Cohabitation?

Beyond Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Changmin and Mr. Shim came to visit Hye Ra after the office hours, during which Hye Ra didn’t show a glimpse of her face to Changmin.

   “I don’t want to see him!” Hye Ra started the moment Mrs. Kang entered the room and locked it from inside, “I don’t wanna see that self-important bastard. I HATE HIM!” she said and sunk her head in her palms.

   “The reason that you don’t want to see him isn’t because that he is apparently arrogant to you, but it is because you made a crazy confession to him last night.” Mrs. Kang said and sat down by her daughter, “Sweetie, I know you feel embarrassed for having been so blatant about such feelings, but don’t be. Because love, that was the bravest thing a woman could do at that hour. You showed him that you love him and it’s nothing to be ashamed about, rather it is your feeling that matters all the more to you and should matter more to him. Sweetie, be proud of yourself, and go down to see him proudly, have that aura he needs to see when he deals with the woman who loves him.”

   Hye Ra couldn’t control her tears; they rained down her mother’s shoulder as she vented her bottled emotions out. After having cried for a few minutes, she washed her face, changed to more decent clothing and went to see her guests.

   Changmin stood up in a daze when he saw her walk in, yet he covered it up profoundly by bowing to her slightly. They all took their seats, and Mr. Shim started, “After last night’s mishap, we contemplated on the proposal. And we have come down to a proper conclusion. Hye Ra, your parents are also consented, so I hope I’ll get your approval too. We have planned that you and Changmin cohabitate in Changmin’s apartment for a year; starting from this October to the next October. If you two get along well, then you both can get married; and if not then I swear by my left precious days that I shall never bring up the subject ever again.”

   Everything in the room paused for a moment, and whilst that Hye Ra’s thoughts surfaced uncontrollably. How could they stay together without marriage? Did Changmin agree with this? Will they be staying in the same room?

   “Now, as for others; Hye Ra dear, you both will stay in two different rooms, unless you both want to share one. I don’t think cohabitation will be taken very seriously by the society. And even if it is, why should you bother when you have my permission!”

   “But... does...” Hye Ra said, still irrevocable.

   “Yes dear, he agreed.” At this statement Changmin looked at Hye Ra, before walking to her and saying while she stood up herself, “I apologize for whatever I said last night... I was being too obnoxious. I am very sorry.”

   “It’s alright as I paid you back then and there.” Of course, Hye Ra wasn’t cool about it yet.

   The both eyed each other, Changmin with disbelief and Hye Ra with coldness.

   “Okay the matter is settled then. As it is already the 30th of September I want Hye Ra to pack her bag. Changmin, isn’t your guest room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter