Thinking Out Loud

BtoB Drabbles & Oneshots

“Honestly, the thing I miss the most about being able to walk is being able to dance with you.”

The details from that horrific evening still haunted Hyunsik every night in his dreams. He blamed himself for the car accident that would change his life forever.  It happened so quickly, the shattered glass, the smell of gasoline as it leaked onto the hard asphalt, the sound of sirens, the sound of cut metal. The memories still hurt like a fresh wound that had been doused in rubbing alcohol.

“Don’t say those kinds of things and take your medicine.” Ilhoon sighed as he handed a small cup of pills and a glass of water to the man in the wheelchair. He wrapped his arms around his lover from behind a pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. “Things changed, but my feelings remain intact.”

Hyunsik could recall every detail from that horrific evening at the hospital. Every alarm, the frantic shouting of doctors and nurses, and the feeling of helplessness as he wasn’t even sure if his lover had survived the crash. “I know, it’s-“

“I told you.” Ilhoon pressed another kiss against the other’s lips, quickly silencing Hyunsik. “I wouldn’t have taken on the role of being your caregiver if I didn’t love you.”

“I just wish that I could hold you again. My legs don’t work the way they used to. I can’t sweep you off your feet.” Hyunsik sighed.

“But you do still sweep me off of my feet.” Ilhoon grabbed a chair and took a seat next to Hyunsik. He laced their hands together and rested his head on his lover’s shoulder. “I know you’re just thinking out loud, but whether we’re 70 or 23, I’ll still love you no matter what.”

Hyunsik nodded and gave his lover’s hand a firm squeeze. “I love you. I don’t think that I could have gotten through this without you by my side.

“We found love right where we are.” Ilhoon let out a soft laugh and began playing with Hyunsik’s fingers, causing his lover’s intense gaze to soften a little. “It’s when your eyes smile from your cheeks that still sweeps me off my feet.” Ilhoon glanced over at his lover. “I love you and don’t ever forget that.” 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: So this was inspired by "Thinking Out Loud" by Ed Sheeran. The lyrics are edited a bit to fit in as dialogue. If you haven't already listened to the song, go listen to it now and watch the really cute music video that accompanies it. You won't regret it.