Shall We Start?

Beyond Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wake up Oppa, the breakfast is served!” Changmin heard a knock on his door along with the voice. Five minutes to eight, perfect timing.

“Yeah, coming.” he said as he shuffled through the blanket and sat up. He turned the alarm off and got up to wash his face.

When he entered the living room, he was pretty glad. Hye Ra just knew that even though he liked a lot to eat, he’d rather eat something light in the morning so that he could devour more than anyone could during lunch. Hye Ra had given him two slices of bread with peanut butter, coffee and omelet. He sat down in his chair while she sat down next to him, with the same food.

“So... have you done the part of the Gianna Blanc project you were supposed to?” Changmin asked as he bit a mouthful of the bread.

“Yes, and I’ve mailed it to Gyun Woo. He’s mailed his parts to me as well. We’ve read and checked and we think it’s okay.” she said as she sipped her coffee.

“I will decide if it’s okay or not.” Changmin said in his bossy tone.

That’s all the conversation they had that morning. Changmin strictly guided her not to open about their cohabitation to anyone in the office, and she quietly agreed. Changmin said he didn’t want to become a controversy in the office he had been working for four years then, and Hye Ra nodded again.

Hye Ra started walking down the lane to the subway the google map directed to. As she kept on walking, her eyes not leaving the screen of her cell phone, she barely realized Changmin’s car pulling to block her way.

“Yah Hye Ra, hop in!” Changmin said loudly from the car.

“No, I don’t want you to get into any rumors for me.”

“No one will notice, I will drop you by the super mart. It’ll be a 2-minute-distance on foot from there to the office!” Changmin said as he came out and opened the door for her, “Please.” he said as he motioned her to get in, and she followed.

The whole ride was getting more awkward with the unwanted silence. Changmin had barely any topic he could hold a conversation with, while Hye Ra was too hesitant to converse, thinking if she’d annoy him if she brought up any discussion.

“So...” Changmin started, “How’d you like the movie?”

“It was good. I felt bad for the teenage girl, she had no parents to guide her...” Hye Ra said as she saw a few children playing by themselves by the road, she smiled.

“I felt bad for the wife.” Changmin replied.

“Yes, her condition was pitiful too...”

Long silence~

Till they reached the mart. Changmin pulled and asked her to ‘walk safe’. Hye Ra watched the car drive away, and sighed. This meant a lot to her. She was happier than she could think anything about Changmin could make her. Yes, she did imagine a marriage, but she wasn’t ever sure if it were to work out. But then, Hye Ra saw a future at the very least, she could tell that they were going towards something. Living under the same roof with him, making him breakfast, watching a movie with him; it was all like a dream.

Dream or not, Hye Ra didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter