treat.

☃ ) secret santa

chapter two

 frozen yogurt

Hoseok sat at the mall, watching as all the people passed by. It was a rather boring day and he felt like getting out of the house for once. Finding himself at the mall with no money, the only thing he coud do was window shop, but even that gets boring after awhile. I should just go home. The male sighed, his eyes flickering towards a bright red sign that read 'grand opening!'

Oh yeah, the old chinese restuarant that used to be there closed down a while back. It looks like they finally made the empty lot into something new. It was rare for Hoseok to leave the house so he had no idea if any of the outside world had changed.

It didn't look like there was much of a crowd at the new store, which was weird. Usually when new stores open, people would be all over them. New was always something that attracted people, yet why was it not working in this case? Hoseok timidly got off the bench and walked towards the new store. Oh wait, there was one customer.

It would be awkward to just go in and not buy anything, but curiousity was taking over. Hoseok shoved his hands into his pockets and stopped outside the shop and read the name mentally. Orange Leaf. What kind of a store name was that? What could they sell? 

"Ah, let's try this place~" A random man suggested, excitedly pointing to Orange Leaf. He had his arm wrapped around another male and it was evident they were a couple.

"Suho, we don't have time to be playing around." The other male sighed. The couple looked cute together with their short bickering. At least, they looked cute in Hoseok's eyes.

"But, Jimin~ it looks so good." The first male, Suho, whined. He actually looked like a child with the pouting face he was making. Well, the pout really didn't fit him and his facial expressions were far from cute, but the way he acted around his significant other was what made him cute.

"Fine," Jimin sighed in defeat, "You can get one because I don't want any, but I'll sit with you." Although it wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear, Suho perked up and giddily dragged Jimin into the shop. 

All the while, Hoseok was watching the couple like a total creep. It wasn't his fault. Something about the couple just made Hoseok smile and want to keep watching their interactions. They were cute, yes; but they also were one of those couples that you could tell would last.

That's what Hoseok wants. He wants people to view him and his boyfriend that way. To be viewed as a couple that people admire and make cute posts about how their relationship was #relationshipgoals to others. Just thinking about it made Hoseok smile like a complete idiot.

"I love frozen yogurt, I'm so glad the mall got a frozen yogurt place." Suho's voice echoed loudly. 

"Frozen yogurt?" Hoseok whispered to himself, crossing his arms together and returned his gaze to name of the store. Orange Leaf. He did love frozen yogurt, so just hearing the word make him extremely happy. If he had money, he spend it all on buying froyo, but unfortunatly, he had none. Oh, that's right, his boyfriend was still at home sleeping. Maybe he'll be awake. Either way, it couldn't hurt to try.

Taking out his phone and dialing his boyfriend's number, Hoseok put the phone up to his ear. As it continued to ring, he rocked back and forth on his feet. It's so awkward being in public alone, but somehow having the phone stuck on his ear made him feel less self-conscious. 

No answer.

Hoseok hung up, then redialed again. It was almost 1pm, if Yugyeom was still asleep, it was time for him to get up anyways, so hopefully the boy's phone was by him and on a loud volume. This time, it only took 4 rings before the line was answered.

"What."

"Wake up and come to the mall!!" Hoseok rushed, completely ignoring the annoyed tone his boyfriend had. "There's a new froyo place at the mall and I want to try it."

"Then try it." Yugyeom yawned loudly from the other end. 

"I can't, I don't have any money, so come with some money and buy it for me." Hoseok commanded as if he was in charge. Looking at the position the two were in, it was apparent that Hoseok was in no position to be ordering Yugyeom around like this.

"Excuse me, try asking nicely." 

"Tch." The older male clicked his tongue; oh how he did not like how quickly Yugyeom could gain the upper hand.

"Well, I'm going back to sleep then." The younger finally broke the silence that was drawing on for way too long. He knew the ways to make Hoseok buckle, but the question was, would Hoseok endure it or actually give in?

"Ah, wait, I-" Hoseok cut in quickly. Yugyeom grinned from the other side of the phone, knowing what's to come. "Please come to the mall and let's buy froyo together."

"Since you asked nicely, I'll be there soon, try not to do anything lame, though I know that's basically impossible for you." Before Hoseok could even fight back, Yugyeom had already hung up on him. 

Well all that's left is to wait. Hoseok dropped his phone back in his jacket pocket and reclaimed his seat on the bench

He had returned to his people watching. The mall was really busy at this time of year. It was almost Christmas and there were the last minute shoppers, scurrying around the mall, trying to find a gift that is inexpensive. And yet, with all these people, no one was daring enter the froyo shop. Was it because it was already so cold and no one wanted to eat something cold? Somehow the thought of eating cold food in the middle of winter appealed to Hoseok even more.

It didn't take long for Yugyeom to eventually show up. He left the house more often than Hoseok, so unlike the older, he knew exactly where the knew froyo place was built. It felt as though the two have been dating for so long, yet little things like this still surprised Yugyeom. Hoseok was older, yet he started acting like a child when it came to things like this. Froyo? Who the heck eats froyo in the middle of winter? As Yugyeom was racking his brain for more insult to use on Hoseok when they came face-to-face, he hadn't even noticed his boyfriend had rushed up to meet him.

"It took you so long, what if something happened to me? You would find out way later." Hoseok exaggerated, crossing his arms. Yugyeom opened his mouth to make a smart comment back, but Hoseok cut him off and pointed towards Orange Leaf. "Come on, we don't have all day." Although they technically did. "Did you bring the money?"

"Yeah, yeah, I brought it." 

That's all Hoseok needed to hear as he continued to drag his boyfriend into the empty store. Even after all this time, he hadn't notice anyone else come to the grand opening. The couple earlier were the only customers Hoseok had seen.

"What do we do here, I." Yugyeom looked around. The bright orange tile on the walls were, well, bright. The store shone with oranges and greens that were neon and harmful on the eyes. Maybe that was why hardly anyone came in, but it was still a good froyo store.

"Just grab a cup, see," Hoseok handed his boyfriend a small orange cup, a shade dimmer than the walls, "pick your flavor froyo, add toppings, then pay for it." It wasn't like he got froyo very often, but it's an experience you can't forget. It's like riding a bike, once you do it, you don't forget.  "I always love getting these fruit flavors." Hoseok narrated as he started pouring himself a mix of pineapple and orange.

"Oh." Yugyeom voiced, walking down the aisle to look at all the different flavors. He took some time in deciding which one he wanted. "Do I have to get one?"

"Of course! It's no fun if I'm the only one getting one." Hoseok replied, already moving on to putting fruit toppings onto his froyo. 

The younger groaned and walked to a nozzle, lifting it, and pouring a little bit of the froyo into his cup. 

"What flavor are you getting?" 

"I'm getting vanilla." 

"That's so basic." Hoseok straightened, his froyo already complete with a few strawberries and kiwis. "It's kind of like you." He teased happily.

"And just who has the money to pay for your froyo?" Yugyeom questioned. Hoseok averted his gaze and retreated to place his cup on the counter, where the cashier was all smiles for actually having a customer. As Yugyeom took out the money to pay, Hoseok took his froyo and bounced away to find a place to sit. He had settled on a table that was in the corner of the store. 

"Your froyo is so plain." Hoseok called out when Yugyeom finally took his seat across from the other.  "Look at mine compared to yours."

"Well, that's because I figured we could share some of yours." Yugyeom smiled innocently, although it was more like a smile with a hidden motive.

"What, no way, this is mine, I don't want to share." Hoseok gasped, digging his spoon into the froyo. "If you wanted some like mine, you should have gotten it."

"Don't be like that." The younger whined, leaning forward in his chair. "I can share some of mine with you too."

"I don't want your basic froyo." Hoseok fought, taking a spoonful of his froyo into his mouth. "I can let you have a bite, but that's it."

"Only a bite?"

"Yes." Hoseok dug his spoon back into the froyo and lifted a spoonful up, holding it by his boyfriend's lips. The younger merely smiled as he took the spoon in his mouth, tasting the fruity flavor explode in his mouth. Hoseok really did like it fruity tasting, didn't he?

"Mm, yours is pretty good, I might want more." Yugyeom replied, leaning back in his chair and taking a bite of his own froyo.

"Nope, that was it. If you want more, you'll have to go get your own." 

"You're no fun."

"I love my froyo, sorry." Hoseok huffed, sliding his cup closer to him to add the emphasis.

"You love me more though, right?"

"What kind of a question is that? Of course I love you more than all the froyo in the world."

"I love you too." Yugyeom smiled confidently. "So does that means I can have another bite?"

 

✩   ✩   ✩   ★   ★   ✩   ✩   ✩

 

hoseok says


sighs deeply. this was way longer than a drabble wth. wow okay so like i've had an obsession with froyo lately and this chapter makes me want to go get one right now. so like the last part was deleted and i cried so the newer ver. of the ending and it's lame but i just wanted to give this to you, so here it is. hm, oh well. day two, done. i love you.