Chapter 17

When Dark Turns Into Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyun's POV:

The bell tinkled as I entered the coffeeshop. The aroma of fresh coffee and pastries wafted through the air as my eyes darted around the room before settling on the back of a red-haired male. I made my way over, the camera behind me following my every move. Sneaking up behind me, I covered his eyes with my hands.

"Guess who." I muttered quietly.

"Hmm..my pretty wifey?" Mark teased before removing my hands from his eyes and smiling up at my pouting face. I sat across from him, pout still evident.

"You're not fun." I whined as he chuckled.

"So what did you want to meet about?" I asked faking curiousity. I knew why he wanted to "meet". We Got Married made up their decision of continuing to keep Mark and I on the show but wanted to do a heart-to-heart talk like So Eun and Jae Rim did. We had to pretend that we didn't have this talk a couple of days ago. Mark fiddled with his napkin nervously, as a waitress walked by, leaving behind two warm coffees.

"The pictures and the rumors about me dating Suzy isn't true." Mark blurted out.

I blinked at him before taking a sip of my coffee as he continued.

"Me and Suzy have nothing going on between us. We were hanging out with a bunch of friends after rehearsing and naturally the group split apart. You can ask any of them." Mark pushed out quickly.

"Mark oppa, you don't have to explain yourself to me." I told him seriously as he shook his head quickly.

"I do. You're my wife. You deserve the truth." He stated. "I would never do anything to hurt you Jinnie." 

I reached over and patted his arm.

"I know you wouldn't but thanks for telling me." I said gently. Mark let out a deep breath before his face went back to his smiling one.

"We should visit my parents." He said suddenly as I raised an eyebrow placing my cup of coffee back onto the table.

"They haven't met you yet and the wedding is soon so it would make sense right?" He questioned getting to his feet and holding out his hand. I got up too and slipped my hand into his as he gripped it tightly as we stepped outside and hailed a cab. After telling the cab driver where we wanted to go, we set off toward the destination.

"Aren't your parents in California?" I inquired remembering that Mark was American born taiwanese. He shook his head, his red hair flying all over the place.

"They're visiting Korea right now so they're here." 

After paying the cab driver, we got out and entered a high end hotel. I could feel my eyes widen in awe as I took in all the detailed wall and ceiling designs. It was like stepping into a palace for the queen. Tugging on my hand, we stepped into the elevator waiting for it to ascend to floor 7 before stepping out once again. Stopping in front of room 710 Mark knocked and waited patiently. A few seconds later, the door opened revealing a person who I assumed to be Mark's father.

"Mark!" The man called joyously, hugging Mark tightly before hugging me as well and ushering us into the room.

"Mark's here

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter