Chapter 1/ Final

The Unexpected

Bang...

The sound resonated throughout the room as I scrambled up startled. 

Oh I must have fallen asleep...

I walked around the room carefreely as I picked up the big book I dropped earlier. But as I walked around I heard no noises, as if I was the only at home. 

Sniff sniff 

A sound echoed through the house.. suddenly I heard numerous voices crying, sobbing and wailing even. I cautiously went down the stairs careful to not make any noises. As I walked down the noises became louder and louder, my feet suddenly stopped as I stared ahead of me in shock.

In the centre of the room my brother Chen and his group were all crying while staring at the couch. I tried to make my presence known but they didn't even look or flinch they just kept crying...

As I got curious I walked towards the couch where everyone was crowding, I never suspected my picture to be on the couch. I was smiling so carelessly and happiness radiated from my face contrasting to what I looked and felt now.

I tried to get my brother and his friends' attention however all I was returned with was the same grieving faces starinf at my picture. I didnt't understand what was happpening. 

Why were they crying? Why were they staring at my picture? And most importantly why wasn't anyone noticing me?

Fear invaded my mind, panic clawed at my throat as my breath became laboured with my head pulsing uncontrollably. Nothing was making sense... 

I could feel my brain slowly getting deprived of oxygen as I broke out in cold sweat, my hands shook vigorously my eyes frantically searching around the room for any sign of movement.

A silent scream escaped my throat as my throat clenched so tight no air was getting through. My eyes rolled back and I felt my body fall on the ground with a loud

Bang...