The Portrait (Kaisoo)

EXO Drabbles

  Tongue sticking out, his paintbrush dabbed away on the canvas of his latest piece. He exhaled in relief and did a stretch, loosening out the knots accumulated in his back. A glance was spared at the finished work before his eyes darted away.

  Yet another portrait never to be seen again.

  Jongin ran a hand through his hair, feeling distinctly disgruntled. His inspiration had been rather lacking lately and no matter how he had tried, had failed to capture the essence of his recent subjects. The whole ordeal had left him in anguish, but he had picked his brush back up everyday, hoping to restore his touch.

  So far, to no avail.

  Sighing, he walked away from his easel, making his way to his worktable. There, he picked up a pencil and twirled it between his fingers, all the while walking towards the studio's window. Pushing it open, he took in a deep gulp of the early evening air. The morning rain had left small puddles on the street, and the surroundings felt cool and refreshing on his skin.

  His eyes then picked up a head of dark hair, sitting comfortably on a bench. Pale, pale skin contrasted beautifully with Jongin's own tan skin, and those ruby red lips were pursed in concentration, eyes focused on the book in his hands.

  At that moment, Jongin's pencil flew up onto the blank space of the studio wall. His eyes hardly leaving the boy on the bench, Jongin feverishly sketched feature after feature. Once his pencil deemed it worthy, he stepped away from the wall to look at it wholesomely.

  Not a single hair was out of place, and Jongin felt his chest constricting. Could it be?

  He looked back down at the live version of his sketch, just as the boy with ruby red lips glanced up. Their eyes connected, and the boy's eyes widened. Slowly, the boy got up from his bench and walked over to Jongin's studio, who immediately darted to the door.

  The boy remained silent at first, when Jongin opened the door. Then...

  "Hi." a small sound was heard.

  And Jongin knew then, that he didn't want to capture just his beautiful features, but this boy's whole heart.

 

  Author's Corner:

  This is what happens when you watch too many episodes of Love Rain at once. Inspiration strikes when you just wanna enjoy looking at Yoona and Jang Geun Seok's faces (Just joking). It was supposed to be Love Rain-ish, as in "Oh, only my one true love can see this portrait and it's of her". But somehow Jongin drawing on the wall happened (D.O blinks with big eyes).