Part 1

The Solution to the Problem

--------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Think, brain, think…”

“Mr. Kim.”

“…think…”

“Mr. Kim!”

“…think…”

“Kim Jaejoo-”

“Brain blast!”

“Excuse me?” A voice questioned; the confusion in the involuntary inquiry was blatant for all to hear. 

Brown orbs shimmering with obvious joy- pleased at the fact that he at last figured out the solution to his problem- finally looked up, only to meet a pair of midnight black eyes staring with contempt at him. 

An older woman, her bones probably weak from lack of exercise- which was apparent by her pot belly, oh yeah, she was definitely a drinker, stood in what was supposed to be an intimidating manner at the front of the class. Her left eyebrow was raised, and was slightly open, as if ready to insult at any moment.

The brown eyed boy, noticing (more like feeling) the interested glances thrown at him from all over the room, rubbed his head in a placating gesture. His face adorned seconds later by an apologetic smile.

“Sorry, Ms. Lee. I got a little distracted.”

“I can tell.” She grunted in reply, but sighed afterwards and turned around, deciding that the best action was to just ignore it. This wasn't the first time that the boy had zoned out in class after all.

Smiling wider at the teacher’s motion, he dropped his hand from his head and gazed across the room, hoping to meet his best friend’s eyes. Luck was on his side as he spotted the said male chuckling to himself, his hand covering his mouth as if to stifle the sound. 

Jaejoong pouted at the other’s obvious enjoyment of his previous embarrassment- which really wasn't that embarrassing anymore, since he did it at least twice every week; however, he decided not to take any offense (even if it was usually in a joking manner). 

He was too ecstatic at the fact that he finally solved his problem. It was such an easy answer. How he hadn't thought of it sooner was a complete mystery to him. 

His friend, after letting his laughter die down, began to wave his hand in a movement only decipherable to the two of them.

He signed, “Care to explain?”

Jaejoong replied back in a similar manner, “After class, I will.”

They then moved on to have a full blown conversation.

All the while, Ms. Lee watched tiredly from her position, her eyes following the two’s ridiculous movement.  Now, I remember why I didn't like teenagers in the first place.

She watched as the one in the corner made a choking motion with his hands which caused Jaejoong, who sat by the window four rows over, to burst into hysterical laughter, before quickly stopping himself. He glanced in her direction, but she had decided to look away barely a millisecond before so.  Her peripherals allowed her to see him peek back over at his friend. A second passed and another bout of laughter interrupted the silence in the room, but, this time, it was not by one person but by two. 

They’re all idiots.

Sighing to herself, she signed her signature on the form that she had filled out while silently watching the students openly make fools out of themselves.

Detention: Kim Jaejoong and Park Yoochun
Reasoning: Interrupting the class [read as: being idiots]
Signed: Ms. Lee

 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Gaahhh.” Yoochun groaned out as he stared at the pink form in his hand. 

“She could have at least warned us first…” He muttered dejectedly to himself. This was the third time this month. His parents will definitely not be happy.

He looked over at Jaejoong who was in a similar state, trudging beside him as they made way to their favorite lunch spot. 

Yoochun puffed out his lip and made a sniffle sound.

“Jaejoong.” He started. The other was now looking over at him in question, the suddenly serious voice catching him off guard.

“Yeah?” He asked, the worry apparent.

“I just wanted to let you know something…” 

“What is it?”

“I may come to school tomorrow with my facial cheeks the size of Godzilla’s balls- wait, no. That’s too disturbing to imagine… the size of lady liberty’s assets? Nah… too green- I’m pretty sure mine will be a mix of black, blue, and a beautiful highlight of pink around the edges, and there will probably be fabulous dashes of red-”

“Yoochun.”

“Anyway, with a really swollen cheek because I’m pretty sure my mom is going to slap me until my face is too swollen for me to even get a word out of my mouth without feeling pain.”

Yoochun’s face suddenly darkened as he remembered cruel words whispered in the darkest hours of the night, “My mom warned me before that if I got detention again…”

Jaejoong patted his back consolingly, knowing the harshness that which was Yoochun’s mother. A woman that was barely five foot two, princess curls that danced in the air as she walked, and a smile so innocent that her appearance could pass her off as a sweet high school girl- who just happened to have a strength so monstrous that she could probably crush a car with her fingers alone- not to mention, she had a temper to match it. 

“It’s okay… it’s okay…”

“ you, and your it’s okay. Of course it’s okay for you. You have eight ing bodyguards that save your every time your parents go after you. It must be nice to be the youngest…”

Jaejoong let the statement pass, knowing his friend meant no harm. 

Moments ticked by, and they soon reached their favorite spot. 

Their mood had decreased considerably in comparison to their previous excitement in the classroom.

Dang them and their hyper activeness.

“So…” Yoochun began after a while of the only sound being that of the chewing of the greatest of home-made lunches.

“The was with that brain blast?” He chuckled. He still found that random outburst hilarious.

“Ah, the brain blast? That, right there, was just my feels going crazy as I was suddenly hit with childhood memories. Gosh, I loved that show. I didn’t understand crap of what they said since it was in English, but the awesomeness of the show itself could break down any language barrier…”

Yoochun nodded in agreement. Memories of summer days spent with his friend as they sat on his old leather couch, their eyes glued to the television set, flashed before his eyes.

Wiping a stray tear, he sniffled as he spoke nostalgically, “I miss that kid, his big brown eyes, that cute little curl at the top of his hair… I can still remember when I attempted to imitate his hairstyle. It was such a fail, but man did I look bad with my hair gelled up…”

Jaejoong giggled at the memory as he was there when it happened. He was also the one that got his head smacked by Yoochun’s mother when she had found out that they had used all of her hair gel. He still wondered why she even owned it when she obviously didn’t use it. 

After a moment of comfortable silence, Yoochun coughed to bring their attention back.

“Anyway, is that what you wanted to tell me about after class?”

Shaking his head slightly, Jaejoong's smile began to grow as the idea that he had, returned to mind.

“Nope. But, Yoochun, dude, I’m a total genius. I finally have found the solution to my problem!” He proclaimed proudly.

“Problem?” Yoochun tilted his head curiously to the side.

“Yes, problem. You know, the problem.” He stated.

“The problem? As in the the the problem?” Yoochun repeated.

“Yes. The problem.”

“Ahhh, . You figured it out! Fool, give me the details.” Midnight eyes glowed with excitement. 

“Hee hee, well, you see…” Sudden sounds of footsteps nearing them caused Jaejoong to pause in his speech and turn towards the source. Yoochun followed along in the movement. 

And, there it was. 

The problem in the flesh- the teenager: Shim Changmin.

------------------------



-----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------