This is number 1

Don't go

“I miss you”

“I love you”

The words you desired to hear, you heard them all the time. What meaning do those words have? You didn’t know anymore. Nowadays they were just words, but you just couldn’t live without them. You needed them on daily basis, the more often the better. Deep down you knew he said it just to please you, but the meaning had faded. The thing you were so afraid of has happened, and you warned him about it. In the early months of dating you told him that, that he shouldn’t say it too often. It wasn’t his fault, you got addicted. Or maybe it was slightly his fault too, for not having a limit. You didn’t know his opinion on this, maybe he did enjoy saying it. Maybe for him it did have a meaning. Maybe every time he said it, he meant it. You didn’t know.

The door closed behind his back. He didn’t bother to look back, why would he? What reason did he have to do such thing? It was his choice to walk away from such a mess. Walking away in a situation like that was a good thing. Avoid it to get any worse, that was the thought behind walking away. Although it hurt, he did it. His heart ached, her heart ached. They loved each other so much it just started to hurt them. She was left behind in anger and sadness. Her hair got pulled, her fists clenched and punched all sort of hard surfaces. She didn’t care that she would scar her body like that, all she cared about was him and he just left her. Her heart was screaming for it’s other half to come back, but it didn’t hear. The amount of teardrops that came rolling down her cheeks, she already lost the count. After three they all came down like a waterfall, she couldn’t stop it. Crying meant that you were weak. Did she want to be? She wanted to be independent so bad, how come that she was the first one to cry? Her knuckles were bruised and swollen, her thought was a mess and her heart was uncontrollable. She didn’t want to lose him, she didn’t want him to leave her like this. She knew he was hurt, why didn’t she stop him right away? The girl with the bruised hands stormed out of her room and ran towards the door to stop him. The only thing was, he was gone. Still in pain, still crying, she ran on her bare feet to the bridge outside near her house. She could see him cross it. She started to run, screaming his name. If there was anyone outside to hear her, they could’ve sworn that she begged him not to go. Just by screaming his name.