Chapter 1

TODAY 1,2,3,4,5 ONE SHOT

It’s already noon and all the morning they have been talking about silly stuff,

they have avoided saying the word ‘goodbye’.

It’s still early.

When the clock marks 9 pm. it will be the time.

 

They have decided to eat in the house.

Some of the homemade food of Jaejoong that commemorates the last day.

They, especially Changmin are really touched by the delicious menu his hyung prepared.

He is already missing his hyung’s food and while eating his eyes started watering.

He tried to stop the tears, but it seemed like all of them where in the same condition.

In a quiet lunch, all of them just looked at each other, like trying to memorize their faces.

 

After eating Yunho and Yoochun went to wash the dishes and Changmin and Junsu started cleaning the dinning room. They all have a smile on their faces. One last time, the old routine.

 

TODAY

 

1.Jaejoong

 

Jaejoong looked at them.

They were their dongsaengs…

The ones that he took care of….

Starting tomorrow they won’t spend the day together and he won’t be able to protect them as before.

Yes, he agrees, he agrees that he was like their mother.

But he won’t quit.

He will continue sending messages to them, asking if they have eaten and if they are ok.

 

2. Yunho

 

While watching the rest so earnestly cleaning and washing, he remembered the times when all of them complained about the house chores.

He was the one in charge of organizing the situation and well….. force them to do the chores even if they didn’t want to.

He accepts that he was like the father, he was caring and tender, but at the same time strict when it came to work.

Being a leader wasn’t easy for him, but he is so thankful for having the best group members.

 

3. Yoochun

 

Washing the dishes, some tears started falling again.

Yes, he accepts he is a cry baby.

But how is he going to manage not to cry when the family he found in Korea is splitting.

He left his house in ia to become a singer.

Now that he has completed his dream, for him the most important thing is to keep in touch with the ones that carried the same dream and with hard work in order to achieve it.

 

4. Junsu

 

Cleaning the dinning table and laughing like crazy, he doesn’t know if it is because of his clumsiness at cleaning that ended dirtying the table even more or because he needs to laugh in order to prevent his tears from flowing.

Looking at the picture on the wall, the one they took in the aquarium.

They and the dolphin…..well 4 guys and 2 dolphins….

All of them smiling, they were so happy.

How he is going to miss them, how they bother him with his dolphin voice and how he could forget the lovely gift his band members gave him.

The ‘Sorry girls I’m gay’ t-shirt.

He keeps laughing…

 

5. Changmin

 

Sweeping the floor, Changmin looks at his hyungs.

Being the youngest wasn’t easy for him.

But he is so thankful for the caring hyungs he found.

He entered the band so young and they were the ones who guided him.

Now taller than all of them, stronger than most of them, but his heart is still like a kid.

He still wants to play video games till midnight with Yoochun and soccer with Junsu.

Tell his problems to his ‘mother’ and ‘father’, knowing that they will help him.

He still needs them.

But now there is no turning back.

He will just keep all of them in his heart.

 

……………………………………………………………………………………

 

The sun is coming down and all of them are watching TV.

The news of the disbanding is in every channel.

They are now suffering more looking at the images of their fans crying.

With posters of their faces and posters with love and goodbye messages, they make them realize that the day is ending.

Soon they will leave the house; some of them will remain in Korea, others will go to Japan or America.

They had spent the day remembering about the past and thinking about their future.

 

Suddenly the leader turns off the TV.

He picks up his glass and says.

“We must drink together before we leave, because today is a day I want to remember. The day that one stage of our lives is ending.”

 

The youngest also picks up his glass and says,

“I won’t forget the laughs and the fights. The good times we spent together and that will always be in our hearts.”

 

A husky voice then is heard.

“Yes, today I have remembered all the moments that we spent together. The soccer games, the videogames, the pranks and the food fights.”

 

“Yes, today even though our luggage is ready, our clothes don’t match anymore and we are leaving this house. Even though it is a goodbye day, I want us to sing.” A squeaky voice is heard.

 

“Yes, because these are the things that we will never forget, the things that will make us remember that we are friends, no, that we are family.” The oldest member says.

 

TODAY

 

The order is not important anymore.

All of them have matured through the years together.

All of them still need each other; they are not ready to leave.

But all of them also know that

There is nothing that can’t separate real friends.

And because they are friends, there is nothing that can separate them.

 

And as the moon rises on the dark night melodious voices are heard together,

For the last time?

I don’t think so….

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

 

Finally the clock marks 9 pm.

They are at the door of the house.

They hug each other. That brotherly hug that they shared for so many years.

The time has come.

Tears start to fall and as they form a circle, they hold their hands.

 

“Dong Bang Shin Ki forever! Forever in our hearts! And in our fans’ hearts! Because we are friends, because we are family, because we are one heart!”

......................................................................................................................

(A/N) Thanks for reading my short story.

I also have another fic called The Melody of a Possibility, starring Jaejoong and Boa;  and a one shot called My soccer star, starring Junsu and the reader. Also a short story called Sorry Princess, starring Yoochun and the reader.

 

THANKS