never paying attention to them anymore; and he had a group of friends that rarely interacted with someone outside their closest circle of friends.

He decided to investigate a little on him; but after searching for Woohyun on the internet he felt even more annoyed. Not only was he a perfect guy, but he was now a perfect student, son and heir of his father’s company.

Sungyeol closed his laptop and stayed quiet while looking at an invisible spot on the wall. He had to do something to make Sunmi realize what kind of guy Woohyun was; not the one everyone seemed to see, but the real him.

*******

“Let me ask you something.” Sungjong said while walking through the school hallway with Sungyeol and Myungsoo. “Why do you care?”

“Because!” Sungyeol exclaimed while waving his arms. “You know Woohyun, he’s not a guy for Sunmi.”

“And who is?” The youngest asked, a little irritated about the obsession his friend seemed to have with his step sister and the popular guy.

“I-I… I don’t know.” He looked away for a moment. “But Woohyun isn’t!”

Sungjong face-palmed and desisted. Sungyeol was being really stubborn, and Sungjong didn’t feel like arguing with him anymore.

“Sunmi’s a grown up girl, you should leave her alone.” Myungsoo calmly said, trying not to make Sungyeol angry.

The boy didn’t reply, but he thought his friends were right; he just didn’t know why he cared so much. Even though his relationship with Sunmi was a lot better than before, they still weren’t that close; she would yell at him sometimes, and he would reply the same way. She would hide a lot of things from him, and he was sure Sunmi didn’t know a lot about him either.

But the fact that Sunmi was going out with Woohyun just bothered him. A lot.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

askjdhaskjhdsa I'm sorry everyone, I'll try to update faster, but college is killing me >.<
I want holidays so bad OTL
still, thank you everyone who subscribes, comments and reads :3
<3