3

Just a Little Love

Luhan's POV:

I walked away from Ara with a smile, but I really I was feeling sad.  I saw her black eye , that was sort of healing, and new busies on her arm.  It really hurt me on the inside and I felt bad that I couldn't do anything to help her.   

During class I couldn't concentrate at all.  I was totally lost in space wondering and thinking about Ara.  She's been on my mind non-stop ever since Saturday.  When the bell rang, I still sat there thinking about her, not noticing everyone else packing up until Yixing and Suho nudged me.   

"What?" I asked them. 

"It's time to leave," Yixing said. 

"It looked like you wanted to stay another whole hour," Suho commented. 

"No, let's get out of here," I said and quickly packed my stuff up. 

In my next class, that I have with Kris and Kyungsoo, was the exact same.  They had to nudge me also, to tell me that class was over and to get my stuff.  And so was the last class of the day.  My last class was with Xiumin.  He was nicer and gentler when he had to knock me back into reality, which I thank him for because the rest of the guys had some sort of physical contact with me that actually kind of hurt. 

"Are you okay?" Xiumin asked as we walked to our lockers. 

"Yeah, why?" I asked. 

"Because you seem to be zoning out a lot after lunch." 

"Oh, I'm fine.  Just a lot on my mind." 

"Okay, if you say so.  By the way, I hope you have fun in detention for the rest of the week." 

I sighed, "Yeah, it'll balls."  Then I remembered that I would be spending a lot of time with Ara since she was in the same class as me, and a smile was starting to form.

"Why are you smiling like that?  Do you like someone?" Xiumin asked and stuck his face near mine. 

"No," I lied. 

"It's okay, I know who it is already." 

"Who?"  I gave him a confused look. 

He smirked at me and closed his locker.  Then he opened his mouth and shouted, "Luhan likes Lee-"

I covered his mouth before he could say her full name.  I let go of him and glared.  He gave me an innocent smile and said good-bye before skipping away.  When he was gone, I wondered if it was really that obvious that I liked her. 

After I threw some books and whatnot into my locker and made sure I had the correct folders in my backpack, I made my way back over to Mrs. Hwang's classroom.  When I got there, there were only a couple of students sitting in their seats.  One of them happened to be Ara.  As soon as I saw her a smile formed. 

Quickly I went over to her and sat down in the seat next to her.  She looked up from her notebook, the same one that she was drawing in earlier, and looked at me.  Then she closed the notebook and put it away in her backpack. 

"Hi," I said to try and start a conversation. 

She nodded at me and then looked around the room as if she hasn't seen it before.  I handed her her glasses and she thanked me quietly and began looking around the class again.  It was actually awkward because there wasn't many people in the class yet, and the others that were in the room were just staring at us. 

I found their stares completely annoying.  I knew exactly what every single one of them were thinking.  There was a rumors going around about the two of us since they saw me interact with her a bit.  Some mean comments were also being put into the mix about Ara and that's what pissed me off.  I wondered why most of a sudden so mean to her when she was nice to them and stood up for them when we were younger.   

When everyone had filled the room, Mrs. Hwang got started.  First she made us clean her room.  Then she handed out packets that were two paged and had us do experiments with the Bunsen-burners.  I turned to Ara right away when she said that we could work in partners, but she had already left to one of the lab tables. 

Your/Ara's POV:

I was sitting in my regular seat in Mrs. Hwang's classroom waiting for detention to start.  Actually, I didn't even consider it detention anymore because we seem to always end up doing something instead of just sitting there quietly. 

Honestly when Luhan came and sat down next to me, I felt somewhat weirded out.  He really likes hanging around me now.  I don't get it though.  He's never gotten this close to me before- or not that I remember.  And I really thought he was kind of joking when he said that he wanted us to become friends again.  I pushed the thoughts aside though because honestly I wasn't complaining. 

Mrs. Hwang assigned us an experiment, so I got up and walked over to one of the Bunsen-burners right away so that I could get it done fast.  I cautiously made sure that everything was okay before turning on the gas and doing stuff like that.  Then Luhan came running up to me asking to be my partner.  I nodded my head and we got to work.  It was kind of like de ja vu. 

As we were working, I started to smell something odd.  I looked around to see if anyone else noticed, but no one seemed to.  So I just went back to work.  We finished in no time and went back to our seats.  Then I got up to go to the bathroom. 

Luhan's POV:

A couple of minutes after Ara left to the bathroom, everyone was all done with the experiment.  Once every person had handed in their packets, Mrs. Hwang went on about something that I wasn't really paying attention to. 

Then all of a sudden, we all started smelling something getting burned.  We turned around and saw that a small fire had started in the back of the room.  Quickly Mrs. Hwang went over to it and tried to turn the gas off and put it out.  Right when she got over there, there was a mini explosion.  It set off the fire alarm and we all rushed outside because the fire was starting to grow. 

When everyone was outside I counted all of us and realized that Ara wasn't there.  I ran around searching for her, but couldn't find her any where.  Then Mrs. Hwang came out of the school with a towel covering her arm which probably got burnt from the close contact.  She quickly counted us and too realized that someone was missing. 

"Who's missing?" she asked. 

"Lee Ara," I said. 

"Where is she?" 

All of us shrugged our shoulders.  I started to get a really, really bad gut feeling that she was still inside the school.  We all stared up at the school and saw it really start to catch on fire.  We could all clearly see that the fire had spread rapidly through out the school and the flames were now slicking out of some of the windows.  I started getting worked up and nervous thinking about Ara being trapped in there.  I asked myself where the fire fighters were and constantly looked around hoping they'd be here soon. 

"She's still in there," I said in a worried tone. 

"We'll have to wait for the fire department to come," Mrs. Hwang said simply like it was no big deal. 

I couldn't believe that she just replied like that with no worry in her tone of voice.  "But, Mrs. Hwang." 

"We can't do anything about it," she said sternly.  Then she walked away to talk with the other staff that were waiting for the fire fighters to come.  I looked around and got really scared for Ara.  I kept wondering and asking myself terrible things that I shouldn't be thinking of, but did anyway. 

Suddenly there was an explosion of flames and that's when I couldn't take it anymore and just ran straight into the burning building not caring about anything at this point.  As I ran back into the school, I could hear people calling my name to come back. 

Well, what was I supposed to do?  Wait for the fire fighters to come and put the fire out and then find out that Ara probably died?  No, that was not going to happen.  I... I... I think I love her... and I can't just let her die, especially like this if some stupid, idiot didn't turn their gas off correctly.

Your/Ara's POV:

As I was using the bathroom, I heard the lock on the bathroom door suddenly lock.  I looked up and finished washing my hands before going back to the door and trying to open it. 

It was locked.  I continued to try and pull it opened, but it wouldn't budge.  I sighed.  What luck do I have.  And what makes everything better was that I had nothing with me.  Great, now I was stuck in a bathroom until someone opened it. 

The fire alarm started ringing like crazy and I could smell the smoke in the air.  Slowly the room started to fill with smoke making it hard to see and breath.  I ran over to the door and tried whatever I could to open the door.  I tried using my shoulder and ran into the door, but after a while it started to hurt and I knew that there would be a bigger bruise there tomorrow.  Then I just tried pulling and pushing on it as hard as I could. 

Soon the lock became busted and with one last pull I was successful and the door opened.  But now I was exhausted and I had breathed in way more smoke than I should have.  I was feeling very weak and could barely walk now.  It felt useless to try and get out of here since I was tired, I couldn't see anything, the heat was starting to kill me, and I was on the second floor of the building. 

I used the wall as support as I made my way towards the stairs.  Finally, I gave up because I was really having difficulty trying to breath.  Slowly I let my body slide down the wall and just sit there.  I looked up into the smoke and asked, 'is this it?  is this where my life ends?'  I bit my bottom lip and thought, 'I guess so.  At least I won't have to keep living with the beating and abuse I receive from my "parents" everyday.  Maybe everything will be better off without me any ways.' 

Right as I said my last few words and was about to close my eyes, I heard someone call my name.  It was a familiar voice.  I turned my head to see if I could see who was calling me, but all I saw was smoke.  The person was getting closer.  I could hear their footsteps running now. 

"Ara!" the voice yelled.  This time instead of the voice continuously calling my name over and over, their footsteps stopped right in front of me.  I realized that the person who had been calling my name was none other than Luhan.  He knelt down next to me and scanned me quickly. 

"Are you okay?" he asked in panic. 

I didn't give a response to his question, instead I said, "Get out of here." 

"Okay, let's go."  He took hold of my hand, but I pulled it away. 

"Go without me, Luhan." 

"No.  I came back for you and I'm going to go back out there with you." 

"You should have never come back in here." 

"Don't say that, Ara..." 

"Hurry and go before it's too late." 

There was another explosion and the opposite way that Luhan came from and it was now blocked.  He put his hand on my thigh and tried convincing me to go, but I kept rejecting. 

"Please, Ara, please," Luhan pleaded. 

"The fire is getting bigger, go now," I said sternly even though I had no strength. 

"Fine.  If you don't want to go, then I'll stay with you." 

I was shocked at his sudden change.  "Luhan go.  You have a great life ahead of you.  Go enjoy it." 

"I can't enjoy it if-" 

The ceiling broke down next to us causing a loud noise, but luckily didn't hit us.  Luhan turned around so that his back was against the wall like how mine was.  He put his arm around me, while using his other hand to hold mine.  It was sweaty, probably from all the heat that was around us.   Luhan had been the first to ever hold me like this, though... and it made me feel... warm and safe inside.  The feeling is indescribable and something that I've never felt before. 

I could feel myself losing consciousness and starting to doze off.  I told myself this is the last chance I get to tell Luhan to leave now.  "Luhan, you have to go," I said, more like pleaded. 

"I told you, I'm not going to leave without you," he replied.  "I... I love you." 

"If you love me, then you'll do as I say and I'm telling you to go." 

He looked at me and shook his head.  A tear that rolled down his cheek hit mine.  He pulled up his hand and caressed my cheek.  I had no energy left and just looked up to him. 

"Luhan..." I mumbled. 

"If you end your life here, I'll end it with you.  I love you, Lee Ara, and I'm not going to let you go," he said. 

I looked at him and couldn't help but let my own tears escape as well.  It really moved me that he cared so much about me.  And just the fact that he's willing to be this way towards me was like a miracle to me. 

Then we heard footsteps.  It sounded like boots hitting the floor.  Then the footsteps started coming up the stairs.  Before we knew it there were fire fighters right in front of us.  And that's all I remember, that's when I finally out. 

Luhan's POV:

When the fire fighters finally came, Ara's head had hit my shoulder and she was knocked out.  I started to panic and I slowly fixed my position to pick Ara up.  When I stood up with her in my arms, I almost fell because of how weak I was starting to feel, but the fire fighter helped me. 

Once we got out of the burning school, we were immediately directed to an ambulance that was waiting outside.  I saw some of the students who were standing by watching as I walked while holding Ara and it was hard to describe their expressions since there was a mix of them. 

At the hospital, they took Ara away from me and rolled her away even though I didn't want to part from her.  One of the doctors had to pull me away to a different room to examine me.  As he was talking to me, I suddenly fainted. 

The next thing I know, I woke up and my mom rushed to my side looking worried.  I sat up and noticed that there was a mask on my face.  I was about to pull it off, but my mom stopped me.  I gave her a look and softly shook her hand off mine and took it off. 

"Oh, Luhan, are you okay?" she asked in Chinese.  "Are you hurt any where?  How did this happen?" 

"I'm fine," I replied back in Chinese. 

Then I looked around.  I wasn't in my own private room.  There was only a curtain that separated me and another bed that was next to mine from all the others.  I looked to that other bed and saw Ara sleeping.  My eyes widened and I got out of my bed to go to her. 

"Who is she, Luhan?" my mom asked. 

"Someone who doesn't have the greatest life," I replied and stared down at her.  Pain washed over me as I watched her lay on the bed unconscious.  It wasn't physical pain that I felt, but emotional pain. 

A few minutes later, my father walked into the room.  "It's good to see you up, Luhan," he said in Chinese.  I nodded my head at him, but turned back to Ara again just to continue staring at her. 

About an hour passed by.  My parents forced me to eat and drink some water to get me back to my regular self.  I noticed that no one was here for Ara at all.  No family nor any friends at all.  She still wasn't awake though. 

The next day came and we were still told to stay since we had inhaled a lot of smoke yesterday.  While my father went home the night before, my mother stayed by my side and sat in the chair beside me.  Most of the time I sat next to Ara though waiting for her to get up. 

I checked my phone and it was the end of the day for school.  Then I got a text from the guys that they were heading over to visit me soon.  When they got here I greeted them.  They asked me questions on what happened and then about Ara, who was still sleeping peacefully.  After hanging out with me for a while, they said that they needed to get going, so I said good-bye to them and watched them leave. 

Soon after my friends had left, Ara's had awoken.  She sat up and rubbed her eyes.  I smiled and unintentionally got really close to her.  "Give the girl some space," my mom scolded me.  I backed away immediately.  She pulled the mask off her face and looked at me, then my mother and bowed to her. 

"Nice to meet you," Ara said in a sleepy and small tone. 

"Hello there, sweetie.  May I ask where your parents are?  No one has been here to see you yet," my mom said.  Her Korean wasn't the best, so I hoped that Ara understood. 

"I-I'm not sure.  They might be at home," Ara replied. 

I handed her some water since her voice sounded like she need it.  She took it and gulped down basically the whole bottle.  My mom brought out some food for her and placed it on the table and rolled it over to her bed.  Ara thanked my mom and ate it.  As soon as she was finished with the meal, her parents walked in.  My mom was gone to the bathroom at this moment and I was starting to feel nervous. 

"Do you know how much the hospital bill is going to cost, you little useless girl," her father spat. 

Ara just sat there silently with an emotionless face staring down at her hands. 

"Why didn't you just die, huh?" her mother asked. 

"I'm sorry," I heard Ara whisper. 

I really wanted to step up and say something, but they kept going at it and spitting out nasty things about their own daughter.  Then my mother came back.  Her eyes met mine when she did and I could see the anger arising within her because I knew she understood what they were saying. 

"Excuse me, I don't think you should be saying that to your daughter," my mom butted in. 

"She's our daughter, not yours," Ara's mother said. 

I heard Ara plead to them to not make a scene and be rude to others, but she just earned a smack from her father.  I stood up and was about to walk over and protect her, but then her father also pulled out the needles that were still in her arm. 

"Sir you can't do that," one of the nurses said and walked in. 

"Shut up.  She's my child, I can do what ever I want," he snapped. 

The doctor came in and was trying to calm everything down, but Ara's father just started getting violent.  Ara tried to stop her parents, but got pushed down and fell off her bed with a thud.  I ran around the bed to the side where she fell and helped her get up.  She looked like she was in real pain, so I carefully pulled her back up to the bed.  Then the security guards came in and took her parents away. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her. 

She nodded her head, but the look on her face told me otherwise.  I used my hand to tilt her head up and looked into her eyes.  There were tears that were threatening to fall.  And when her tears finally did start falling, I used my thumb to wipe her tears away.  Then I leaned in and kissed her. 

Your/Ara's POV:

It's been about 5 month since the whole fire and hospital incident.  I'm now living with Luhan and his family since they insisted, my parents are in jail now, and my house is sold.  Life is still the same as it always has been except that I don't get beaten anymore, there are no more bruises and cuts, and... me and Luhan are a thing.

Ever since that day in the hospital, he promised that he'd always be there for me and protect me whether I say yes or no to being his girlfriend.  I couldn't just deny him, he saved my life and... I was starting to grow a crush on him since he was so caring. 

He's been everything that I've ever wish for.  He gives me the love and protection that I missed for part of my life.  Wherever we go and whatever we do he makes me feel comfortable and warm inside.  I could never be anymore thankful than I already am for this person, this special manly deer, to be beside me. 

We were walking hand in hand down in China Town.  I really loved coming here with Luhan, every time we came down her he would show me something nice or teach me about Chines culture.  The owners were starting to notice us coming here a lot more often and tended to always greet us warmly. 

We sat down in a near by park that was a block down from China Town and watched the sun set.  The February temperature wasn't being nice tonight and let the cold breeze blow on us.  Luhan noticed that I was starting to shiver, so he took his beanie off and put it on my head.  I smiled and grew slightly red at his action.  I was always kind of shy when he did things like this even though we've been dating for 5 months now. 

"Are you warmer now?" Luhan asked and slipped my hand back into his. 

"Yeah," I said and smiled to him.  "Thank you... for everything." 

"I'll do anything for you because I love you so much." 

"I love you, too," I said softly before leaning towards him and kissing him in the moonlight.  As I kissed him, I thought about my life and how terrible I used to think it was and how much I wanted to suicide, but right now with Luhan by me I don't think that way.  And I relized that all I needed was just a little love. 

 

 


Hi there!! here's the last one!  I hope you guys enjoyed reading this fanfic!!  please go check out my other fanfics and wait to read my future ones!  Thank you so much again!  :D

 

~Angelflyer