Chapter 14

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘No. Of course not. Why would I like her?’ he frowned while his eyes awkwardly looked away from Luhan not sure why he would asked him such question.

‘I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking.’ Luhan raised his eyebrows.

‘How’s the baseball match?’ Sehun asked changing the topic. It was such an uncomfortable topic to be talking about even though he didn’t have any feelings for that girl. Anyone would feel overwhelmed when someone asked such question to them even though it’s clearly not true.

‘Don’t talk about it. I lose the bet to them. For the first time, my team lost.’ Luhan answered irritatingly carried away by Sehun’s question. ‘Wait, yah why are you changing the topic?’ he raised his voice when he knew what Sehun’s trying to do. He sighed while shaking his head to Sehun. ‘Don’t try to create any trouble, Sehun.’ He eyed Sehun seriously before passing the guy to go back in joining the group.

All of them planned to play basketball the next morning before they retreated back to their rooms to sleep. Tomorrow morning, Jongin got down to the court meeting with some of them who were already sitting at the side and playing around with the ball waiting for the rest to come.

‘Where’s Sehun?’ Minseok asked when he saw Jongin showed up alone.

‘I thought he’s here?’ Jongin asked while scratching his head. He didn’t even know where his roommate had gone to. ‘He’s already gone when I got out of the shower.’ He continued.

 

 

Putting two small cartons of milk with a newspaper in the bag hanging at the gate, Haneul strode back to her bicycle continuing her journey delivering all the newspapers and milk around the neighborhood. Cycling for a little bit and stop for another second to put the newspapers one by one at each houses seemed to be taking a lot more time and energy. With holding a newspaper getting ready to throw it over the wall of the house while the other hand on the handlebars to keep herself stable on the road, Haneul tried to work multitasking making the delivery to each houses faster than before.

While trying to aim for a good direction to throw and focusing on the force she’ll be putting, Haneul didn’t realized that she was too focused on throwing that she wasn’t aware of what was ahead of the road. She cheered mentally when the throw succeeds passing by the wall to the neighbor's garden but when she turned her head back to the road, Haneul’s eyes widened at the sight of Sehun walking towards her in the middle of the road with her bicycle already out of control. She immediately made a turn to the right preventing from hitting Sehun who is much as surprise as she is to see what’s coming to him, and lose a complete control over the bicycle.

Rather than Sehun getting hurt from getting crash by her, she’s the one probably injured from the fall she had after the bicycle hit the wall. Haneul dusted off her elbow to look at the scratches she had while pouting at how stings it was.

‘You should have looked where you’re going.’ Sehun remarked making Haneul turned her attention from her wounded elbow to the guy.

She scoffed in disbelief while still sitting down on the ground next to her fallen bicycle. ‘Thank you for blaming me.’ she sarcastically said for Sehun’s early statement.

‘Then it’s my fault?’ he asked still standing on the same spot from before.

‘Well, I would say it’s partly your fault.’ Haneul stood up while dusting off her jeans. ‘You shouldn’t have walk in the middle of the road. If you walk by the side, it wouldn’t have happen.’ she continued confidently. Sehun wasn’t that intimidated to her anymore. Maybe it’s because she found out that it’s just his nature to be acting up that way. So now, rather than giving in to him, she felt she needed to do the same as well.

‘If you look ahead and watch where you’re going, it wouldn’t have happen as well.’ Sehun replied.

‘I didn’t say it’s not my fault but I’m just saying it’s partly yours as well.’ she raised her voice a little higher making herself clear to him.

Sehun shook his head at the girl’s act thinking that he’s too lazy to be dealing with this early in the morning. He then realized there are some cartons of milk spilt over the road because of the crash. Sehun walked towards her making Haneul jerked a little bit to the back surprised at his sudden approach.

‘Fine. Since you said it’s partly my fault, then take this.’ he handed a few cash to her. ‘I told you I don’t want it.’ he muttered lowly before walking passed her leaving her alone with his broken bicycle at the side of the road.

‘I told you I want to pay back so I don’t want it back. How many times do I have to tell you?’ she asked as she catches his pace.

‘How many times do I have to tell you I don’t want it either?’ he shot back annoyed with her stubbornness.

‘But I insist.’ She stood in front of him blocking his way. ‘Fine, I can’t pay for your priceless kindness you have done to me, Oh Sehun. But take this for the train tickets, all the expenses that I used your money on during the time we went to Daegu, okay?’ she said tired on having this on again with him.

‘Okay. Then I’m paying for the spilt milk back with this money which is already mine because you made it such a big deal that it’s partly my fault right?’ Sehun said sounding almost like mocking.

‘I don’t need this.’ she gave it back to him.

‘What do you want me to do?’ he snapped.

Haneul looked down with her expression soften looking quite disappointed making him wonder why. She looked back to him straight with her frustrated face already faded away. ‘A “sorry” wasn’t that hard to say, you know.’ She muttered then heading back to her bicycle.

Haneul pulled her bicycle up and leaned it against the wall to see that the chain is out of its place. Now she has to fix it back before cycling it around to continue her delivery. She groaned when the lubricant from the chain got onto her hand while she was putting it back on the chain ring and her efforts on fixing it turned out to be nothing since the chain came out of its place again.

‘Meanie.’ She murmured to herself when she felt that Sehun is already gone out of the picture probably heading back home without feeling any guilty.

While she was about to explode in frustration at how hard this is, she was shocked when she glance to the side seeing Sehun showing up next to her out of nowhere. He scowled looking at how incapable Haneul is at doing such things with her hands covered by the black lubricant yet she still couldn’t get it done yet.

‘Your hands will get dirty.’ She said when she saw Sehun grabbed the chain from her. Sehun ignored her no matter what she said acting like he wasn’t listening to any of these. He failed putting it at first but succeeded after a few attempts. He moved the pedals around to see if it can move and when it did, Haneul realized that there was a slight smile on his face.

Sehun can be random at times. Just like how he followed her last time to the restaurant when she left her keys in her locker, he actually came along with her doing the delivery. Since he was following her, her delivery got slower because she can’t cycle. But it was a nice feeling to have a company anyway.

When they reached to this one house, an old woman happened to come out with her cute puppy making her accidentally met both of them. Instead of putting the milk and the newspaper in the bag hanging at the gate, Haneul gave those straight to her after greeting the elder.

‘Thank you.’ the old woman chimed. ‘I didn’t know such a pretty lady delivering the milk and the newspaper around the neighborhood.’ She continued

‘You have such a cute puppy.’ Haneul spoke up when the old woman let her pat the dog.

‘Who is that young man?’ she whispered while smiling sheepishly. ‘Your boyfriend?’

‘Ah… that,’ Haneul glanced to look at the emotionless Sehun before facing the elder back. A friend? They’re obviously not friends. An acquaintance? Didn’t  that sounding quite mean? Neighbors? Maybe…. That sounds better.

‘I’m her friend.’ Sehun spoke up obviously listening to their con

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter