Prologue

The Scathed Eloquence (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

January 08, 2010. 2:00 AM. Bupyeong-daero, Bupyeong-gu, Incheon. Hangil Eye Hospital.

"J-Jackson," said Youngji in her sleep, heavy beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Her usual, pale face was even paler as she slightly flailed her arms under the blanket. Her arms struggled out of the thin blankets that had failed to comfort her body, and her hands had immediately fisted on the mattress tightly. "D-Don't go," she mumbled and continued to struggle, but to no avail. She kept on repeating the same two words over and over again, until it came to a point where she was already shouting it out, her voice cracking mid-way as she screamed the words. She was utterly helpless at the moment, and she knew it herself even at her sleep, as if no one would be able to help her. 

A twenty-year-old girl, who wore a white, cobbler-styled uniform and a nurse's cap, had suddenly barged in into Youngji's room, her eyes wide and her expression terrified as she took in Youngji's appearance. She also wore a nursing pin, identifying her position in the hospital as a student nurse. Within a second, she sat on the side of her bed and began to calm herself before gently shaking the terrified Youngji out of her dream, putting the metallic tray with water, a cloth and a bowl full of warm water that she had carried in with her on the side table beforehand. Youngji gasped for air as she sat from her position abruptly, her eyes widened like the girl who had waken her up, though the only difference was that her eyes were dull even though she just woke up from something terrifying, presenting no life at all. Her shaken hands struggled to find the other's hand, tightly holding it for dear life as she found and held it for dear life.

The student nurse, on the other hand, could only let Youngji hold her hand as she calmed herself after the seemingly frightening nightmare that she just had. She couldn't help but pity the girl who was now craddling her hand as she cried her eyes out. Leaving her utterly terrified and shaken with her dream would be an understatement. Youngji had been having the same nightmare every night for who knows when. She hadn't told anyone of the reason, but the nurse knew that it had something to do with the "Jackson" guy that she had been muttering every single night. She had heard her mumble words before as she suffered from those nightmares, but they weren't as worse as how Youngji was tonight. As much as the nurse wanted to find out the reason why, she still couldn't, as information amongst the hospital patients were extremely classified, so asking it from the hospital would be a big no-no. There was also the possibility of losing her nursing internship in the process, too.

"Are you okay?" The nurse tried to ask the other, even though she knew that the girl wouldn't respond.

No. Of course I'm not.

Youngji had only shook her head in response, not finding her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter