The Shadow

The 4 Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of three knocks on the wooden door echoed through the dojo as a head popped through the sliding door. “Who are you?” a voice questioned.

 

Joo crouched down and smiled awkwardly at the young child, “by chance is Ms. Park Chaewon here? May I see her?” she asked nicely but guessing by the way the young boy was throwing her scrutinizing looks, she pulled out her badge.

 

The boy’s facial expression changed as he quickly opened the door and bowed. “Yes, right this way, ma’am.” He led Joo inside.

 

The students paused and all bowed towards the obvious guest as Joo bowed in return before turning her attention on who she sought to see. “Hello, you must be Ms. Park Chaewon,” she smiled before flashing her badge. “I’m Detective Lee; I’d like to ask you some questions. Do you have any time right now?”

 

The young woman nodded, her facial expression did not show any hint of shock from the sudden appearance from Joo. As if she was expecting her visit. “Kids, practice your stances. I’ll be right back, Youngmi you’re in charge.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two sat in Chaewon’s office in silence as she prepared two cups of tea. “Thanks,” Joo murmured as Chaewon took a seat opposite.

 

The young woman clasped her hands together and stared back at the visitor with look of disinterest. “I’ve been expecting this,” she spoke frankly, answering Joo’s suspicion. Joo was correct; she did know why I came here for.

 

Her eyes quickly flickered to the clock hanging on the wall just behind Chaewon before cleaning . “Let me get to the point then, Ms. Park. You are a part of the 4 souls who protect Lady Sora, are you not?”

 

She nodded and took a sip of her tea, “that I am.” She replied indifferently, placed her cup down and clasped her hands together on the table. “Are you here for answers?”

 

The corner of Joo’s lips curled into a smirk, right to business. I like it. “Before we begin, I have to let you know that everything we’re about to be discussing is confidential and no one outside this room will know besides us two and also SAPD—Seoul’s Association of Private Detectives.” As soon as she got the nod of approval, Joo placed a recorder on the table as she began her interrogation leaving not a single question unanswered.

 

 

 

 

 

During their discussion, many things that were said surprised Joo. Chaewon had told her of the Legend of the great ruler of the Heavens and Earth. “Villagers who lived just at the foot of the mountain where Lady Sora would descend would also call her by Chunji.” Joo’s eyes flickered, Chunji? …Lee Chanhee?

 

Chaewon also explained that up in the sky, just above the clouds there is a hidden sky pillar where Lady Sora lives—lived.

 

“Approximately ten thousand years ago in the land of the Sky, Sora’s people were preparing for battle against the Dark Lord.

 

Ten thousand years ago, the King and Queen had received a distress signal from one of their people telling them of great dangers.

 

At that time the queen had just given birth to mistress Sora. But our mistress also has an elder brother. He was already 4 years senior to our mistress. Our Queen and King named him Byul (star). He was a very bright child.” Chaewon smiled taking a drink from her cup before continuing.

 

“Then the darkness came.

 

Our kingdom was being attacked by an evil who called themselves Nemesis.

 

They come from a hidden place on Earth which can only be reached

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter