Chapter 3

Cast a spell on my heart
Please log in to read the full chapter

I don’t think words will be enough to describe Hanna's feelings right now. She was mentally screaming while, hoping that a hole will appear and swallow her. How on earth was it possible that she encountered the last person she would ever think of meeting? This was seriously too much for a coincidence. What wicked faith brought him here? And what deed has she ever committed to deserve such a punishment from the heavens? She closed her eyes hoping to be in a nightmare but when she opened them nothing has changed.

This is real, she thought.

As she lifted her head she was welcomed with a smirk and then a snort followed by a loud « WOW » that caught all the students’ and even the teacher’s attention.

« Choi Young Do aren’t you going to take your seat? »

« Of course it’s just that I didn’t think that Santa would bring my present earlier this year ». He replied while his gaze never left her. 

Hanna, the girl that caught his interest the moment he saw her but also the girl that he never ever thought of meeting again. As he slowly walked to his seat she tried to regain her composure and avoid all the eyes that were observing her every movement. They were probably wondering how Choi Young Do, the school's badass knew her, the mundane nerdy girl.

Even though, she did her best to concentrate on the lesson before her, she couldn’t. How would she ever be able to concentrate while this feeling of someone constantly watching her was eating her. She knew she wasn’t paranoid and this was all Mr Choi Young Do’s work. She wanted to turn back and glare at him and it took her all her might to stop herself from doing it as she tried to ignore him as much as she could. It is true that he was nothing but good to her but she couldn’t be at ease with him. So she decided that she’d ignore him, ignore him for the rest of the school year and everything will go well. They’ll graduate then go to completely different colleges and probably never see each other again. The bell rang and cut her from her thoughts. She couldn’t believe she’s been dozing off this entire time.

Choi Young Do has been watching her during the whole lesson, he was never fond of lessons anyway but she made them way more interesting for him. As recess begun, whispers started spreading and all eyes were ogling him and Hanna. The latter did her best to ignore every comment and started doodling something on her notebook. She was in fact trying by any possible means to escape this place, she planned beforehand to play it small, she wanted not to be noticed at all in the sole aim of finishing the school year without any problem. She wasn't fond of attention at all. No she actually hated it. Every time she went out, she tried to be the most discreet possible. She avoided wearing bright colours, talking loud, dying her hair... and all just to pass unnoticed. People usually yearn to be on the spotlight but she was more like the opposite.

The following class ended in a blink and in no time it was already lunch break. Hanna leisurely started gathering her belongings before a silhouette stepped up in front of her and a smiling face greeted her while extending a hand:

« Anneong (Hi) I am Yoon Chan Young, the class president I looked for you this morning to show you around but you were nowhere to be found I hope you wouldn’t mind touring the schools’ ground. »

Hanna shook it and introduced herself to the boy in front of her. He actually didn’t resemble any of the others here; he was humble, polite and seemed actually kind. The school was humongous and after what seemed like eternity they finally made it to the canteen where everything was as marvellous as the rest of the school. Hanna followed Chan Young and filled her plate with dishes that were similar to those served in five star hotels. Of cours

Please log in to read the full chapter