1

Just a Little Love

Your/Ara's POV:

"You guys are a terrible class!" the substitute teacher yelled at my biology class. 

Everyone was doing something bad.  I honestly didn't really care at all.  I took a couple of notes that were on the board and then started doodling on my notebook.  My grades were all A's so I didn't really bother to study or anything much.  Well, actually it wasn't like anyone cared any ways. 

Suddenly someone threw a paper airplane at the substitute.  That's when she snapped.  She got up from her desk and stomped her way out of the classroom and probably down to the principal's office.  I still sat there quietly and continued to doodle. 

Soon the bell rang, that meant it was lunch time.  I packed up my stuff and walked out of the class along with the others and went to my locker.  After I dumped all my stuff into my locker, I grabbed my lunch bag and headed out to my normal spot where my best friend, Jahee, was probably waiting already. 

"Hey, Ara," Jahee said when I got to the bench. 

I sat down next to her and opened up my lunch.  We started eating and enjoying the outside.  As we ate I listened to all of Jahee's stories that she had.  I found her stories quite interesting, but then again I'm usually a boring person and doesn't do much. 

Then she asked, "How was your day so far?" 

"I'm probably going to get a detention tomorrow after school," I replied simply and lowly as my usual self. 

"Why?" 

"Idiots in my biology class." 

"Ah, that ... I'll stay late tomorrow, then we can go hang out afterwards."  She smiled. 

I gave her my small smile and nodded my head.  We continued to finish up with our lunch and went back into the school.  As we were walking a group of guys were walking the opposite way as us and juggling with a soccer ball.  The soccer ball hit both me and Jahee as we passed by each other.   

"Sorry," one of the guys said. 

"It's okay," Jahee smiled and pulled me along. 

I looked up at who the person that apologized was because his voice sounded familiar.  But I didn't get a chance to fully scan his face since Jahee was pulling me away.  It didn't really matter, so I didn't mind. 

We both had geometry next so we quickly went to our lockers before meeting up at the classroom and sitting in our regular seats.  Once I sat down, I took out my stuff for the class, then took out my notebook that I was doodling on in biology class. 

As soon as the bell rang again and the teacher stepped into the room, everyone ran to their seats.  This class went by fast and the rest of the classes afterwards.  The last bell rang and I walked out to my locker.  Once I had all my stuff and whatnot, I went to the public library which was by the beach. 

After doing my homework, I borrowed a book and went to sit on the beach since it was a nice day.  An hour and a half passed by and it was now 5 pm.  I put the book away in my bag and stretched before getting up and walking around town for a while.  Once it got dark out, I started to make my way home.  I had to go back and pass the school, then walk down 4 more blocks just to get home, but I didn't mind. 

When I got home, I tried my very best to get in quietly and quickly before my... "parents" found out.  Usually I get passed them, but I guess not this time.  They both were in the kitchen.  I sighed and told myself that I should've checked first. 

"Yah!  Where were you?!?!" my "mother" asked in a harsh tone. 

"Out," I replied and tried pushing passed them. 

"Come back here right now!" 

I continued walking up to my room and ignoring all the yells to me.  They've started acting this way towards me when I started doing "bad things" and wasn't a perfect angel that they thought I would be. 

"Leave her alone," I heard my "dad" say.  "Let that little  roam where ever she wants." 

That was it, no more talking was heard.  I ran up to my room and threw my backpack onto the floor.  Quickly I changed into my sleeping clothes and laid in my bed.  Tomorrow's Friday, I have work to go to, so that means I have less time here at home.  That thought made me slightly more happier.  Slowly as the minutes passed by, I drifted off to sleep. 

Luhan's POV:

"What did you guys do in that class?" Suho asked.  "We heard the door slam and then we saw some teacher start heading down to the office." 

"Oh, biology?  We kind of took over and had a little bit of fun.  I mean, since Mrs. -face wasn't there we decided to take a break that hour," I replied while laughing remembering what had happened during biology class. 

"Well, now I wish I was in your class," Tao said lowly. 

"Trust me, I don't think you'll like Mrs. Hwang, she will destroy you if you have late work, fail a test, and all those little things," I said. 

"Yeah, she's like a beast," Xiumin said. 

"I'm so glad that we're out of here next year," I said with a sigh of relief. 

"Lucky asses," I heard Sehun mutter. 

"Don't worry Sehunnie, you'll do good," I smiled and patted his back.  He gave me an unconvinced look.  "Look at it this way, you might get the other teacher instead."  He nodded his head. 

"Any ways, did you want us to stay after and wait until you're detention is over?" Kris asked. 

"I never said anything about a detention," I said. 

"Well, if you are saying that the substitute went down to the office, I'm guessing you guys are in big trouble.  But did you want us to wait or not?" 

I scoffed then said, "No, it's fine." 

"Okay, don't say that we didn't wait up for you," Chen sang. 

"Yeah, yeah..." I mumbled. 

Suddenly we heard footsteps rushing towards us.  We all looked up and saw Baekhyun and Chanyeol running over.  I actually didn't notice that they were gone.  No wonder it sounded quieter than usual... 

"Sorry we're late.  We got a detention slip from Mr. what's-his-face," Baekhyun explained while trying to catch his breath, while Chanyeol nodded his head on the side to confirm what Baekhyun was saying was true. 

"Great, now even less people to play some basketball with," Kris said sarcastically. 

"Actually, I'm going to work at my mom's bakery tomorrow after school," Kyungsoo said. 

"Yeah, and I promised Taemin hyung that I'd practice with him.  Yixing is also tagging along," Kai said and wrapped his arm around Yixing who was daydreaming. 

"It's okay, Kris, next time," Suho said and patted Kris' back. 

As we were hanging out and walking around downtown, I spotted someone who I bumped into earlier today in the hall.  She and I used to be good friends when we were younger, but now we don't hang out much- or at all to be honest.  Her name is Ara.  Lee Ara.  I have to admit, I did kind of have a small crush on her.  But I won't say anymore with that. 

She seemed like she was just wandering around the town, but she still had her school uniform and backpack on.  'Didn't she live close to the school?' I asked myself.  I kept wondering about her, but then Chen brought me back to real life. 

"Yo, Earth to Luhan," Chen said and waved his hand in front of my face. 

"What?" I asked. 

"What are you staring at?" 

"No one."  I scratched the back of my head nervously and walked a little faster. 

"Huh?  You were staring at someone?  Who is it?  A girl?  Is she hot?" 

"Lay off, you dinosaur," Chanyeol pushed Chen away and threw his arm around me.  "Now, who is this girl that you speak of?" 

"Get away from Luhean!" Baekhyun said and pushed Chanyeol's arm off of me.   (for those who have watched EXO Showtime you know that in ep 11 when Baekhyun calls Luhan's name when he gets back from the conveinent store, it's so cute hehe c:)  "You know you can tell me any secret, especially with ones that have to do with girls because you know I'm an expert," he praised himself. 

"Yeah, you're an expert on making the girls runaway," Kyungsoo said. 

That made everyone laugh, including me.  Baekhyun glared at Kyungsoo, then walked next to him and hit his head.  Then the three beagles were back to asking me questions. 

"Would you guys just leave him alone," Kris said clearly annoyed. 

The three of them shut up and silently continued to walk with us.  It was dark out now and we were all saying bye to each other.  Then we finally parted.  As I was walking home, again I spotted Ara.  I wanted to approch her and walk her home since we both lived the same way, I just lived a street down, but I was kind of nervous.  We haven't talked at all during our high school years now that I think about it. 

Instead, I followed her.  While she was on one side of the street, I was on the other.  Finally when I saw her reach her house, I saw how sneaky she tried to be when she entered the house.  She went all the way around back when she could've used the front door.  I started to wonder about her again, but then my phone rang and I quickly ran home. 

The next day, in biology class our regular teacher was back and she was angrier than ever.  She yelled at us for the whole hour straight.  Before the bell rang, she handed all of us detention slips for tonight.  I watched as she went one by one to each person handing the piece of paper out. 

Then my eyes landed on Ara when Mrs. Hwang slammed the paper on her desk.  Ara looked up to Mrs. Hwang from what she was looking at on her desk.  She was the only one that got the paper slammed down in front of her, so everyone was now staring at her and Mrs. Hwang. 

"Where you even paying attention, Ms. Lee?" Mrs. Hwang asked sternly.  Ara just nodded her head in response.  Mrs. Hwang gave her a stink eye before continuing on through the rows. 

Ara tilted her head back down to her desk and continued to move her pencil in hand.  Right when the bell rang, all of us jumped up and ran out of the class, except for Ara.  She slowly packed her stuff up.  I watched her from outside of the classroom and was waiting for her, but then Sehun came running to me. 

"Come on, hyung!  Let's go get lunch," the boy said and pulled me along.  I took one last glance into the classroom and saw a short glimpse Ara walking towards the door. 

As soon as we finished lunch, the twelve of us went out to the field to play some soccer.  While we were playing and messing around, we lost control and the ball went flying in a random direction.  Our eyes followed where it went and saw that it landed in front of two girls.  I recognized them both.  It was Ara and Jahee.  Quickly I ran over to get the ball. 

"Hey, sorry," I said and bent down to pick the ball up.  Jahee gave me a small smile and Ara just stared at me for a second and then went back to eating her sandwich.  "So... I saw when Mrs. Hwang yelled at you... she's a ."  Ara looked back up at me and slightly nodded her head with her emotionless face. 

"Luhan!  What are you doing over there?" I heard Xiumin yell to me. 

I turned and drop-kicked the ball back to them.  "I'll be there in a second!" I shouted back. 

They all nodded their head and started playing without me.  I turned back around to the two girls and watched as they continued to eat their food quietly. 

"I guess I'll see you in detention later.  Bye," I said and waved as I left. 

"What were you doing over there, huh?" Kai asked raising an eyebrow as I joined them again. 

"He was flirting," Tao answered for me. 

"No," I denied.  "I was talking to some old friends." 

"Isn't one of those girls over there Jahee?" Suho asked.  "And then the other is that silent girl." 

"I wonder if she's mute..." Kyungsoo wondered. 

Suddenly I got defensive and said, "She's not mute!  She's just shy." 

"Whoa there, deer.  No need to get angry," Chen laughed. 

"I'm not angry," I defended. 

"Do you like her, hyung?" Sehun asked and put his arm on my shoulder. 

"No, she's just a friend.  Plus we haven't talked to each other since the beginning of junior high." 

"Well, things can change," Yixing said. 

Your/Ara's POV:

When I got up, I ran to the bathroom and washed up.  Then I went back to my room to get changed.  As soon as I had my backpack ready and uniform on, I went downstairs.  I quickly checked if there was anyone there.  When I found no one, I grabbed a banana from the table and started eating it. 

"Hey!  What are you doing?  Go to school!  And go find your own food!  You're just a waste of money!" my "mom" yelled. 

I finished the banana and threw the peel into the garbage can before starting to make my way out of the house.  But before I got out, my mom started yelling again.  "Where's my breakfast?" she asked.  I ignored her and continued walking, but then she grabbed my wrist.  I shook her off and ran out of the house before she could get me. 

When I was far away enough from the house I looked at my wrist that she grabbed.  It was red and started to hurt a little bit.  There was a mark from her ring that she was wearing, her sharp nails, and just how tightly she grabbed me.  I let out a breath and kept walking to school. 

Lunch time came around.  I've been zoning out the whole day because of what happened yesterday when I was at home.  It was absolutely terrible.  My "dad" came barging into my room and pulled me out of my bed.  I hit the ground hard and groaned in pain.  "I got a call from you're school.  What are you doing there that you get in trouble for?  Selling drugs I bet, huh?"  He went searching through all my stuff in my room even though I said I didn't have any drugs at all.  He smacked me and asked where they were.  I told him the same thing again, I didn't have any.  After a few more abusing sessions, he finally left my room.  I sighed and let a tear run down my cheek.  I fixed my bed up because I was too lazy to put everything back to it's place and sat there looking out of my window.  I asked myself how I could live like this for this long.  All this abuse that I've received for nothing at all.  Maybe I should just say good-bye. 

Then Luhan, one of my very old friends and one of the kingkas at this school, came over to talk to me and Jahee.  When he started talking about Mrs. Hwang and what happened I realized that he was in the same class as me. 

Once the school day was over, I had to head back over to biology because of the whole class detention.  I made my way into the classroom and sat down in my regular seat.  Before Mrs. Hwang came back into the class room, I had to call into work and tell that I'll be taking the day off. 

The detention basically went like a normal class after school.  We stared doing a small experiment that we were supposed to do yesterday, but didn't get a chance to do. 

Suddenly Luhan appeared in front of me.  He smiled to me and asked if he could work with me.  I nodded my head and moved a side a little.  I showed him my paper and what I had written down so far.  He copied them and then started helping me with the rest. 

Then Mrs. Hwang called the two for us over.  I went over to her and Luhan followed behind quietly.  She gave us a stack of papers that she needed copying.  I silently took the papers and headed out to the teacher's lounge. 

Luhan walked beside me also carrying a stack of papers.  As we walked he tried to start a conversation.  "So, how was your day?" he asked softly. 

"Fine," I replied. 

"It that we have to stay after..." 

I just nodded my head in agreement and continued walking.  When we finally got to the teacher's lounge, we set the papers down and started copying each one.  But of course the machine breaks down as we're half way through.  One of the teachers in the room has to call the repairman. 

"How about we go out for a little while?" Luhan suggested.  I looked up to Luhan.  "It'll probably take a while until the machine gets fixed, so how about we just go for a walk?"  I thought for a moment and nodded my head.  I needed some fresh air any ways. 

We snuck out of the school and started walking towards downtown.  I started to wonder why suddenly Luhan started talking to me again after about 5 to 6 years.  I didn't really mind, but it felt a little bit weird to me. 

"Why are you talking to me all of a sudden?" I asked out of no where. 

"Huh?  W-well..." he stared. 

"If this is a joke just get away.  I have enough problems to deal with."  I stopped in the middle of the side walk and looked up to his face. 

"No, it's not a joke.  I swear."  His face looked honest and innocent, so I sort of believed him.  But he is the one of the kingkas.  Wouldn't it be obvious that he would do this to a bunch of other girls?  I mean it's pretty typical. 

"Okay..." I said uneasily even though I didn't mean it to come out like that. 

"How about this then?" he walked up close to me.  "I'll tell you some secrets, then you tell me some of yours." 

I gave him my same emotionless face.  But I didn't know how to answer.  How could I trust him?  We haven't talked for so long that it's hard to know if he really means what he says.  Things change after a period of time.  He stared back at me with his sparkling eyes waiting for an answer to come out of my mouth. 

"Well... I'll just tell you my  secrets any ways," he said and turned starting to walk again while pulling me along. 

 

 


Hi!  I this will become a two-shot, maybe even a three-shot XP  I hope you guys don't mind hehe :)  any ways, please comment below what you think and also go check out my Lay one-shot!  Oh, and sorry for the grammar mistakes :/

 

~Angelflyer