One

Hopeless

" Just be true to who you are~ "

Irene finished off the song with a strum of her guitar, before looking at the girl in front of her, lifting her eyebrows. The girl in front of her seemed to be in dazed with mouth hanged open, not moving an inch. Irene flicked her fingers and the girl finally responded to her.

" Huh? Wh-what? " said the girl.

Irene chuckled, " Seriously, Seul? You were zoning off when I was singing..? "

Seulgi frowned, " It wasn't zoning off, it's called as, mesmerizing. "

Irene rolled her eyes, smirking afterwards, " Yea, right. So my voice mesmerize you, huh? "

" Yea, and your presence itself already captivates me.. " Seulgi blurted out.

Irene was taken aback at Seulgi's words. Seulgi didn't seem to purposely say those as she was also equally shocked at her own words.

" Oh, I'm sorry, it was random. Don't mind it.. " Seulgi stuttered.

Irene reached out to hold Seulgi's hand, but the girl avoided the touch. Irene felt something weird, and she decided to just ask Seulgi about it. Seulgi was weird around her. Weird as in...

" Seul, do you by chance, like me? " Irene boldly asked.

Seulgi shot her head upwards, eyes wide as she stared at Irene in pure shock. Irene's face was serious, and it intimidated Seulgi.

It's now... or never.

" Joohyun, I- "

" Joohyun~~ Oh, Seulgi is here too! "

A girl appeared at the hallway, with some bags in both of her hands. Irene's girlfriend, Wendy. Irene spared a glance at Seulgi before getting up from the couch, welcoming her girlfriend. Wendy hugged her and pecked her on the lips, and Irene could see that Seulgi immediately tore her eyes away from them. Wendy giggled, showing the bags full of food to Irene.

" Look, I bought some pizzas for us! Let's eat together, and Seul, you can join us! " Wendy grinned.

Seulgi got up, picking all of her stuffs, " No, it's okay. I have to meet Joy later.. Thanks for the offer, have fun. "

Irene sent Seulgi to the door, and grabbed Seulgi's wrist as the girl was about to leave.

" We'll talk again some other time, sorry. " said Irene, softly.

Seulgi let out a small smile, almost unwilling, " There's nothing to talk about, Irene. Bye. "

Irene sighed heavily as she stared at Seulgi's back from afar. She closed the door as soon as Seulgi disappeared from her view, and ran to the kitchen when she heard Wendy called for her.

*

Joy glanced at Seulgi once in awhile ; the girl in front of her seemed to be bothered about something as she didn't even touch the food. She seemed distracted about something. Joy put down the cutleries, gulping on her drinks before calling out for Seulgi.

" What's wrong? Did something happened? " asked Joy, breaking the silence between two of them.

Seulgi finally diverted her attention to the younger girl instead of staring outside the window. She didn't quite get what Joy's question referred to. Sensing that Seulgi didn't get her, Joy sighed and went straight to her point.

" Irene again? "

Joy hated to mention Irene's name, she knew Seulgi liked - no, she realize that Seulgi loved her, she loved Irene. She tried not to talk about Irene and Wendy that much, though both of them were their friends, as she didn't want Seulgi to be all sad and gloomy when they hanged out together. But this time, she couldn't help but to talk about her.

Seulgi breathed hard, " Am I that obvious? "

Joy stirred on her drinks before answering, " Well, I can tell that you're obviously like her, Seulgi unnie. "

Seulgi chuckled lowly, " So it's that obvious, huh? No wonder... "

" What's wrong? " asked Joy.

One minute silence passed, and Seulgi opened again, after contemplating whether to tell Joy about it or not, " Irene asked me if I like her.. "

Joy gasped, " What? Did you tell her then? "

Seulgi shook her head, " I was about to, but Wendy came at the moment. So I excused myself.. "

" So, you were really planning to confess to Irene..? " Joy frowned, arms crossed.

Seulgi shrugged, " It's now or never, Sooyoung. I can't keep it to myself any longer, I like her more day by day... It suffocates me.. "

A sigh escaped Joy's lips, " Then what? What do you expect from her? She has Wendy, unnie.. "

Seulgi laughed, but Joy knew better that was a bitter one.

" I don't know, Joy, I really don't know. "

" You know she won't like you that way, unnie.. " Joy bit her lip, afraid that she might hurt Seulgi's feelings with her words.

Seulgi gave a small smile, before nodding her head.

" Yea, I know. But I'm hopeless... "

*

 Seulgi saw Irene from afar, laughing happily with Wendy and she decided not to bump with them. She didn't want to face Irene, as of the moment, not when Wendy was around. So she turned her heels quickly and started to walk off from there, but she stopped soon afterwards.

" Seul, wait! Hey! "

Seulgi groaned when she turned her body, and Irene already saw her. The older girl caught up on her, Wendy was nowhere to be seen.

" What? " spoke Seulgi, avoiding the gaze that Irene gave her.

Irene grabbed her hand, " We need to talk. Come with me. School's over anyway. "

Seulgi's heart skipped a beat at the sudden contact, she tried to escape from the grip, but Irene held on her tight. Before she knew, Irene already dragged her outside of the school, heading to her car before drifting its way to somewhere.

*

 Seulgi was beyond nervous when Irene led her to her room, locked it before asking her to sit on the bed. Her stomach twisted as Irene sat beside her, looking at her intently. Seulgi's eyes wandered to everywhere, except the girl beside her. She gasped when Irene grabbed a hold of her face, forcing her to look at her.

" Look at me, and tell me. No one gonna disturb us today, so just tell me everything. You've been avoiding me for the past few days. What's wrong? " Irene said.

Seulgi stared at Irene, " Nothing's wrong, Irene. I've been really busy, that's all. "

" Lies. I know you're lying. You know I can read people's mind, so there's no point of lying, Seul. " Irene sternly said.

Seulgi didn't answer. Silence consumed them for a good five minutes. And Irene hated that, she hated the fact that Seulgi behaved like this around her. She just wanted Seulgi to tell the truth.

Irene blurted out, " Do you like me? "

Seulgi broke their gaze and stared at her lap, she didn't know what to say, what to answer. Joy was right after all, if she told her the truth, nothing's gonna changed between them, Irene has Wendy, and maybe they would grew apart if she ever confessed. Seulgi didn't want that. As much as it hurts her to witness Irene and Wendy, she never wanted to slip away from Irene.

Irene's soft voice interrupted her thoughts, " Seul, it's okay to tell me the truth.. Okay? Be honest with me, that's all I ask from you. "

Seulgi let out a heavy sigh before looking at Irene. She didn't know what would happen after she confessed, she would accept whatever consequences of her action. Now, she just wanted Irene to see her, to notice her, to know how much she liked her.

" Yes, Irene. I like you. I really like you, to the point that I would gone crazy if these feelings won't fade. " told Seulgi, finally letting her wall to crumble down right in front of Irene.

Irene was calm. Seulgi didn't expect that she could remained calm at this situation. She kinda hated that, thinking that Irene didn't take her seriously, yet she felt relieved at the same time because Irene didn't slap her or shooed her away from her house. Her heart was beating painfully fast as she waited for Irene to say something. It felt uncomfortable, the tensed atmosphere choked her. She wanted to run from there, yet her mind won't let her do so.

" Is that true? " Irene finally spoke.

Seulgi nodded her head, bracing herself for whatever Irene gonna said to her.

Irene smiled, " Is it that hard to tell me the truth, Seul? It wasn't that hard, wasn't it? "

Seulgi frowned, " It is hard for me, Irene. Confessing to someone that already has a lover, isn't that crazy? And I don't get it why you still act calm.. "

Irene chuckled. Seulgi didn't like it. It was as if Irene thought it was a joke when it took every ounce of her to confess to her. It was embarassing. Seulgi grabbed her bag, and got up from the bed, wanting to leave when a pair or arms wrapped around her from behind. She swore her heart nearly jumped out from the close contact with Irene.

" Don't go. Stay with me. We're gonna sort this thing out, together.. " Irene spun Seulgi around, making them facing each other.

Seulgi didn't get to answer as Irene slowly closed the gap between them, capturing her lips, making Seulgi lose herself in Irene's gentle kisses and touches.

 

*