Chapter 4

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was in the middle of discussing with his lecturer about some group assignment he had with a few of his friends. He listened obediently at the lecturer’s explanation at first but it all gone away when he saw the figure that he’s been waiting to see since the moment he stepped into the campus.

‘Thank you, sir.’ The others cooed as the lecturer finished explaining to them. Chanyeol bowed to him as well showing his gratitude towards his help but his eyes still glancing towards the exit wanting to get out of there immediately.

‘So, who’s going-‘

‘We’ll discuss about this later, can we?’ Chanyeol interrupted Minseok who is about to assign their parts.

‘Okay.’ Minseok replied hesitantly while getting weird at Chanyeol’s act as if he needs to rush off to somewhere.

Chanyeol took that as a yes before dashing out immediately trying to chase after Haneul. When he felt that his distance between him and Haneul wasn’t that far, he stopped running and walked with a smile while watching that girl’s back.

He stretched his arm poking Haneul’s shoulder on the right side making Haneul turned to her right  to look at who did that to her but turned back ahead to look at the other side.

‘BAH!’ Chanyeol surprised her when they met eyes and Haneul was about to stumbled backwards while shrieking in shock at the sight of Chanyeol.

Chanyeol grabbed her by her waist when he realized that she’s about to fall. ‘Are you okay?’ he asked while chuckling at Haneul’s reaction.

‘Chanyeol.’ Haneul whined with a frown irritated at the guy’s action. She could feel her heart is about to burst out of her chest when he surprised her.

Chanyeol laughed heartily happy at tricking her. ‘This is a payback for the last time.’ he said while facing fully to Haneul.

‘I didn’t know you were a revenge type of person.’ Haneul narrowed her eyebrows.

‘I’m not but I just felt like doing it to you. Where are you going?’ he asked curiously.

‘To the library.’ She answered while starting to continue her walk.

‘You’re a library person.’ He stated as he digested the fact that he just found out about Haneul.

‘I guess you’re not?’ She shook her head while asking.

‘Not that I didn’t like it but I only go there when I needed to. Like near the finals,’ Chanyeol mumbled the latter part.

Haneul chuckled at his answer before replying ‘A lot of people do that.’  And Chanyeol nodded in return.

‘You’re alone? Where is Soojin?’ He asked as he looked around Haneul.

Haneul’s smile faded and followed where Chanyeol is looking at. ‘Are you searching for Soojin?’ Now that they’re mentioning Soojin, her mind seemed to flash back to the time Soojin told her that she likes Chanyeol.

‘No, I didn’t mean that. It’s just that if you’re alone, let’s have lunch together?’ he asked awkwardly because he still embarrassed for being quite obvious to Haneul.

‘Sure but I need to go to the library first.’ She showed the thick books in her hands.

‘Yeah. If you don’t mind, I can go to the library with you. That books look so heavy, let me help you with that.’ He gave an excuse while grabbing a book from Haneul trying to help her out. She saw Haneul chuckled while shaking her head at his behavior for giving such a silly excuse. He likes seeing her laugh. Her bright face and the cheery sound made him felt like he needs to do an attempt once a day to let him see and hear that.

‘Then, after you’re done, we can go have lunch. I’m pretty available now.’ he said while smiling brightly. ‘I mean, I’m available until 3 because I have no class in between.’ He corrected after he thought about what he said before sounded quite wrong.

‘Okay.’ Haneul murmured with her eyes looking at the ground as she walked.

‘Okay?’ he repeated her words because he barely heard her.

Haneul looked up looking back to those puppy eyes that has been staring at her. ‘Okay.’ she smiled softly at him.

 

 

Both Minseok and Jongdae’s arrival received much attention from their friends as they kept on babbling about something that the others didn’t even know. Well, Jongdae is the one who made a lot of noise like he always was and Minseok most likely replied because he needed to.

‘Are you sure Chanyeol is going to be alright with us deciding on his parts?’ Minseok asked unsurely.

‘What could be so bad about making few paragraphs of introduction of the topic and the conclusion? Moreover, he’s the likely person to do it since he’s really good at paraphrasing.’ Jongdae replied confidently knowing that Minseok is just scared for no reason.

‘Even if he’s going to be mad at you, it’ll be over after a day. Chanyeol gets over things easily.’ Jongin waved it off. ‘Not like this brat…’ he glared from the corner of his eyes at the person next to him.

‘What problem did you make this time, Kim Jongin?’ Minseok asked already getting used to the small bicker Jongin had with Sehun.

Sehun shook his head to the other two opposite of them asking not to mind Jongin making them laugh at Jongin’s childish act.

‘I’m going to request for a room change next semester.  I can’t stand him.’ Jongin muttered. ‘Wait, what did you want to say about Chanyeol just now?’ Jongin asked as his eyes scanned on something over Minseok’s shoulder.

‘I want to divide our parts for our group assignment but that guy dashes off without I could say anything about it like something is going on.’ Minseok explained with a weird face at how sudden Jongin changes the topic back.

‘I think that’s what’s going on.’ Jongin smirked while pointing at the sight in front of him.

Both Minseok and Jongdae turned their body around to look at what Jongin mentioned about and they nodded their heads in understanding. ‘He got himself a girl.’ Jongdae voiced out.

Sehun watched Chanyeol’s interaction with Haneul just the same like the other three as well. But not as giddy as they look like now at finding out that Chanyeol is with a girl. The guys started gossiping on Chanyeol putting their full attention on the couple right in front of them.

‘How long has Chanyeol broke up with...what’s that girl’s name?’ Jongdae asked as he took a glance on Jongin for a while b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter