Chapter 2

You're My Territory

 

Chapter 2

 

*unedited*

 

It seems that Kyungsoo can sleep well last night. Of course. With body drained with cold-rain water and such a good experience in school (and cafe), he will enjoy his sleep (notice the sarcasm).

(Okay. My mistake.)

So, Kyungsoo couldn’t sleep well that night (Eventhough he quickly slept as soon as his head was on the pillow). Sure, he could slept soundly (of course he’s physically exhausted, with that damn rainy-water all around his body),but, his mind is tagging all around with fear and exhaustion. He had a nightmare that night. The same one that he thought left a few years ago. But, it came back. Bringing along the same fear that it’s carrying this whole time. Leaving a mark in Kyungsoo’s heart. A deep mark that he thought buried a long time ago.

Let’s just say, Kyungsoo’s day isn’t begin happily. He gets up with a throbbing headache. Definitely 30 minutes before his so called appointment with Kai, cut the time he will use for walk (or maybe run, because it seems it is going to be needed). Do Kyungsoo is having his most rushed time in his existance (until now), because he never remember to be this rushed (even the time that he is late from taking an important train that only function every 4 hours, made him waiting in the cold without his jacket, scarf, gloves, or anything you named it).

Kyungsoo head met the floor this morning, unfortunately because of a certain person that made the apartment floor wet. That incident though, left a see-able red mark above his more than usual heavy left eye bag, he believes it will turn to purple or blue in a matter of hours.

But, it isn’t important now. Kyungsoo’s is safely (he thinks so) arrived in his destinied place, rooftop. Exactly at 6.59. Now he’s panting hard, while waiting for the school prince shows his nose.

Kyungsoo waits 30 minutes at least before it happened though. Well, you can say his anger is raisened up, giving up his safety for keeping up his promise but it seems to be different with the another person.

Kim Jongin finally shows up. Kyungsoo’s anger mysteriously dissapeared. Maybe cause the fear or maybe Kim Jongin’s appearance right now? The other one got all beaten up, well ,not too bad, but his lips is bleeding.  But that thing is enough to make Kyungsoo worried (but it seems that he is not worried with his own safety), carelessly he makes his way to the beaten one. Once he arrived, he take out his handkerchief, his right-hand reaching  Kim Jongin’s bleeding lips. With one slow touch weeping the blood away from Kim Jongin’s shocked yet puzzled face.

Not until, Jongin suddenly turned down his hand. Keeping it away in one swift moves. The latter then gives him a pants. The same one that he used yesterday. The one with coffee stain in it. The only words that come out from his mouth are “wash it.” No more nor less. With that he climbs down the stairs, taking his leave, once again leaving a dazed Kyungsoo.

 


 

Kyungsoo attended his class as normal as he could that day. He tried to be the same cheerful boy infront of his one and only beloved friend Luhan, eventhough his headache doesn’t want to go away. He didn’t say a word about his trouble, decided it would be the best for his friend to not be worried (Luhan worried about his purple bump though and questioned once or twice about his more than usual pale face).

Fast forward, it’s past school time already. Kyungsoo starts his duty in the nearby bubble tea store. No one knows about his job, except Luhan of course, but the said person can’t accompany him today because of an urgent duty he said. So, Kyungsoo starts making bubble teas, one by one diligently, trying to forget the throbbing pain in his head. But it’s more and more worse as time goes on. He stumbles one or two times.

 The worst one is when he stumbled infront of a customer that made the customer have to catch him preventing him to meet the wooden floor. He is too shy to look at the customer though, so he just silently mutters sorry and thank you with eyes on the floor and head red of embarrassment. After that he just leave the customer behind, shyness and a lot of embarrassment engulfing him.

 And Kim Jongin dazed there. Watching the first person he helped (maybe in his whole existance) leaving him.

 


 

Kyungsoo’s shift ended at 7 o’clock that day. He decided to walk home that night, since his money isn’t enough to ride the bus (because he just decided to buy a bubble tea from the same store he works at). He happened to past a dark alley, yes, a must past alley everytime he goes home, but this time he sees a box of abandoned cats and decided to stop by.

When he is playing with the cats, some bad people decided to show up. Kyungsoo finally awares with the presence of other person though, leaving him no choice but to run.  

He is running with all of his heart, but strangely the noise behind him is no longer exist, making him curious. So, he turn his head back, only to see the bad people earlier alreadt beaten up by a stranger. Kyungsoo without thinking quickly shout a “Thank you.” In a tone that he thinks the other one might hear.

He wants to go to the stranger place though, saying he should say a proper thank you, but when he is walking to the said boy, the other one shout “Just leave already!” with a harsh tone, making him backed away and ran to his apartment.

 


 

Kyungsoo didn’t forget to wash Kim Jongin’s pants though. He still doing it in a freaking 8pm. He washes it by hands, carefully. Checked a few times already to not leave a little stain. Then he dried it heartedly with hair dryer (not that he has though, it’s happened to be his neighbor’s).

With that last work of folding, he slept in exhaustion.