That Night

Girls' Generation 2022

After taking a quick dip in the sea Yoona runs towards Seunggi who she found sulking under the umbrella.

"What's with your expression?" she questions taking a seat in his lap.

Without saying a word Seunggi got up from his seat before covering her with a towel, "You are receiving a lot of attention", he says gesturing to a group of guys sitting at the nearby bar, all their attentions set on Yoona who couldn't stop the smile from forming on her face.

"Are you jealous right now?" she questions poking fun at him, "come on baby you have nothing to worry about, the reason they haven't come over is because they see me with my y star of a husband and they know they can't competite with that", she adds sitting in his lap before kissing him on the lips.

"You are have a way with words", Seunggi comments laughing.

"Well well aren't we having fun here", Taewoo says walking over to the two with his wife and daughter behind him, "this was our lucky day because there aren't a lot of people at the beach today".

"Yeah it is just what we hoped for", Seunggi tells him before taking a sip of his drink, "it has been so long since I have been able to enjoy time at the beach  like this".

Taewoo nods, "Believe or not me too", he confesses much to Seunggi's surprise, "we are busy with the business 24/7 and when we do get a break we decide to just spend the time at hime with Simeon".

"Makes sense", Seunggi nods in understanding, "as soon as I get back I have like a bizillion shoots and interviews as well as preparation for my upcoming album".

"You're a hallyu start my friend so this is all expected", Taewoo says leaning back in his chair, "my sister will be happy to know that you're coming out with your new album".

"Ahh how is she by the way?" Seunggi questions, "she has been doing her own thing since TWICE disbanded right?"

"Yeah it seems she has found her true love now though which is acting", Taewoo explains as they both watched Mina and Yoona talk, Simeon busy looking for sea shells, "she said she found someone she loves but she isn't ready to introduce him to us, so I am a bit worried".

Seunggi smiles before resting a reassuring hand on his friend's shoulder, "Don't worry, your sister is a smart person, so you should know she is capable of making good decisions", to which Taewoo nodded in agreement.

"Honey, I think we should show these two our favourite dining spot tonight", Mina insists sitting down before taking up the bottle of sun tan lotion to apply some to her skin.

"Yeah why not", Taewoo agrees before turning his attention to commotion coming from the other side of the beach, "wow looks like they are going to shoot here today".

"How long will they be here?" Yoona questions glancing back at Taewoo.

"Hmm four about four days or so", Taewoo replies, "you guys head back on monday right?"

"Yeah that's the plan so that I'll be able to take Chaewon to school before I head to work", Seunggi explains.

While the men talked Yoona pulled Mina to the side.

"Unnie, if you don't mind, can you still show us the place but let us have dinner by ourself?" Yoona whispers.

"Sure I don't mind, I will deal with it", Mina agrees with a smile.

Yoona smiles, "Thank you, there is something really important that I want to tell him".

____________________________

That night Yoona took out the little black dress she had been saving for a while that showed off her bag and most importantly her gorgeous long legs. She was grateful to Mina for giving her an amazing up do that highlighted her long neck.

"You look.....wow", Mina comments after helping her to apply red lipstick, "Seunggi oppa is one lucky guys".

"Thank you", Yoona replies before turning to look in the mirror, happy with how the dress fitted her every curves.

Walking down the stairs Yoona was greeted by a stunned Seunggi at the bottom of the steps and an amused Taewoo and Mina.

"Wow this reminds me of when he saw her in her wedding dress for the first time", Taewoo comments laughing, "everyone that was in attendence couldn't stop giggling, he was rather cute on that day".

Taking her hand, Seunggi gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, "You look....absolutely breathtaking".

Yoona giggles before taking his hand, "Come on handsome let's get going or we are going to miss our reservation".

When they arrived at the restaurant naturally heads turned as they both walked in. Being the warm celebrities that they were they waved and smiled as they headed to their table, what they were grateful about was the fact that no one approached them to ask for a picture or an autograph they respected their time.

"This place is really nice", Yoona comments after sitting down, "I'm looking forward to the food as well Mina unnie gave good reviews".

"I'm mostly interested in the amazing cake they have", Seunggi adds looking through the menu before gesturing for a waiter to come over, "can I get a bottle of red wine please".

Yoona looked up at him before looking back down at her menu. It was now or never, she couldn't drink the wine so........

"Seunggi there is something I have been meaning to tell you", she starts getting his attention, "which is why I wanted us to have dinner alone tonight".

He smiles before taking her hand because from her expression he could tell she was nervous, "You know you can tell me anything".

Yoona felt better hearing him reassure her like that, "Seunggi I.......", she starts but is cut off by a sudden uproar that was coming from the entrance of the restaurant.

Coming through the door with a ton of paparazzi and her crew was none other than Kim B now gaining the attention of everyone in the restaurant.

"What is she doing here?" Yoona questions.

"I don't know but maybe we should find somewhere else to have dinner", Seunggi suggests.

"No way it is too late now to make reservations elsewhere", Yoona tells him with a sad expression, one he couldn't ignore.

"Well all attention is on her right now so it shouldn't affect us", Seunggi says as the waiter he had called earlier pops open the wine and started pouring it in both of their glasses.

"OMG Seunggi oppa, unnie, is that you guys", they heard an all to familiar voice shriek before Kim took a seat around their table, "you guys don't mind if I join you right?"

"Actually we are on a dinner date right now and I have somethig important that I want to talk to my husband about", Yoona insists trying to hide her fustration. It was like everywhere we went they were destined to run into Kim B....the situation was getting ridiculous and she didn't want situations like this to repeat for the rest of the time they were on the island.

"Oh I am sorry I guess it is my fault for not reading the situation", Kim B apologizes as she gets to her feet, "I am going to go find another table then".

Yoona felt bad but she needed time with Seunggi.....she needed time alone with her husband. As Yoona was about to continue their conversation there was another uproar and when she turned to see what was wrong she saw Kim B laying on the floor unconscious.

"Someone get an ambulance", Seunggi calls as he tried to lift her from the floor, "give her some room", she shouts fanning her face.

"I am going to get some water for her okay", Yoona insists rushing to the nearest pitcher she found.

The ambulance had reached there in record time but when the paramedics were trying to take Kim B she refused to let go of Seunggi, though she seemed to still be unconscious Yoona thought she had a rather tight on her man, so they allowed him to ride with them in the back while Yoona followed behind with her manager.

When they got to the hospital she really had to let go so they could treat her but it was easier said than done.

"Thank you so much for being so understanding", her manager apologized bowing repeatedly, "we even ruined your dinner".

"No, it is okay, we just hope she is okay that's all", Seunggi insists, "we will get going now though", he adds as he took hold of Yoona's hand and intertwined it with his resulting in Yoona looking down at their hands with a smile.

"Oppa, when Kim B was still under your agency, were you too close?' Yoona questions surprising Seunggi as they pulled up to a stoplight.

He turned to look at her before returning his attention to the road, "Not really....I only helped her out when she was going through a tough patch".

"Why did you lie to me then about knowing her?" Yoona questioned with a hurt expression.

Seunggi turned to look at her again before kissing her on the back of the hand he was stil holding tightly, "I didn't want you to overthink anything especially since you already sounded so weary of her".

"I could still tell that you were hiding something though which didn't help the situation", Yoona insisted looking down at their intertwined hands.

"Look, I am sorry, I didn't man to lie to you, I promise I won't do it again', Seunggi apoogizes before pulling into a parking lot and shutting off the engine.

Yoona looks around confused, "I thought we were headin back o the house, where are we?"

Seunggi smiles before climbing out of the car, shutting the door behind him and heading to her side where he opened her door and helped her out.

"I don't want the night to end just yet", Seunggi says leading her towards some stairs that led down to thebeach.

After walking for about a minute along the shore line, Yoona couldn't control the smile that started forming on her face when she spotted a beautifully decorated table, a waiter lighting the candles as they got close.

"What is this?" Yoona questions as Seunggi pulled out her chair.

"Our dinner was ruined at the restaurant so I had to make it up to you", he insisted taking his own seat.

"When did you even have time to do all of this?" Yoona questions still in awe.

"While you were talking to Kim B's manager I made a couple calls", Seunggi confesses, "Yoona", he adds taking hold of her hand across the table as the waiter poured champagne into their glasses, "I love you so much you can't even imagine and I am so grateful to you for giving me everything a man could dream of having...a loving, gorgeous, thoughtful, talented and.....did I already mention gorgeous", Yoona laughs but stops when his epxression turns serious again, "you gave me the greatest gift I have ever received....Haewon.....and for that I love you even more", he finishes before getting to his feet and leaning across the table to gently kiss her on the lips.

"I love you too baby", Yoona replies before wiping away the tears.

He sits before lifting his wine glass and gesturing for her to do the same. She nods before picking up hers and clincking glasses with him.

He drinks as he watched her rest her glass down without doing the same, "What's wrong? I made sure to get your favourite bottle".

"I can't have any alcohol right now", she confesses looking directly at him, her cheeks flushed.

He raises an eyebrow, "Are you sick or something?" he questions getting up before making his way to her side where he rests his hand on her forehead to check for a fever.

"No....it's just that it wouldn't....be  good.....for the baby if I drank", she explains her eyes focused on his hands before moving up to meet his wide eyes.

"You're pregnant?" he questions in disbelief to which she nodded, "we are going to be having another baby?" he asks again, this time with excitement plastered all over his face, "we are having another baby!' he exclaims picking her up and spinning her around.

Yoona laughs before he sets her back down on the sand, "So you're happy about us having another child".

"Of course I am happy", he says in disbelief, "why wouldn't I be, this is amazing, I can't believe this, I hope this is going to be a son", he says before cupping her face and passionately kissing her, then kneeling down to rest his ear against her stomach.

"Um, i think it is a little too early for that", Yoona insists laughing.

Seunggi smiles before getting to his feet once again and spinning Yoona around much to her surprise and amusement.

"This time I want to pick out the name", he tells her.

"We both will cause I don't trust you one bit", Yoona says laughing.

Seunggi frowns, "Why not?"

"Because if I had left it up to you, you would of named Haewon,Valda", Yoona says laughing.

"Okay that might have been a little far fetched but it is a nice name", Seunggi says laughing before pulling her into his arms, "but fine, we can meet in the middle".

"As always".