Chapter oo2

The Scathed Eloquence (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Roommate

Disclaimer: I decided to end this story with at least ten chapters. Please understand. I don't think I'll be able to keep up with
updates, so please understand if things flow fast from now on. I'll try my best to balance the scenes though. Thank you, and enjoy~
P.S. This is sort of a filler chapter, so I apologize if you don't like this update.
P.P.S. Don't mind the grammatical errors. I haven't proof-read yet.

September 13, 2014. 2:00 P.M. SBS’ Roommate Season 2. Brief Meeting. 

Youngji smirked, remembering the events that took place last week. Apparently, she had talked – more like begged – her manager to talk to SBS, and make her a part of SBS’ noontime reality show, Roommate. She had read an article confirming Jackson Wang’s participation in the said so, and almost immediately, she went to her manager and begged – well, not like begged. She more like demanded that she participate in the said show, as she even talked to her management about it. Thankfully, the entertainment company did not oppose; it was the quite the opposite, in fact. Like any other entertainment company, they agreed for publicity, to publicize Youngji being a new member of KARA.

With a quick change of expression, she plastered a fake, bright smile on her face and knocked on the door of once of the conference rooms in SBS, making heads turn her way. Inside the conference room were the other idols, actresses, and comedians who had also been confirmed. Her eyes lingered on each one of them, scrutinizing them as her eyes scanned them one by one. Her eyes, however, lingered on one particular boy who had a bored expression on his face. She took her glance away, smiled brightly, and gave a deep bow to them, including the staff members in the room. The producers who were inside smiled and motioned for her to sit, which she did.

“Thank you all for attending this conference,” a man who looked like he was on his forties said, smiling at the people seated, “As you all know, tomorrow will be the very first day of filming. You will be given at least two cameramen alongside the whole day and a PD each, until you arrive at the house in a separate vehicle. These men will be accompanying you to your houses or dorms and film you as you pack your things. You’ll go to a local café then and you’ll meet up with the former members,” he said, motioning to the former members of the show from the first season.

“So you’re saying that we’ll arrive at that house whenever and however you want us to? And I thought that this is a reality show,” a man with quite messy, blonde hair said, whom Youngji recognized as Park Joonhyung, a member of a discontinued idol group, G.O.D.

“This is a reality show, Joonhyung-sshi. We just have to monitor your actions as soon as possible – well at least for your arrival. We’re just making sure that everything that happens will appeal to the public,” the main PD said, exasperatedly. Park Joonhyung leaned back to his seat and crossed his arms on his chest, muttering a few words under his breath. The main PD continued, seeing his response, “Now that that’s over and done with, the staff will be arriving to your places tomorrow, so don’t be surprised when they knock on your doors. The PDs will be briefing you before filming as well, so as to keep you informed for possible changes. Again, after you pack up, you will be heading to a local café and two of three members will be picking the new members up, and together, you’ll arrive at the house.”

“What time do we start filming?” The girl with edgy features said, which Youngji recognized as Nana, a member of the K-pop girl group, After School.

“Nana-sshi and the all the other former members should already be on the house early in the morning, so as to prepare for the new members’ arrival. The men then will pick them up, particularly Park Minwoo-sshi, and Jo Seho-ssi,” the main PD answered.

“We have schedules though,” Lee Dongwook prodded.

“We are fully aware of that, Dongwook-sshi, as your managers had already sent us a full copy of your schedules. You are duly free to attend to your schedules, so long as you film the show,” the PD said. “Likewise, according to your schedules, not all of the new members are available at the pick-up time, so the cameramen will film you separately until you arrive at the house. The others will have to go to the café though.” Youngji nodded, understanding every detail as the PD said. As much as she didn’t want to admit it, reality shows were weird. She didn’t expect them to control their actions in some sort of way, as if the “reality” in the “reality show” didn’t make sense.

“If you don’t have any more questions, then I guess we will see you tomorrow. Please make sure to join the chatroom in Kakao. The updates will also be posted there in case.” The main PD concluded, exiting the conference room even before the idols, actors and comedians exited the room.

Youngji’s eyes automatically flew to the boy’s position, who had a bored expression before. He was talking to Park Joonhyung, which was no surprise to him as they both came from JYP Entertainment. They were talking loudly, which most of the people inside the room seemed to mind as they were cringing from their noise. Some of them had already exited the room, though four people had still remained inside – Park Joonhyung, Jackson Wang, Lee Gukjoo and Youngji. A tap on the shoulder had broken her gaze from the boy, making her jump from surprise. Sighing inaudibly as she felt irritated, she plastered a fake smile at the culprit.

“Yes?” She asked in a polite manner, “Oh, nice to meet you! My name’s Heo Youngji; please take care of me well!” The said, bowing from her seat. The latter chuckled, shaking her head.

“You’re surprisingly too polite; not that I mind though. You arrived late, so you didn’t hear what the PD said when you weren’t here, so I guess I’ll just bring it down to you then. I’m Lee Gukjoo, which you probably know, and I’ll be your roommate, along with Nana,” she paused, glancing left and right to find Nana, but eventually faced Youngji when she didn’t find her, “who is no longer here,” she trailed off. “Anyway, nice to meet you, too.”

Youngji smiled genuinely. She felt some sort of connection with the latter, especially from her bright personality. The fact that she would be her roommate as well made her feel at ease, as she knew that it would be better for her stay if she would grow close to at least one member.

“Gukjoo noona!” A loud voice, with a slight accent, hollered from the other side of the room, startling both Youngji and Gukjoo.

“What?” Gukjoo hollered with the same, loud voice, making Youngji flinch from the intensity of her voice. It was not exactly a good thing that she was sitting beside her when she yelled back.

“Come here!”

Gukjoo cursed, muttering profanities under her breath, “Aish, this kid,” she faced Youngji, “Do you want to go to that side? You may want to meet the others, too. Besides, there are yummy men there. Just take a look at Kangjoon. He’s so handsome,” she gushed, her eyes glinting as if she was in a state of reverie. Youngji chuckled, and walked behind Gukjoo as they went to the other side of the room, which only took about fifteen steps before they got there.

“Oh, Gukjoo, my love. We haven’t seen each other for a long time,” Joonhyung said, wiggling his eyes up and down.

Gukjooscowled, “Oppa, that’s because we haven’t met each other before.”

“Really, too bad then,” Joonhyung shrugged and leaned back to his seat, giving Jackson a high five and a bro hug before exiting the conference room. “See ya later, man!” He said in English, exiting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter