Final

Awkward Love

.

Kai

.

So, your mum married to this Chinese guy who happened to already have a son. Kai make resume of what Soo had tell him about the house condition of his boyfriend, and you and this four-year-old little boy isn't in good term.

He's not four, he’s FOUR years older than us. Soo said exasperatedly.

So he's your brother.

Not really a brother. Soo sighed. He doesn't like being called as brother. In fact he’s always thinking of me as enemy.

Kai snorted. He must get spoiled too much and never learn to share. It's okay. The taller boy entwined their hands, while thinking about how cute the scowling face of his boyfriend. You still have me, Soo. We’re together in this and he’s just by himself. His ego won’t match to our love.

It’s his big and cheesy mouth talking nonsense promise. Soo knew it. But the boy giggled and played along with his flirt. You’re a jerk, Kai.

Yes, I’m your jerk. He said it proudly, knowing that his bad boy charm was what made everyone falls for him. Girls, boys, old, young, all wanted to be touch and loved by him. In fact, he’s hardly a bad boy. He’s just ordinary, love struck teenagers which always getting dump after people knew he’s not a great kisser, he don’t sleep around and he had ‘teenage’ size of , because –obviously- he’s 16 and he’s still growing. But that’s what you love about me.

Not his , his jerky nature.

Oh just shut up! Kyungsoo hissed lowly, but the boy was still giggling and still holding his hand, so Kai thought, maybe this relationship will work.

.

However, his whole future and dream crashed into a sudden change in next second they arrived at Soo’s front yard. If only Luhan -the step brother of his boyfriend- one second faster going outta house, the blond may break his legs due to run in rush and stepped on his bike which just being laid in front of the house. If only Kai and Soo arrived one second late, they won't move away the bike from pathway and had to witness Luhan having accident instead meeting the tall yet lithe boy with fair skin and hazy light brown eyes, with curt lips beautifully pouting at the stairs steps and made the world around Kai suddenly exploded in glittering rainbow lights.

Ah, Luhan hyung? Soo paled at seeing Luhan bad mood face, I-ah… I’m home…

Soo was standing stiffly while Kai was in love. Like he was trapped in a scene from drama, except that Luhan didn’t look at his way. And it was a very disappointing moment to Kai, for that he stood here, freezing at the sight of this ‘Luhan Hyung’ and even though he’s not really a jerk before, he was now for checking out his boyfriend’s step brother and didn’t even have intention to stop staring or stop salivating over the sharp jawline, the pink lips, the glimpse of perfect torso…

Let go of my bike. Luhan said flatly and both Soo and Kai immediately set the bike up and then moved back to watch luhan walked out the front yard with his bike.

.

Wow. Kai was the one who broke the silence. It’s like an Angel was passed by and time stopped clicking, sent him to the world of dream where he could portray the beauty of Luhan, over and again. Soo forgot to tell him one thing, for sure; the boy had one hell gorgeous brother.

He's scary, right? Soo murmured still with harsh breathing from the tense.

He's pretty.

Huh? Soo looked at Kai in shock and from the doe eyes he could see his reflection and also shocked because of his own words. Before he could explain anything, a five fingers slap –a very hard slap- decorated his face and ended his first trip to Soo’s house and ended their very short love story.

.

Hey, Soo.

No answer.

Don't get angry.

Still no answer.

Fine, Kai sighed to his cell. He was calling Soo to apology and explain, but he can’t do it without making sure Soo was listening. If this is a break up then I'll openly attack your brother.

You're the worst! Numerous bullets of guilt attacked him over and over as he heard the sob from the boy. He’s always the one who get dumped and always dealing with broken heart, so this is a first time he had to hurt someone and he hurt Soo very bad he couldn’t say anything to defend himself, What so good in him, he’s only had face! He was stubborn and childish and grumpy… I'm ten thousands better than him!

Soo, listen…

I don't want to listen anything from you, Kai! I hate you!

And Kai could imagine Soo deleted his phone number soon after and then smashed the phone to the wall, cause that’s what he do when he had to face the painful broke up.

.

Luhan

.

It's all started when his dad falling in love with a Korean woman. Luhan didn’t have objection with it. He met them, a small and cute lady with her shy and flustering son. Luhan always wanted a little brother since he’s the only child and only have older cousin, he anticipated to get close to the boy and hung out together.  However, the anticipation turned into hatred and it was begun at their parents’ wedding day.

There’s a boy named Kris, a close friend to his cousin brother, Sehun and often hung around with him. He had crush over Kris but Kris was straight no matter how hard Luhan tried to bend the guy. He gave up eventually and resigned to his face to just be a 'bestfriend forever' to Kris, until Kris was invited to the wedding and stood next to him at the reception party. For a moment Luhan enjoyed the privilege as Kris friend for that no one could stop him from being this close to the older boy, before Kris whispered huskily at him while pointing at Soo. There, Kris said it with such gentleness and love in his tone, One day I’ll marry that boy.

Stupid Kris, men can't legally marry! At least not in here!

And what so good in Soo, anyway, he's tiny, his eyes were too big, his lips were too thick, and he's...

Luhan sighed. Soo was cute. That's why Kris put interest in. Unlike luhan, he might have baby face smooth skin and all, but he's bitterly tall while the last time he checked, all Kris’s exes only around five feet or so. 

Ah, this is so frustrating. Luhan said as he slammed his bike to the pathway of his house, before he stared up at the sky and sighed loudly.

When will his love life began?

.

The second time they met, Luhan finally recognized Kai. The boy stood at the front gate when he was fetching his bike to go to Campus. He remembered the tall brunette who stood next to the smaller brunette (a.k.a Soo) but at that time he was running late and he couldn’t see it clearly or judge the relationship of the boy with Soo. Now that the boy showed up here and smiled at him, he run a quick check to find a rich kid with stylish unruly hair, wearing gesture from a combination of handsome kinka and school heart breaker from school life drama, nice shoes –Luhan always fond with shoes more than face, he believes people who know how to dress their feet is one of special kind- and nice smile, although fierce gaze trembled his heart slightly, alarmed him with danger that it’s just a stranger and he shouldn’t feel so special to be stared intensely by a smoking hot stranger.

Good morning. Kai waved in greet, which twitching Luhan eyes viciously. Damn. So the boy waited here for him?

Who are you? Luhan grumbled, acting as grumpy and irritated as he could, which was easy cause he’s already are. He disliked this boy already. This boy made his heart thumped wildly.

I'm Kai. The boy followed him when he walked out from the gate and strolling at the sidewalk. I really like you hyung, wanna be my friend?

Luhan rolled his eyes in boredom. What are they, gay version of Elsa and Anna doing musical? Piss off. He said. And stop calling me Hyung!

Really? The stubborn boy kept following and kept trying to converse with him. Can I call you Luhan, then?

Luhan stopped abruptly. He glared at Kai, half because he didn’t have idea when or where Kai got his name and why his name can sound so beautiful, so y when it passed the brunette lips. Ah, even glaring daggerly won't work to this boy’s charm. He could feel his own face fumed in embarrassment instead. Fine, do what you want. Just leave me alone.

Why would I? When he continued his step, Kai was already walking next to him, leaned in to see his face with curious gaze and a childish smirk. When you're already blushing this hard for me?

Whuaaaa! Luhan can't stop his heart from beating too hard, he pushed Kai to the road before he ran as fast as he could.

Behind his back he heard Kai laughed, but whatever the boy murmured to himself didn’t reach Luhan. Kai only stood from the road and smiled. Just like I thought. Kai said. You're just too cute, Luhan.

.

Kai

.

Kai smiled when  Kyungsoo walked into the class and sat next to him, with a pouty face.

Soo…

You're the worst, Kai. Dio whispered lowly.

Kai stared at the front class, remembered again everything about Luhan. The scowl, the cute glare, the red face, they all brought a sheepish smile to his face, an honesty he never do or feel to anyone else before. He’s often attracted to people by face, but never he was captivated like this. usually it’s easy to let in and it’s easy to let go the beauty when they couldn’t accept him as he was. But now, he wanted to capture Luhan and wanted to own Luhan and never wanting to let the older gone. It’s a blind love, he knew. It’s also the form of love and now it spreading through his veins like deadly virus.

There’s something in him, Soo. He said. Something only belongs to him that I want to own for myself.

Are you making fun of me? Soo asked bitterly. How could you describe him like that to me?! I know him! He’s not like me, Kai. He won’t understand you. He’s hardly understood himself and could only life with hatred to the world. How could you ditch me for someone like that?!

It’s true, what Soo had said but Kai answered it in defeat, but my heart can't stop beating because of him.

If he could open a window to Soo’s heart, the wound from yesterday -still bleeding- will get more stabs and filled with more cuts and spilled more blood. It was hurt, probably so hurt that Soo couldn’t stand it anymore and hurled on him, punched him right at his cheek and shouted in rage, ready to place the second attack. Kai, who was shocked at the smearing pain could only in daze when his jaw got the second hit. He managed to grabbed the clenched and red fist which almost get in touch with his left eye and for a moment every sound in class diminished and everyone else stared at them in worry.

Hey you guys, the head of class, Suho, sat up and approached them in worry. What's wrong?

Release me! Soo tried to yank his hand away, but the grip was so strong, the boy had to give up.

It's hurt. Kai murmured at Soo, stating the obvious firmly but with saddened gaze cause he knew he deserved it. Then he turned at Suho and smiled cause he’s not really hurting He’s just surprised that despite the small body, Kyungsoo punched so well. Nothing, Suho. I’m just teasing Soo too much.

Then he returned to see still-angry Soo, I’m sorry, Soo. He realized, he never said sorry for everything he’d done, for giving false hope which crashed Soo’s dream and for chasing a hard way to love someone like Luhan. With that, he released the palm in his grip and immediately a hard slap met his bruised cheek. He grunted lowly, but said nothing, still thinking he deserved it.

Like hell I will forgive you! Soo exclaimed, before the boy looked around and after realizing that they’re still became attention of the class, his voice lowered into a grudging murmur. It's hurt too, you know, everything you say to me…

Kai touched his stinging jaw. I know, I just want you to know, I can't stop myself. I won't stop for what my heart think it's right, no matter how wrong it was.  He got up from his seat. While Soo was reacting to his determined words with more shock and more hatred, Kai averted his attention to the gaping Suho with another smile, I'll go to nursery, maybe I can seduce dr Heechul to treat my wound.

Oh, Okay then, good luck. Suho nodded, still in awe, before he asked Soo, what had happen, actually?

Shut up! Soo barked at him.

Fine, fine, I’ll shut up. Suho sighed and went back to his seat. You guys are very difficult teenagers to deal with.

Stop saying it like you’re an 70-years old grandpa. The boy next to him snickered. You’re just 16, Joonmyeon.

.

Luhan

.

Hi, Lu.

It’s the weird boy from before, Luhan thought when he saw Kai stood by his front gate, smiling. His face was beaten up and Luhan was itchy to ask if the sly manner really brought trouble to this brunette life. He rolled his tongue at the direction of his throat as an attempt to swallow back curious questions and stopped himself from worrying about both Kai’s physical and mental health. He only walked casually at the gate and murmured lowly with, it’s you again.

It's me again. Kai accompanied him walking at the sidewalks.

What do you want? Luhan said accusingly, and felt weird with himself for regretting it. A part of him tried to be nice to Kai, tried to make good impression and probably he’s just so lonely that he wanted Kai to stay with him despite him being so mean.

Truthfully I just want to see you. The younger chuckled. But it will be better if we can be friend.

Friend? Luhan scoffed, almost laughed in mock at the pushy request. But when his eyes met Kai’s, his expression stilled and his heart clenched in mix of emotions. Oh he didn’t know what to do to those deep, dark brown orbs. It as if, it’s okay ditch the whole life time as long as he could stare into Kai’s eyes forever. It’s hard to blink, even harder to break the contact. But he averted his attention anyway and marked himself as creep as his gaze dropped onto Kai’ full, plumpy lips. He bit the inside of his cheek hard so he didn’t have to stutter when he continued his words. Why would I want to be friend to someone like you? He asked ruefully cause now his gaze can’t stop examining the wound on Kai’s jaw.

What’s happen to you, anyway? Are you getting into fight? Are you trying to recruit me to your gang?

He reasoned to himself. He’s a medic student. Of course he’ll be interested with wound and bruise. Just so you know, I’m a medic student. Violence isn’t my nature. There’s no use to recruit me, except if you want someone to hold a body bag.

He rose a hand to touch the skin, medically, but Kai immediately grabbed his palm with a low grumble, Don’t touch it. It’s hurt like hell-… ah… what a warm hand. The change in the boy’s tone from a warning to an honest interest and appreciation made Luhan blushed hard, he couldn’t hide it and he couldn’t reject their shared warmth from their fingers. But he had to yank the kindness away, before it rooted love into his heart. He’s not ready to love again after Kris. He didn’t want to fall in love to anyone else except Kris.

Seriously, what happen to you?! Don't make me hit you, freak!

Sensing his rage, instead taking the clue and leave him alone, Kai chuckled at him with, funny you say it, because I've got this from Soo.

At the mention of Soo, Luhan eyes widened in interest. What has he done to you?

Actually I deserved it. Kai said. I kinda became a jerk to him.

Oh, Luhan realized Kai didn't want to talk about it, so he changed the subject. Do you already see any doctor?

Yeah, and it's just bruises, not really harmful, then Kai realize something and said, thank you for worrying over me.

Luhan averted his gaze, blushing again, I-I'm not worry, just medically curious. I’m a medic student, remember?

When he turned at Kai again, the boy had this gleaming look on him, and at that time, Luhan realized their hands 'mysteriously' entwined again in between their bodies and for this second time he tried hard not to break the hold. He never hold hands before and so he blamed it to his curiosity to let Kai held him. It's a very simple act of romance and it's surprisingly rushed his blood and attacked him with slight dizzyness at the wonder, what will happen to him if they did more. Not that he wanted to romantically involved with Kai.

He gulped down all his disturbing thought about how dreamy Kai was and asked, by the way, are you skipping school?

Just for you. Kai answered without doubt, hitting him straight in the heart and gave him a stupid heart attack.

Why? He cringed. He began worried with himself. He didn't want to fall in love and he was sure he would now.

Because I want to see you. there's no sweet smile or sly grin, anything to prove that he was only being played and the boy only wanted to win his attention. But Kai still looked so serious yet at the same time, so gentle that the thick wall of defense in his heart cracked from the wave after wave of emotions.

Why? Foolishly he asked again, now desperate might be shown from his low whimper.

Nobody should want me. He told himself. Nobody should wanting to sacrifice everything to see me.

I don't know. Kai answer left him stung but he also feel glad that Kai didn't just confess to him cause they both know it's too soon and there'll be only rejection coming from Luhan. Ask my heart, it's the one who kept pulling me to you.

.

End

.

 

How was it? ^^