First Impression

When Highschool Drama lives up to its name (Hiatus)

As class ended, some of the more talkative girls braved the teacher.

"Does Taeyeon have to be Wooyoung's guide?"

"Can we do it instead?"

The teacher shook her head. "No excuses. Taeyeon?" she called out.

"Yes?"

"You both have lunch now, so please take some time to show Wooyoung around."

"Yes."

The bell rang, and most of the class filed out. Tiffany waited for Taeyeon, who was also being waited on by Wooyoung. Wooyoung approached the still packing girl and introduced himself again.

"Um, hi. I'm Wooyoung."

"Yeah, I heard the teacher the first time. I'm Taeyeon."

"I heard the teacher too." Wooyoung gave her an amused look.

"And this is Tiffany," Taeyeon she said as she motioned to her best friend who happily walked over and bowed.

"Nice to meet you. Are you ready?"

Taeyeon stood up. "Yup, let's go."

They walked out of the room, and ran into the three girls that had been bothering the teacher earlier.

"Hey Wooyoung! Do you want a tour with us?"

"Yeah, promise you'll have more fun with us showing you around."

"They're chearleaders. They'll probably go ra-ra-ra and show you around the gym. And the change rooms. And not much else."

"Umm..." Wooyoung made a face, unsure of what to say.

"We do a lot more than go ra-ra-ra," Tiffany replied defensively.

"Back off. You guys can harass him after we've shown him around the school," Taeyeon stated, pursing her lips.

Wooyoung raised an eyebrow at Taeyeon's comment, but didn't say anything. Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon by the arm and motioned to Wooyoung to follow as they left the girls behind.

"So Wooyoung. I hope you don't mind being shown around here by two cheerleaders," Tiffany said, emphasizing the last word.

Wooyoung smirked and replied, "Nope, no problem at all."

He was smiling so brightly that Tiffany completely forgot that she had gotten upset about earlier.

"So Wooyoung, how do you like it here so far?"

"It's alright. The school's pretty big. The students seem pretty approachable." He laughed and continued"It's nice here. Oh, do you know how I can join the dance team?"

Right on cue, Junho turned the corner and spotted them, striding over with an annoyed look on his face.

Tiffany waved. "Hey Junho! How-- "

"Hi Tiffany," he said quickly, interrupting the girl. "Taeyeon! Why didn't you tell me you weren't going to meet up with me for lunch."

"Sorry, slipped my mind." Taeyeon didn't look sorry, but she pressed her lips together to hide a smile.

"Aish. You made me walk around and actually look for you-- "

"You said she was sorry," Wooyoung suddenly cut in, and the girls nervously glanced at him.

Junho finally shifted his attention and gave Wooyoung an unapproving look. "And who may I ask, are you?"

"Wooyoung."

"Well Wooyoung," Junho replied, "I don't mean to be rude, but it's really none of your business."

"It doesn't have to be my business. You're just being plain rude."

"You're interrupting our conversation and poking your nose in someone else's business. Now who's being rude."

"Guys?" Tiffany squeaked, but neither boy heard her.

"Don't you know how to be a gentleman? Or is being an normal for you?" Wooyoung asked.

"You really shouldn't be talking."

Junho glared at him before turning to Taeyeon. "I'll text you later," he responded to Taeyeon instead before turning to walk off.

"He's usually not that rude... " Taeyeon said, watching her friend leave.

Wooyoung looked over at her. "I really hope he's not your boyfriend."

"He's not."

"Good. Cause he's a jerk."

"He's not," she repeated. "I told you he's usually not like this." She pressed her lips in a thin line and Tiffany nodded in agreement.

Wooyoung's expression suddenly softened. "Oh. First impressions I guess. If you don't mind, I'd like to hang out with you guys without having to hang with him." Tiffany and Taeyeon looked at him in surprise and Wooyoung raised his eyebrows. "I'm sorry, is that a bad thing?"

Tiffany shook her head. "Of course not."

Wooyoung smiled. "Thanks. I don't know anyone here, and you two seem like a cool set of people."

Taeyeon laughed. "We are," she joked with him.

Wooyoung gave her a nod. "Oh yeah, so do you know how I could join the school dance team?" he asked, shoving his hands in his front pockets

Tiffany and Taeyeon turned to each other and shared a look. "You'd have to speak to the captain..." Tiffany said slowly.

"Awesome. Can you introduce me?"

Taeyeon gave him a sympathetic face. "You've already met him."