Forever & Never

Forever & Never

Today is the day. The day that was supposed to be the best day of my life. The day that my beloved one and I would become one. The day that we would promise the biggest promise of our life, to be together forever and live what they call “happily ever after”.

But that’s far from reality. The bitter reality.

 

Flashback

I had just arrived home after the enjoyable date I had with Junhong, my one and only love forever.

I was taking off my shoes when Dad called me “Lenna, come to my room when you changed. We need to talk.”

I was curious to know what he wanted to talk about; Because it was rare for him to talk to me after Mom passed away a year ago, a really painful memory that I don’t want to recall.

I shrugged these thoughts off and went to my room to change my clothes and after that, went to Dad’s room and knocked on the door.

“Come in.” I went in and saw him sitting on the coach. He motioned the opposite seat with his hand and said “Sit here.” I obeyed and sat down as I was told.

After that, silence fell between us and I decided to break it by asking “Umm…Dad! Is there anything you wanted to talk about?”

“Yes. A really important thing in fact.” he answered.

I was getting worried with each second that passed. I hesitantly asked “So…what is it?”

“I want you to listen carefully, Lenna!”

“Okay. Go on. I’m all ears.”

He then began. “I want you to get married soon!”

“What?! But it’s really soon, Dad! Junhong and I are still young!”

“I said listen and don’t interrupt me, Lenna!” he said, a little annoyance evident in his voice.

“Sorry. I won’t.”

“I want you to marry my friend’s son, Jung Dehyun.”

I was taken aback by what he said. “B…but…what about Junhong?”

“Don’t say his name in front of me! And break up with him!” he said that like it was no big deal.

“But Dad! Daehyun is 7 years older than me and I love him like the brother I never had! And besides, I only love Junhong and I’ll never break up with him!” I said as tears started to build up in my eyes.

“I don’t care about that, 'cause you will fall in love with him. And about that filthy boy, you’ll definitely do that, unless you want him to die!” he answered me with an emotionless face.

“W-what do you mean?!”

“You know what I mean!”

I didn’t know what to say. There was just one person that could help me in this situation. I stood up to do what was on my mind when he said something that left me no choice “And don’t even think of asking Daehyun for help. You know what I’m capable of if you disobey me!”

With that, I walked out of his room lifelessly and went to my own room.

I plopped down on my bed and started to think about what I should do in this situation. I was deep in my thoughts that I didn’t understand it was already night time.

That night, I couldn’t sleep till morning. I couldn’t do anything, if I did, someone would be hurt at the end. So I finally decided to ignore Junhong and let him forget about me. I knew he was a strong boy and I was sure that he could live a happy life without me who was like a burden to him.

In the morning, I got ready to go to my work place to at least forget some of my worries. But when I reached the door, Dad called me “You better do what I told you yesterday, ‘cause after talking to my friend lat night, we came to the conclusion that your wedding would be in two weeks and I’ve already prepared everything. So make it faster and break up with him already.” It was like a bucket of cold water was poured on me.

How I wish I could cry my heart out, but there was no tears and I didn’t even know the reason why.

When I stepped out of the house, I met Junhong across the street waving at me happily. That was it. I had to do it. So I started walking like I’ve never seen him. He called me, but I ignored him like I didn’t hear him. I was walking like that till he caught up with me, panting heavily while asking “Hey Lenna, why didn’t you answer me?” I had nothing to say but “Hey Junhong.”

“Just that?”

My heart was breaking to pieces with each word that I was going to say, but I coldly answered “Yeah. Is there anything else to say?”

He was surprised by my weird tone of voice and said “Well…You always greet me happily and ask me how everything has been and-”

I cut him off by saying “Listen Junhong. I’m sorry but I’m not in the mood today. I would appreciate it if you leave me alone for today.”

I couldn’t believe myself. Was that really me who was talking to her one and only love like this? I don’t think so. It was so not me!

“Is there anything wrong, Lenna? Do you want to talk about it?” he asked again.

“Did you hear me or not? I said I’m not in the mood of talking right now!” I shouted at him for the first time in our whole time of being together.

“Sorry, my dear. I’ll call you later tonight. I love you.” And with that, he started walking in the opposite way.

That was when the tears finally started falling silently. I’m really sorry for saying all of this. It’s for your own goodness. I love you too!

 

That day, I came back home earlier than other days and went straight to my room after eating a small sandwich not to starve.

I was laying in my bed thinking when my phone started ringing. I looked at the ID and it was him. I couldn’t bring myself to answer it, so I put it on silent mode and decided to not hurt him more than this with my words.

I locked myself up in my room for the next days and didn’t dare to answer any of his calls.

Two days before the wedding day he called me continuously and I thought that I have to face this, whether I want it or not. So I finally picked it up and waited for him to talk.

“Hi, my love. Are you okay? Why didn’t you answer my calls? Where have you been these past days? I’ve been missing you like crazy! I really need to see you!” He said in one breath and I could feel it in his voice that he has been crying.

“Hi, Junhong. I’m okay and I need to see you tomorrow. So let’s meet at the usual spot.” I answered.

“Okay, see you tomorrow, dear!”

“See you.” And with that, I hung up the phone.

I thought of what I’m going to tell him tomorrow all day long.

 

The next day, one day before the wedding, I called Daehyun and asked him to take me to the seaside. He agreed without asking questions and took me there. By the time we arrived there, it was already 11 and I asked him to wait for me in his car and then, I went to our usual spot that we were supposed to meet.

From afar, I could see him already waiting for me. When he spotted me, he started running towards me and when he reached me, he immediately hugged me “I missed you so much, Lenna. Where have you been?”

I could feel his tears that were soaking my shirt. I was also in the verge of crying. I didn’t say anything and just let him hug me for the last time.

When he finally pulled back, I told him “Listen, Junhong. I’m here to tell you something.”

“What is it? You’re scaring me.”

“Let’s break up!” I finally said those 3 bitter words that broke my heart into a million pieces.

“W-what? Are you kidding me?!” he said and tried to laugh it off.

“I’m sorry, Junhong. But I’m really serious. We can’t be together.”

“But why?” he asked, tears running down his eyes.

“Because I’m getting married tomorrow. And I’m sure you can find a better person and spend the rest of your life with her.”

“You’re kidding me. We love each other, right?”

“We loved each other, Junhong. But now, I love my soon-to-be husband, Daehyun and he’s the one that I would spend the rest of my life with.” I answered, pointing at Daehyun’s car.

“You’re lying!”

“No, I’m not!”

“Look me in the eyes and repeat those words!”

It took everything I had to say those words again “I don’t love you Junhong!” I said it and immediately started running away from there while crying.

End of Flashback

 

And here I am, waiting for my father to come and take me out of this room.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I looked at the ID, but it was an unfamiliar number. I didn’t want to answer, but there was a strange felling within me that urged me to answer that call. So I picked it up “Hello?”

“Hello. Is that Ms. Lee Lenna?”

“Yes. Is there anything wrong?”

“Do you know Mr. Choi Junhong?”

Suddenly, I felt very anxious and asked “Yes. What happened?”

“We found his body on the beach today.”

“W-what? Junhong is d-dead?” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

“Yes, and we want you to call his family to come here.”

“B-but he l-lived alone!”

“So can you come here?”

“Okay, give me address, please and I would be there soon.”

The man on the other line told me the address and I was shocked to know that it was where we met for the first and last time.

My father came in and took my hand in his and we were already walking down the aisle. I didn’t protest, because I’ve made up my mind and I know what I’m going to do.

We reached the end of the aisle and my father put my hand in Daehyun’s hand without saying a single word and we stand in front of the priest.

He started reading the marriage vows and then asked Daehyun if he promise to stay with me in every condition and after he said “I do”, the priest asked me the same question and when I was supposed to answer “I do”, I faced Daehyun and told him “I’m sorry Daehyun. But I never loved you more than a brother and I’ll never love you as my husband. You know that my heart belongs to another person. So, I hope you understand and sorry, but I won’t marry you.”

And with that, I started running and went all the way to the seaside. When I finally reached there, I saw his lifeless body on the ground and tears started to run down my cheeks automatically.

I went nearer and hugged him for the last time and whispered “I hope you’ll leave in peace, my love!” and then asked them to burry him right there and by the time everything was finished, it was already night time and there were few people around.

I started walking along the shore and then, little by little, I moved into the water I can’t tell you, I can’t tell you of all people. Throughout my life, you were the one person I could always count on to understand. And now that I’ve lost you, I’ve lost everything.So there’s nothing for me here. I hope these waves will take me to you and we will meet again.”

 

 

 

...............................................

 

A/N:

Hi, guys :D

So,how was it? (I know it ;( )

I wrote this in 4 hours, 'cause I had problems with my PC and just did all I could to connect to internet and update now.

I hope it was worth reading.

Thanks for reading.

Have a nice time and goodbye ;)