Chapter Ten

Haven's Heaven
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter Ten

The atmosphere was tense at the Civiltry hideout. Ever since Jungsu had kicked Jongwoon out, no one really had known what to do or how to respond to the situation.

Henry, in no way, felt like talking to Kyuhyun. Heechul was tremendously mad at Jungsu. Hyukjae had also gotten into a fight with Donghae, because Donghae wasn't really good at reading the mood and had made some quite inappropriate jokes. Sungmin and Donghee were just silently eating at the dinner table, and Han Geng, who had just arrived, deeply wished he had stayed away for the rest of the day.

Jungsu had withdrawn to his office with Youngwoon, after sending Siwon and Kibum away to fetch Ryeowook. What for, Kyuhyun didn't know. Maybe Ryeowook was the one he expected Jongwoon to run off to. The few times Kyuhyun had seen Ryeowook and Jongwoon together, they didn't really seem very close though. And he doubted Jongwoon would be dumb enough to run off to the royal castle after escaping the death penalty the way he had just a few weeks earlier. Wouldn't the king still be looking for him?

"You okay?" A voice suddenly asked, making Kyuhyun jump in surprise as he hadn't expected anyone to be willing to talk to him after what had happened. Donghae smiled at him comfortingly.

"Not really," Kyuhyun mumbled in reply, his guilt-ridden gaze quickly returning to the floor. He felt awful and fully responsible for everything that had happened. Next to that, some seemed extremely worried over Jongwoon and Kyuhyun had no idea why, making him feel even worse. 

'Yunho, it's been a year today,' Heechul had said to Jungsu, after hitting him in the face. Kyuhyun had never heard of this name before. Neither couldn't he understand what this Yunho had to do with Jongwoon kissing him, but apparently, according to Heechul, it would explain everything. And it also turned out to be the reason people were extremely worried about him disappearing. 

It had taken Jungsu mere seconds to run after Jongwoon, but he had already vanished. 'Of course he has,' Heechul had sighed annoyed when Jungsu returned saying Jongwoon had disappeared, 'He isn't our best assassin for no reason.'

The glistering of Jongwoon's silver rings suddenly caught Kyuhyun's attention. One obviously had to be ship ring, but what could the second have been?

Donghae noticed Kyuhyun's gaze fixated on the second ring and sadly mumbled, "It's Jongjin's," as a way to explain.

Well, it didn't explain anything. It was just another name Kyuhyun could add to his list of names he had never heard of before.

"Are you sure?" Jongwoon asked hesitantly, standing in front of a huge door which was probably bigger than his entire bedroom floor, swallowing nervously.

"Hyung, trust me!" Ryeowook said, smiling as he took Jongwoon's hand. "They need to get used to you eventually."

He leaned in and kissed Jongwoon comfortingly.

"Besides, my dad even asked me yesterday if you were still joining for dinner today, so I think he might be even more nervous than you are," Ryeowook said lightheartedly, continuing to smile for Jongwoon, even though he was quite nervous as well. His dad had never been fond of Jongwoon, but he had finally agreed on allowing Jongwoon to join their family dinner to get a better bond with his son's boyfriend.

Jongwoon gave a small smile in return, too nervous to say anything out loud.

"You are cute like this," Ryeowook giggled, squeezing Jongwoon's hand a little bit, before opening the giant door and revealing a large table and the king of Haven sitting at the head of it.

Kibum and Siwon returned with Ryeowook many hours later. Everyone instantly walked up to Ryeowook, who disappointedly told them he hadn't seen Jongwoon either. "Maybe he went to Changmin?" he opted, as he noticed everyone's helplessness after explaining he really didn't have much contact with Jongwoon anymore.

The fact that Ryeowook didn't know where Jongwoon was, was also a good thing however. Because if Ryeowook hadn't heard anything about him, he couldn't be captured. As he was pretty much the most wanted person in the kingdom of Haven, the one who escaped death, Ryeowook would be one of the firsts to know if he had been located. 

"Stop worrying," Kyuhyun heard Youngwoon saying to a depressed looking Jungsu, who both had finally joined everyone in the living room as soon as Siwon had gone to the office saying they had fetched Ryeowook. "Jongwoon does fine on his own. He is too stubborn to do anything stupid."

As Jungsu didn't reply, Youngwoon hugged Jungsu tightly and sighed. He knew Jungsu hadn't meant for Jongwoon to leave completely. He just wanted to let him know a lot of things happened and that it was time for Jongwoon to just leave for a while and return when he got his mind straight again. Jongwoon always had been the more explosive kind, taking things to the heart, but he would always settle after a few days and return a different person. But this time, circumstances weren't like they had been before. This time, Jungsu knew he had made a mistake and Jongwoon wasn't going to return.

"Let's go to Changmin, then," Heechul sighed after a while as no one seemed to have a better idea, standing up from his seat next to Henry, who was back to his usual cheerful-looking self - even though his eyes told differently -, and walking towards the two rings that were still on the floor before picking them up. "For safekeeping," he mumbled, more to himself than anyone watching him.

With Jungsu obviously too depressed to currently act as their leader, Heechul felt like he should temporarily take over that role. He was the second oldest after all. His worry over his friend should not distract him, even though deep inside it probably did.

"Who is joining?" he asked encouragingly, after recomposing himself and putting the rings in his pocket. But no one replied. "Okay," Heechul sighed slightly annoyed, before calling out the names of the people who probably were closest related to the whole ordeal, "Kyuhyun, Henry, Jungsu, let's go!"

"See, I told you they were okay with it!" Ryeowook said cheerfully to his boyfriend while walking hand-in-hand through the castle hallways, nearly dancing out of pure happiness. Dinner had been a huge success and the king and queen had kindly talked with Jongwoon as if they fully accepted him as their son's significant other.

Even though they had been dating for more than 2 years already, and had been very serious from the start, the king had always rejected letting Jongwoon join any family-occasions and had scolded Ryeowook for being gay multiple times. And even though Jongwoon had never officially met the king, they had regularly walked into each other when Jongwoon was visiting Ryeowook. It had never been a pleasant experience for any of them. But it seemed that the king had finally accepted things for how they were and it made Ryeowook extremely happy.

Jongwoon was quite happy and relieved too. He loved Ryeowook, but family was very important to him. He didn't know if he could have stayed with Ryeowook if Ryeowook's father and mother never accepted him.

"Do you still want to -" Ryeowook started asking, after a while of silence. Slightly hesitant to finish his sentence, because he didn't want to push Jongwoon into anything he didn't want to.

"- find a house together?" Jongwoon finished the sentence, earning an overly enthusiastic nod from Ryeowook, making him smile lovingly. "Of course," he answered happily. Especially now Ryeowook's family seemed content with him, there was basically nothing to stop them from bringing their relationship to a whole different level. 

There was nothing that could stop them from finally being happy together.

Kyuhyun was happy Heechul was dragging him along to Changmin. From what Kyuhyun knew, Changmin was a doctor who als

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter