Chapter 24

Blind Date
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol saw everything. He was about to get out of the car to greet Haneul like how he always did when he saw her coming out and she realized his car parked at the side but stopped when the familiar figure stepped into the scene unexpectedly out of  nowhere. That familiar figure that always made him uneasy whenever he heard it from Haneul. His best friend. His rival. Oh Sehun. 

Sehun literally yanked Haneul back so that she would turn back and faced him. Having frustration displayed on Sehun's face, he hissed something under his breath that made Chanyeol wonder what they are talking about that seemed so serious. It irked him to see how harsh Sehun is being to Haneul but that irk feeling got even more worse when he saw the next thing happened. He was shocked at his bold move. He can feel his heart wrenched in pain deep inside. He could feel his anger is about to blown up in any second. She is his girl. Even though they aren't officially together, she is his in the first place. He remembered that he already made that clear by telling that he has interest in her. And he told that especially to Sehun before.

The feeling was slowly changing to full anger. Not only Sehun but the thoughts that she just gave in to him and let him kiss her made him angry. She obviously avoided him when he tried to initiate it during the day when they went to Han River. But why didn't she do that to Sehun? Wasn't she found it a little bit too much on her? Since she never gone through it before? She felt uncomfortable, he had always thought of that.

Those words playing inside his heads all combined making him ended up to one conclusion. It was just an excuse. It has been an excuse that she used to avoid him. All along. How stupid was he for having been thinking of her like that? She has been pushing him away since beginning. How more stupid can he be for not realizing?

 

 

Both of them pulled away slowly trying to catch their breath. Sehun opened his eyes staring at Haneul who still has her eyes close. His palms were still at the side of her face, treasuring the softness of her skin that sparks him. He didn't pulled away that much, keeping close distance but comfortable enough for both of them. When Haneul seemed ready to open her eyes, she flickered it open making them locked eyes onto each other as if reading through each other's soul. 

'I-' The word slipped out of Sehun's lips but he didn't manage to continue when a sudden haul interrupting them. Haneul widened her eyes when she saw Chanyeol giving a one big punch across Sehun's face. Sehun's legs were about to give in to such force coming from Chanyeol but when he regained his composure, he looked up boring Chanyeol with a glare before he started to make a counterattack on him. 

It happened super fast that Haneul was basically too dumbfounded to react. Sehun pushed Chanyeol hard against the brick wall with his hands grabbing on his collar, looking pissed. 'What the is wrong with you?' he hissed, face tighten. Chanyeol really got onto his nerves when he threw a punch on him. Where did he even came from? Sehun questioned at his existence but anger was overpowering him. 

'The is wrong with me?' Chanyeol asked with his eyebrows raised purposely adding fuel to Sehun's fury.

Sehun wanted to throw another punch as a revenge on him but Haneul's cry stop him. 'Stop. Please, Sehun. Just stop.' Haneul begged right at the side of both of them. He hated when he became weak at the sound of Haneul. His hand clenched tightly ready to break the hell out of his face but he couldn't move when he heard her. Now that Sehun let his guards off, Chanyeol took the chance and took over him. Chanyeol was not done with him yet. A punch on his face didn't relieve the anger in him. He wasn't satisfied yet. He loathed the most when he felt people are taking him like a fool. Even if they weren't, he still felt like one. He tried to do everything to please her. To impress her. So that she would look at him. If almost half of the girls in campus could be swooned by him, why Haneul wasn't one of them? Why did the girl he wanted didn't feel that way towards him? And why it has to be his best friend?

'I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry.' she repeated while grabbing both on their sleeves. 

Chanyeol let Sehun go harshly and his intense gaze didn't fade even when he faced her. 'This is why you keep pushing me away?' he cleared his throat, looking in disbelief. 'I have no idea.' he snickered while ruffling his hair. 'No, I actually has a slight idea that it might have been since you keep mentioning him but...' he took a breath. 'I believe too much in you. I trust you so much that I'm thinking what have I been doing all this while when everything is only going down the drain?' he muttered, a glimpse of sad washed over his face. Disappointed. Upset. Dejected.

Haneul didn't move an inch and couldn't stop crying after Chanyeol said that. He left the spot without even waiting for her to explain because he knew that there's nothing left for her to say. She felt really bad. What Chanyeol said is true. He did so much for her for nothing. And just what she has done? Nothing. Of course he would feel regret and disappointed in her.

Chanyeol marched towards his car and pressed hard on the accelerator driving out of the place without sparing a look on her.

 

 

'You know, I saw Chanyeol and Haneul in the hallway just now and they both acted like they didn't know each other.'

'Not they but he. Chanyeol is the one who acted indifference towards her. You can see how desperate she is wishing for Chanyeol to talk to her.'

'I guess Chanyeol already got sick of her, huh?'

Mina snickered when he heard a few girls in her lecture were gossiping about the recent rumors that has been going around for few days. She wondered if she was receiving that kind of remarks from the people around in the campus when she and Chanyeol decided to end their relationship. Or it could have been more worse than this. Mina is used to this. Ever since she was in high school, a lot of girls were never really fond of her. The fact that she had always been the pretty girl in school somehow made a lot of girls in the school envy her. There wasn't any much difference even when she entered university. She is still the typical popular girl since a lot of guys from her school are actually admitted to the same university as well. 

She knew a lot of people know her from then and she received quite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter