Chapter II

Escape
CHAPTER II
 


It wasn’t long until I woke up from my deep slumber, finding I was being carried by someone. As we arrived at the destination, I found it was a room, or rather something resembling a classroom, full of guys. They were wearing uniforms, and to my surprise, so was I. I have no idea who it was that changed my clothes, or how I even came into possession of this uniform. It was all so strange. The memories I could remember were fractured, incomplete. The parts that were still there left me in confusion. There was a memory of when I was 12, and at the orphanage with someone whose face is blurred. Then it skipped to my 16th birthday. I was celebrating it with people whose faces are also blurred, then everything went… orange? I had no idea why or how this was happening.


“And right now, you don’t even know who you are either.”


He has a point, but I’m not exactly in the mood to accept that fact, especially since I don’t even know how I got to this place with them. For all I know they kidnapped me and hit me in the head to make me forget everything and hallucinate all this.


“Okay. I’m not gonna lie. I’m pretty freaked out with all of you here. And I don’t know what powers you’re talking about or how that psychotic creep over there can read my mind. All I want right now, is to get the hell out of here.” I stated as I stood up from the desk. “I’m gonna get out of here and get all my memories back, if that’s even possible.”


However before I could even step close to the door, someone had swung it open, proceeding to slam it shut right after coming in. Another guy. Do females not exist in… wherever I am?


“Oh he’s here.” I heard someone mutter. And who is this ‘he’ exactly?


He looked at me with such intensity that I couldn’t bear to maintain eye contact with him.


He strode towards me and grabbed both of my wrists. “Did he send you here?” He questioned, with eyes still fierce as ever. His grasp was too tight but no words could come out of my mouth to express the pain, not even a single yelp.


“Jungkook.” The tall guy that had asked for my power called out. Was that this guy’s name? “Calm down bro.”


“Shut up! I’m already tired of the that’s going on around here. She might be a spy sent by that tard principal.” He growled, tightening his grasp on my wrists even more.


I have to do something. I took a deep breath and noticed something about him - he was shaking.


“Burn him.” A voice in my mind startled me. “You can do it. Come on.” I don’t know if I’m just hallucinating or if someone is really talking to me in my mind, but either way it’s insane.


“I’ll repeat. Did he send you here?”


“N-No.” I answered as I stared back at him. His eyes were still the same – sharp, cold, intense and, in my opinion at least, quite mysterious.


He snorted. “I’m getting impatient here, okay? Just tell the truth.”


Does he not understand the word ‘no’? I clenched my fists. He’s starting to get on my nerves, what with attacking me and having my wrists in a grip so hard that I can barely feel my hands.


“I don’t even know what or who you’re talking about.” I responded.


He scoffed. “Then what can you do, huh? You know what I could do to you right now? I could just take the ing oxygen out of your environm—“

 

He didn’t finish his sentence as his face’s expression suddenly changed from grim, to a face as if he’d been struck by something. I felt his grip on my wrists loosen and I watched as his body collapsed onto the floor, in agony by the looks of it.

 

“He just came from Building 3 right?”

 

The other guys came and assisted him. “That’s what he gets for always trying to escape.” I heard one of them mutter.

 

I stood there, quite surprised and baffled, watching as they carry him away. What’s Building 3 and what does it have to do with what just happened?

 

“Sorry about that juvenile delinquent, I’m Kris.” The tall guy approaches me. “I can totally understand that you’re in the middle of trying to comprehend all this and that you still don’t know the answer to my question about what you possess.” As if my voice was caught in my throat, I just stared at him as he continued. “Did anybody say welcome to you yet?” I shook my head. “What’s your name?”

 

“Park Yoonhee.” The words came out automatically. I was surprised that I still know my own name, let alone that I have the strength to speak it after all this.

 

“Yoonhee huh? Welcome to The Academy.”

 

 

I was sitting quietly at a desk, next to a boy named Taehyung who has been smiling and staring at me the whole time. He was so weird, as was the other boy next to him. I hate it when people stare.

 

Kris told me that I’m in a school, a boarding school. That is the answer as to why we are wearing uniforms. But I didn’t want to accept this supply of limited information. I need more answers to my questions, such as how come that I forgot most of the things about me excluding my name? How are some parts of my memory suddenly gone?

 

I stood up and walked towards the door. If they can’t answer my questions, then I’m gonna go seek them myself.

 

“Hey where are you going?” Someone asks, while the others just follow me with their gazes.

 

“Just let her. She can’t go anywhere though.”

 

“Class is gonna start soon.” That was Taehyung’s voice but I ignored it.

 

An empty hallway greeted me as soon as I stepped outside the classroom. The aura was heavy but I still managed to walk along the seemingly never-ending hallway.

 

With every step the sound of my shoe making contact with the marble floor echoed through the hallway. I continued to walk, disregarding the loud sound that my every step makes. Soon enough, I found another door – identical to that of the room I just came out from, except that the sign embossed on it says ‘Class A’. So this is indeed a school, at least that much was true.

 

I was staring at the sign, quietly trying to comprehend things when footsteps from another person coming near came to perception. Suddenly a girl with long brown hair, fair skin and a beautiful face wearing the same uniform as I, appeared right in front of me.

 

I stared, scrutinizing her, as she did the same.

 

“Hi.” She greeted and I can somewhat sense reluctance in her voice. “Do you need something?”

 

I shook my head, unable to speak for a moment.

 

“Are you perhaps in this class? A new student? How come I didn’t know?” She was clearly confused about me.

 

“N-no, actually, I’m from one of the neighbouring classes, I was just looking around.” I croaked. “And yes, I’m new.”

 

“Ohh, thanks for clearing that up. By the way, I’m Krystal. What class are you from then?” She smiled.

 

“I’m Yoonhee and I’m from Class D.”

 

Her expression changed visibly. She stayed silent for five seconds while just staring at me. I can already feel the growth in hostility towards me.

 

“Okay. Well, nice to meet you then.” She said for the last time and entered the door that leads to the Class A classroom.

 

What was the matter? I was hoping to be friends with her but… I guess she didn’t like me?

 

I shrugged and was about to take a step past the Class A classroom when someone spoke. “Who told you that you could talk to someone from the Class A?” It was a deep, hoarse voice and suddenly, someone from my class has appeared. He was one of those who silent guys in my class. “Didn’t you know it’s forbidden for us to talk to or even go near them?” He asked.

 

Well of course I wouldn’t know because apparently, I’m new in this school. “I didn’t know.” I simply answered. “Who are you?”

 

“I’m just someone who knows some little things about you that you also know. They call me Himchan.” He was starting to be a little creepy, as if he was a stalker of mine from the past or something.

 

“But I also know some things about you that you that you don’t know.” He added this to his already creepy statement.

 

“Would you, with all due respect, leave me alone?”

 

All I wanted was some time for myself, to be able to have all this sink into my mind.

 

“You are Park Yoonhee who just turned sixteen, a month ago. You are an orphan, and lived in an orphanage with someone who I would guess is your older brother, but you seemed to be adopted soon after and got separated from him.” He stated leaving me utterly speechless. Being in an orphanage was indeed in my memory but, an older brother?

 

“I can read and manipulate minds. And I believe, you can manipulate fire, just like him.” Himchan continued. “Anyways, class is gonna start soon and you don’t wanna be late on your first day.”

 

He started to walk away while I was left, dumbfounded, with even more things to fit into the puzzle which is my memory.
 

 
Author's Note:
Slow updates because I'm so busy with school T~T