Welcome to Cancún

Family Vacation

 

It was supposed to be a nice family vacation. They deserved a family vacation after so long. Not a simple day out together or a weekend but a proper vacation. Preferably somewhere more secluded and not in Asia so they wouldn't be recognized. When Music Bank went to Mexico, it was the perfect location. Mexico had pretty beaches and was relaxing (and also had really really good food, this is a family comprised of two Jungs after all) and they were already there. It was meant to be perfect. But, as Baekhyun liked to claim in the worst of his “diva” moments, the world was out to get him. Even in Cancún, on a family vacation away from the world of being an idol, where he was meant to enjoy some quality time with his husband and son, the worst had to happen.

 

“It can't be them. It can't be, What would they be doing on Earth? What would they be doing in Mexico? Why are they leaving our hotel?” Baekhyun asked to Daehyun and Taehyung but also mainly to himself.

 

Baekhyun, Daehyun, and Taehyung had left their hotel room and made their way to a restaurant on the hotel's property for breakfast. They were in front of the restaurant when Baekhyun pulled Daehyun and Taehyung aside as another family entered the restaurant. The family in question? Dayna, Becca, and Taela.

 

“They could be on vacation?” Daehyun suggested. “Unless a very recent coup d'etat happened, Dayna is still the Supreme Commander of Mato and can't move to another planet.”

 

“Did they have to go on vacation to the exact same place during the exact same time that we are?”

 

“I can't believe how pretty Taela looks...” Taehyung muttered to himself.

 

“I need to eat breakfast! We can't not go in just because they're in there!”

 

“There are other restaurants at the hotel!” Baekhyun said.

 

“But we're standing right outside this one. It won't make sense for us to go all the way to another one, when we could go to this one. The restaurant is big and it's a buffet. What are the chances that we would sit next to them?”

 

Turns out the chances were in Baekhyun's favor and they ended up seated quite a distance from Dayna, Becca, and Taela. The only problem was the buffet and Baekhyun swore every time he went up to the buffet, Becca was there. Baekhyun had gone so long without seeing her in person he had started to miss hating her so much.

 

Of course, they were destined to see each other again, later that very same time at the beach. The beach in Cancún was beautiful, crowded beyond belief but still beautiful. Daehyun, Baekhyun, and Taehyung had finished up setting up their towels and chairs when Taehyung wandered off because he needed to talk to the seaweed and left Baekhyun and Daehyun to sit in their chairs and relax.

 

“Look at that,” Baekhyun said suddenly. “It's like they're filming a bikini commercial.”

 

Daehyun who was dozing off, awoke by Baekhyun's comment. “Who?” he asked before following Baekhyun's gaze. “Ah, them, of course.”

 

Up ahead from where Daehyun and Baekhyun were and closer to the sea was Becca and Dayna. Dayna was applying sunscreen lotion to Becca who looked bored by the whole process. Dayna's face gave off the impression that she was scolding Becca. They both were in bikinis. Dayna wore a very cute one, the bottom looked like skirt and had a halter top both in a soft pastel pink colour. Becca wore a shorts-like bottom and what looked like a tank top.

 

“I didn't know the Supreme Commander wore a bikini. I feel as if I risk losing my job if I keep looking at her.” Daehyun said.


“The rest of Cancún is looking at her. Either that or they are looking at Becca. Becca's so tall I don't understand why she doesn't have a permanent sunburn. The sun is also right there with her.” Baekhyun said.


“I can't believe, you remember all their names! Just ignore them and focus on the vacation. That's what they're doing,” Daehyun said. Dayna seemed to stop scolding and stopped applying the sunscreen. Becca seemed much happier now and gave Dayna a soft peck before Dayna rubbed their noses together.

 

“You do have a point. It's not like we have to talk or hang out with them. I wouldn't want to either. My main priority is spending time with you and Tae.” Baekhyun said reaching out to hold Daehyun's hand. Daehyun kissed it. “Trying to romance me now?” Baekhyun teased.

 

“I can't spoil my husband?” Daehyun said with a playful smile. “Especially since he's wearing beachwear. Don't you want to wear a shirt with sleeves?”

 

“Dae! You are shirtless right now. If anything I should be protecting you. I saw how the woman who gave us our drinks looked at you. I don't like people staring at you like that.” Baekhyun said.

 

Daehyun laughed. “What about you? You're getting flirted with plenty of times! Who said you could have a cute smile?”

 

“Yeah but your smile is cuter.” Baekhyun said as he leaned over to kiss Daehyun on the cheek.

 

“Only the cheek? Our son isn't here and we can spend some alone time and all I'm getting is a kiss on the cheek? There are people making out on this beach and that is all I'm getting?”

 

“If Taehyung has plans to go out tonight then we'll have the hotel room to ourselves and we can spend it anyway you like.”

 

It was nightfall and Baekhyun and Taehyung were leaving the hotel room. Daehyun had gone on ahead to check the reservations that had made on the hotel's restaurant in front of the beach. “Let's take a selca before leaving.” Baekhyun said taking his phone out. Taehyung curled his lips into a playful snarl while Baekhyun did the same and snapped the picture.

 

Baekhyun was putting his phone away when he noticed the two people across the hall from them, also taking a picture. The one taking the picture put her phone away and made eye contact with Baekhyun.

 

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

 

“Well, if it isn't Becca. It's been so long, last time we saw each other it was in Mato.” Baekhyun said, trying for the sake of maintaining decency to not do something outrageous.

 

“I know. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life without seeing you again. Where's your husband?” Becca asked.

“Where's your wife?” Two could play at that game.

 

“She's double checking our reservations, me and Taela were just about to leave and go meet with her.” Becca said pulling Taela by the hand. Taela let her mom lead the way and waved in Taehyung's direction as she was being pulled away.

 

“Who gave her permission to dress like that? The human paparazzi are going to think she's some celebrity.” Baekhyun huffed. He was dressed nice, his eyeliner done perfectly and he was wearing a white dinner jacket that fit him well. But then he had to see Becca wearing a black shirt that looked as if it was made for her.

 

“I can't believe I saw Taela again.” Taehyung muttered. He tried to remember everything Nate and Tony had taught him about picking up girls but he was drawing a mental blank. Would any of it even work on Taela?

 

Daehyun had finished checking the reservations and was waiting for Baekhyun and Taehyung to show up when a woman dyed bright pink hair came in to check her reservations. Daehyun felt himself freeze up. It couldn't be Dayna, even if earlier when he saw her on the beach, her hair was dyed the same shade. There had to be more than one woman with pink hair staying at the hotel.

 

The woman checked her reservations and noticed Daehyun. “Daehyun! What are you doing here? Are you on vacation with your family?” Dayna came over to make conversation.

 

“Yes, but what are you doing here on Earth? Shouldn't you be on Mato?” Daehyun tried to smile. Dayna looked like she got more tattoos and more muscles. At least his Mato language was still perfect.

 

“I know but we wanted to take a vacation. Taela suggested we go to Earth and we looked up where to go and Cancún seemed perfect. What brings you to Mexico?”

 

“You know the story of how we're posing as Korean idols right? Well, we did a show here in Mexico and decided to stay around a bit more and enjoy a vacation.”

 

“I'm sure it must be hard to enjoy a vacation when all of your family is so handsome. Everyone must try to flirt with you or your husband or your son.” Dayna spoke so gently, Daehyun was having flashbacks to when she taught him on how to properly interrogate someone to the point where you could see them slipping into insanity by eye dilation alone.

 

“Yeah but we can't help it. It's just how the Jung family is.” Daehyun said. Dayna laughed. Daehyun's table number was called out and he excused himself and went to his table, relieved that he hadn't messed up anything with Dayna. He might be stuck on Earth for a mission but Dayna was still Supreme Commander and still and would always have full control.

 

Taehyung and Baekhyun joined Daehyun at the table. “Dayna is at this restaurant.” Daehyun said once they sat down.

 

“I know.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “We ran into Taela and Becca at the hotel. You know they have the room in front of ours? Even after all this time we can't get away from them.”

 

Daehyun opened up the drink menu. “What should we order from the bar? Should we get tequila since it's Mexico?”

 

“I'm not that good at drinking tequila.” Baekhyun said. “Plus, beer has always been our drink.”


“So you both want beers?” Taehyung asked getting up. “I'll go get them from the bar.”

 

“Thank you!” Baekhyun said as he watched Taehyung hop off to the bar. He turned to Daehyun. “What did we ever do to get such a good kid?”

 

I don't know. But I'm thankful every day because of it.”

 

At the bar, Taehyung recited the order of two beers and a Pinã Colada for himself. He was waiting for his drinks when Taela came up to the bar. Taehyung stared at her. She was wearing a simple summer dress and Taehyung could see a glossy sheen on her lips. She was even more beautiful than he remembered her from back in Mato.

 

The bartender took Taela's order and she was finally able to notice Taehyung. “Hey! I knew that you would be here. How are you liking the vacation?”

 

It's going great. I was able to talk to a lot of seaweed and the birds here aren't that mean.”

 

I'm glad. I've been keeping up with you. I've become a fan of Bangtan.” Taela said.

 

Taehyung could feel himself grinning. This was everything that he ever wanted to hear. “You do? Do you have a favorite song or a favorite member?” Taehyung prayed that if she did have a favorite member, it was him.

 

My favorite member is you of course.” Taela still had the same stony serious expression that she carried ever since she was a kid but Taehyung could see how happy she actually was. “My favorite song would have to be Miss Right.”

 

You're my Miss Right, Miss Right...” Taehyung felt himself starting to sing. He continued when he saw that Taela was starting to smile. Their drinks were placed in front of them and Taehyung stopped.

 

I'm glad I was able to hear the song live. When are you guys going to do an outer space tour?”

 

Was Taela making a joke? Taehyung didn't know she was capable of doing that. When had she learned how to make jokes? Did she have a boyfriend or a girlfriend that taught her how to do that? Taehyung composed himself. “I don't know, we'll have to get in touch with management. I need to bring these drinks to my dads.” Taehyung said reaching for his tray of drinks.

 

Taela placed a hand on his arm. “Wait, stop. Are you that hungry? I'm not really hungry but I came along to spend time with my moms. If you're not that hungry or even if you are hungry, want to stop by my room? I have a separate room from my parents. I'm on the same floor, just two doors down. After I give my parents their drinks I'm heading up. It's room 304. I'll meet you there.” Taela took her drinks and went to the table with her parents.

 

Taehyung felt his jaw go slack. He wanted to thank the Head Goddess of Exo for giving him a chance with her granddaughter. Taehyung felt himself robotically head over to his table. “Hey, I think I'm going back to the hotel. I'm not really that hungry.” Taehyung quickly sped away.

 

Do you think he met someone here at the hotel?” Daehyun asked.

 

It's possible. He is our son so he's obviously good-looking. He's an adult. He can do whatever he wants as long as it doesn't involve someone that is related to Becca Bun and Dayna Jurg.”

 

Daehyun wondered if he became the father-in-law to the daughter of the Supreme Commander, would he be more or less scared of her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed writing about this family and in this AU ;_;

A bit of a backstory behind this fic. I wrote this fic at midnight today 12/13/14 and the day before 12/12/14 I went out to go see The Odyssey. Th play was great but also 3 and a half hours long. I got home at 11:00ish and wanted to rest but a part of me went no, stay up and look up some things and I had barely seen any pictures of MAMA. That is where I saw this picture.

I DIED, THE NOISES  MADE WEREN'T HUMAN. I WAS BORN INTO A NEW PERSON. I WAS NO LONGER SLEEPY AND DECIDED TO WRITE THIS ONESHOT UNTIL I LOOKED AT THE TIME AND REALIZED I COULD FINISH TOMORROW. I'M SUPER BUSY AND NEED TO FINISH UP SOME LAST MINUTE THINGS BUT I FORGOT ALL ABOUT THAT AND I NEEDED TO DO SOMETHING TO CELEBRATE THE GREATEST PICTURE IN THE WORLD. SANTA CLAUS IS REAL.  I WANT TO MAKE THIS PICTURE MY BACKGROUND ON EVERYTHING. EVEN AT WORK. PRAISE SANTA FOR THIS CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

<3 Smooches <3

P.S: To jump on the bandwagon of this pic's comments, Daehyun where are you?